Deck: Anarchs led by Bindusara

Hi. Here's another try at an Anarchs deck; any thoughts would be much
appreciated.

Deck Name: Bindusara's Anarchs
Created By: S.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 21, Max: 32, Avg: 6.58)
2 Bindusara AUS DOM FOR PRE tha 9, Ventrue
2 Eugenio Estevez AUS dom for THA 6, Tremere
2 Kyoko Shinsegawa aus cel dom for 5, Tremere
1 Marlene AUS dem DOM for tha 6, Ventrue antitribu
1 Muaziz aus dom for THA 7, Tremere
1 Parnassus aus CEL QUI tha 7, Assamite
1 Vincent Day aus dom for pot tha 5, Ventrue antitribu
1 Virstania AUS dom pre THA vic 7, Tremere
1 Yitzak pre AUS CEL THA 7, Toreador antitribu

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (14 cards)
1 Anarch Free Press, The
1 Anarch Railroad
2 Blood Doll
2 Celerity
3 Galaric`s Legacy
1 Powerbase: Los Angeles
1 Seattle Committee
2 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
1 Threestar Cab Company

Action (24 cards)
11 Cryptic Mission
1 Fee Stake: Boston
1 Fee Stake: Corte
1 Fee Stake: Los Angeles
1 Fee Stake: New York
1 Fee Stake: Perth
1 Fee Stake: Seattle
2 Go Anarch
1 Reformation
4 Scouting Mission

Action Modifier (18 cards)
6 Crocodile`s Tongue
6 Change of Target
6 Loose Cannon

Political Action (6 cards)
2 Anarch Salon
2 Firebrand
2 Free States Rant

Reaction (11 cards)
7 Friend of Mine
4 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (17 cards)
11 Diversion
2 Groundfighting
2 Theft of Vitae
2 Weighted Walking Stick
6 answers Last reply
More about deck anarchs bindusara

    > Reaction (11 cards)
    > 7 Friend of Mine
    > 4 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

    7 of your vamps have AUS and the others have aus. Maybe a few
    Telepathic Trackings instead of all Friends would be useful? TC
    doesn't cost 1 blood, and a single vamp can play both to reduce a
    potentially devestating bleed by 4.

    I'd also try and get a few flicks in there. Telepathic Misdirection
    rocks, and has great cyclability by playing it at lesser. If you're
    going to get bled heavily, make the bleed oust your prey.

    When playing Anarch's, it's good to have flexibility to play cards when
    you aren't an anarch, else if you get blocked trying to go Anarch,
    you're dead.

    --> J

    7 of your vamps have AUS and the others have aus. Maybe a few
    Telepathic Trackings instead of all Friends would be useful? TC
    doesn't cost 1 blood, and a single vamp can play both to reduce a
    potentially devestating bleed by 4.

    I'd also try and get a few flicks in there. Telepathic Misdirection
    rocks, and has great cyclability by playing it at lesser. If you're
    going to get bled heavily, make the bleed oust your prey.

    When playing Anarch's, it's good to have flexibility to play cards when

    you aren't an anarch, else if you get blocked trying to go Anarch,
    you're dead.

    --> J

    Umm, reducing bleeds? I think you meant Telepathic Counter. But good
    advice though. Especially since you're using Friend of Mine at the
    Fortitude level. Telepathic Counter does the same minus the blood cost.

    Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 21, Max: 32, Avg: 6.58)
    ------------------------------­----------------
    2 Bindusara AUS DOM FOR PRE tha 9, Ventrue
    2 Eugenio Estevez AUS dom for THA 6, Tremere
    2 Kyoko Shinsegawa aus cel dom for 5, Tremere
    1 Marlene AUS dem DOM for tha 6, Ventrue antitribu
    1 Muaziz aus dom for THA 7, Tremere
    1 Parnassus aus CEL QUI tha 7, Assamite
    1 Vincent Day aus dom for pot tha 5, Ventrue antitribu
    1 Virstania AUS dom pre THA vic 7, Tremere
    1 Yitzak pre AUS CEL THA 7, Toreador antitribu

    Too many high cap. vampires. When playing Fee Stakes, it's good to have
    at least half your crypt Baron Ready but the rest of it should consist
    of vampires with a capacity less than five. Also let's you get the most
    out of Firebrands. Now I don't know why you run Bindusara over Ian
    Forestal. You don't run any cards that require Presence, and have no
    need for superior Fortitude. Ian costs a pool less, and can play
    everything. Plus he's got all three in-clan at superior. I would try
    something like this:

