Solved

Just got blue screen crash

I just built a brand new rig and have been running it all day. The system is not overclocked and has a cpu cooler.

Recently after waking the pc from sleep mode I experienced a blue screen crash. I did not get a chance to read it all or take notes before it restarted and was wondering what this might be.

How can I go about resolving this issue?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about just blue screen crash
  1. vizering said:
    I just built a brand new rig and have been running it all day. The system is not overclocked and has a cpu cooler.

Recently after waking the pc from sleep mode I experienced a blue screen crash. I did not get a chance to read it all or take notes before it restarted and was wondering what this might be.

How can I go about resolving this issue?

Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer should show you something in one of the logs.

2. Best answer
    If you aren't equipped to read the dump files yourself, you are welcome to zip them up and post the file to a file hosting site. I'll download and crack them open to find the error code if you like.
  3. Sooo... how can I zip them?

I may have to wait for another BSOD there are so many I have no idea where to look. There is 5 sections however, Application, Security, Setup, System and Forwarded Events.

Any idea where it would be hiding?
  4. Best answer selected by vizering.
  5. Might be better to grab the memory dump files themselves from C:\Windows\minidump. highlight all of them, right click and select Send To (compressed) Zip folder.
Ask a new question

Read More

Blue Screen Crash Windows 7