Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Just got blue screen crash

Last response: in Windows 7
June 10, 2010 6:45:56 PM

I just built a brand new rig and have been running it all day. The system is not overclocked and has a cpu cooler.

Recently after waking the pc from sleep mode I experienced a blue screen crash. I did not get a chance to read it all or take notes before it restarted and was wondering what this might be.

How can I go about resolving this issue?

More about : blue screen crash

a b $ Windows 7
June 10, 2010 7:37:27 PM

vizering said:
I just built a brand new rig and have been running it all day. The system is not overclocked and has a cpu cooler.

Recently after waking the pc from sleep mode I experienced a blue screen crash. I did not get a chance to read it all or take notes before it restarted and was wondering what this might be.

How can I go about resolving this issue?

Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer should show you something in one of the logs.

m
l

Best solution

a c 215 $ Windows 7
June 10, 2010 8:00:53 PM

If you aren't equipped to read the dump files yourself, you are welcome to zip them up and post the file to a file hosting site. I'll download and crack them open to find the error code if you like.
Related resources
June 10, 2010 8:10:53 PM

Sooo... how can I zip them?

I may have to wait for another BSOD there are so many I have no idea where to look. There is 5 sections however, Application, Security, Setup, System and Forwarded Events.

Any idea where it would be hiding?
m
l
June 10, 2010 8:12:52 PM

Best answer selected by vizering.
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
June 10, 2010 9:29:31 PM

Might be better to grab the memory dump files themselves from C:\Windows\minidump. highlight all of them, right click and select Send To (compressed) Zip folder.
m
l
!