    2x Ian Forestal 8 AUS DOM THAU Tremere-Antitribu
    1x Muaziz, Archon of... 7 aus dom for THAU Tremere
    1x Eugenio Estevez 6 AUS dom for THAU Tremere
    1x Elena Mendoza Vasquez 6 AUS dom obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu
    1x Marlene, The... 6 AUS dem DOM for thau Ventrue-Antitribu
    1x Vincent Day 5 aus dom for pot thau Ventrue-Antitribu
    1x Richard Tauber 4 AUS thau Tremere-Antitribu
    1x Thelonius 4 aus dom thau Tremere-Antitribu
    1x Brooke 3 dom thau Tremere-Antitribu
    1x Martin Franckel 3 AUS thau Tremere
    1x Heinrick Shlempt 2 thau Tremere-Antitribu

    Library: (90 cards)
    -------------------
    Master (14 cards)
    1 Anarch Free Press, The
    1 Anarch Railroad
    2 Blood Doll
    2 Celerity
    3 Galaric`s Legacy
    1 Powerbase: Los Angeles
    1 Seattle Committee
    2 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
    1 Threestar Cab Company

    Three Galaric's Legacy is not enough. And hoping to draw that lone
    Seattle Committee in your opening hand is not going to cut it. I run
    six Legacies and a copy of Committee in most my anarch decks. And from
    my experience, it's much better than the cardless action nowadays
    because you'll get blocked. Your predator and prey won't want you
    becoming Going Anarch and with the amount of Anarch Required cards you
    run, you need that Galaric's Legacy as soon as possible to prevent hand
    jam. Also, you need better pool management. Maybe this:

    - 2x Celerity
    - 2x Smiling Jack
    - 1x Three Star Cab Company (... at three pool, no wonder it's not a
    five star)

    + 2 Blood Doll
    + 3 Galaric's Legacy

    Yes yes, Smiling Jack is pretty good for the deck. But bare with me.
    You're not exactly intercepting much with this deck and run only 4x
    WWEF in the original decklist. Sure Powerbase: Los Angeles helps, but
    that's it -- you're not going to get much out of Smiling Jack with five
    cards in defending him. You can up the Master slots by two and Vampiric
    Disease instead though. Heh.

    Action (24 cards)
    11 Cryptic Mission
    1 Fee Stake: Boston
    1 Fee Stake: Corte
    1 Fee Stake: Los Angeles
    1 Fee Stake: New York
    1 Fee Stake: Perth
    1 Fee Stake: Seattle
    2 Go Anarch
    1 Reformation
    4 Scouting Mission

    Not too bad, but drop down to five Fee Stake(s) and get rid of the
    copies of Go Anarch! You got Galaric's Legacies instead. Reformation is
    sweet and I always add a copy if running enough Dominate in Anarch
    decks. Scouting Mission is ok I guess. Works nicely with Loose
    Cannon/Crocodile's Tongue/Change of Target you have going. But I would
    drop them. I don't think they'll block your bleed once you pull that
    combo off once or twice. I mean, I'd rather take two than have four
    blood depleted off a vamp. In which case, you'd be better off with
    Conditionings.

    Action Modifier (18 cards)
    6 Crocodile`s Tongue
    6 Change of Target
    6 Loose Cannon

    - 2x Crocodile's Tongue
    - 2x Change of Target

    I like the combo but I would add these to help with the vote module:

    + 2 Telepathic Vote Counting

    And yes, these as mentioned above:

    + 2 Conditioning

    Political Action (6 cards)
    2 Anarch Salon
    2 Firebrand
    2 Free States Rant

    Drop Anarch Salon. I love the card, had a Follower of Set bloat deck
    that used Tribute to the Master / Anarch Salon while Enchanting at
    superior and Legal Manipulating their way to a pretty impressive amount
    of pool. I guess it could work here, but I would replace them with two
    more Free States Rant. Just adds more to what you have going with
    Cryptic Missions and Vampiric Disease / Smiling Jack plus Crocodile's
    Tongue / Loose Cannon.

    Reaction (11 cards)
    7 Friend of Mine
    4 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

    I would run the following instead:

    6x Wake with Evening's Freshness
    6x Telepathic Misdirection
    3x Telepathic Counter

    T. Misdirection doubles as light intercept. Sure it costs a blood, but
    hey - always nice to send a vampire who's out of blood to torpor once
    he tries to hunt. You were blowing that blood on friend of Mine so
    either way, you get a tad more versatility this way. Telepathic Counter
    is fun with Powerbase: LA and with the amount of AUS you have doesn't
    cost you a thing to reduce a bleed for two.

    Combat (17 cards)
    11 Diversion
    2 Groundfighting
    2 Theft of Vitae
    2 Weighted Walking Stick

    It makes sense in the original decklist, with the amount of celerity
    you were running. Not a bad package but with the changes, I would make
    it look more like this:

    12x Diversion
    4x Burst of Sunlight
    2x Aura Reading

    Diversion / Burst of Sunlight is too sweet to pass up. Aura Reading is
    sweet at both inferior and superior. Again having a card do two
    different things helps in different situations. I like playing at
    superior, letting me dig a little deeper into my deck and helps hand
    jam.

    All and all, I like the deck. Made quite a few changes, and I am not
    saying they're all great but try it out and see if it works for you.
    Also would try to squeeze in Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter). He's one of my
    favorite allies, and with all the blood you'll be plucking off vamps -
    he'd be great to stop hunting actions. Or equiping actions, or
    political actions... you get the drift. He's just annoying. Good luck
    with the deck!

    In general, I agree with many of Evil's changes. You really do want
    more minions, so reducing your overall crypt size is good. Plus, the
    possibility of having two or three 7-caps in your opening draw makes
    Firebrand less effective. I think the one big place I would differ is
    to use your vote module more on the Firebrands. You have a lot of
    actions, and you'd really like to have as many minions as possible take
    two per turn. I agree that the votes are going to be a little
    difficult to pass. One thing I haven't tried yet is the potentially
    rude combo of Mob Rule/Telepathic Vote Counting. Perhaps something to
    consider for this deck.

    Eric Simon
    Prince of Chicago

    Thanks! Okay, here it is again, with a few changes:

    Deck Name: Bindusara's Anarchs
    Created By: S.

    Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 17, Max: 32, Avg: 6.08)
    1 Parnassus aus CEL QUI tha 7, Assamite
    1 Yitzak pre AUS CEL THA 7, Toreador antitribu
    1 Richard Tauber AUS tha 4, Tremere antitribu
    1 Eugenio Estevez AUS dom for THA 6, Tremere
    2 Kyoko Shinsegawa aus cel dom for 5, Tremere
    1 Martin Franckel tha AUS 3, Tremere
    1 Muaziz aus dom for THA 7, Tremere
    1 Marlene AUS dem DOM for tha 6, Ventrue antitribu
    1 Vincent Day aus dom for pot tha 5, Ventrue antitribu
    2 Bindusara AUS DOM FOR PRE tha 9, Ventrue

    Library: (90 cards)
    -------------------
    Master (14 cards)
    1 Anarch Free Press, The
    3 Blood Doll
    1 Celerity
    6 Galaric`s Legacy
    1 Powerbase: Los Angeles
    1 Seattle Committee
    1 Smiling Jack, The Anarch

    Action (20 cards)
    10 Cryptic Mission
    1 Fee Stake: Boston
    1 Fee Stake: Corte
    1 Fee Stake: Los Angeles
    1 Fee Stake: Perth
    1 Fee Stake: Seattle
    1 Reformation
    4 Scouting Mission

    Action Modifier (18 cards)
    6 Crocodile`s Tongue
    6 Change of Target
    4 Loose Cannon
    2 Telepathic Vote Counting

    Political Action (6 cards)
    3 Firebrand
    3 Free States Rant

    Reaction (17 cards)
    4 Friend of Mine
    4 Telepathic Counter
    4 Telepathic Misdirection
    5 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

    Combat (15 cards)
    2 Burst of Sunlight
    11 Diversion
    2 Weighted Walking Stick

    I can't use Ian Forestal because I don't have any of him, and it's no
    use trading for it because I can never keep him. Whenever I get one,
    someone runs up out of nowhere and snatches it away.

    I'm not sure I want to get rid of Celerity altogether.

    The thing I like about Scouting Mission is that Bindusara (and I
    suppose, Marlene) can always use it at superior in a pinch. Bleeding at
    more than +1 is likely to get my bleed bounced, or even Archon
    Investigated if I get greedy and unlucky. The bleed isn't even meant to
    go through, anyhow; it's bait.

    I want to keep Kyoko. I think she's brilliant here, even without tha.
    Sure she can't play Cryptic Mission, but she doesn't need to.

    As far as people not falling for the same trick after the first few
    times, I think you'd be surprised. Even after years of playing, a guy
    with one +1 Intercept in hand will always attempt to block a heavy
    stealth bleed deck, regardless of how well it usually works for him.

    So, is this version better? Or is it too unfocused now? Thanks!

    Hmm not too bad, a shame you can't get your hands on Ian Forestal but
    he does come in the Tremere-Antitribu Black Hand Starter deck.
    Definitely worth it. Anyways, let's see.

    Master (14 cards)
    1 Anarch Free Press, The
    3 Blood Doll
    1 Celerity
    6 Galaric`s Legacy
    1 Powerbase: Los Angeles
    1 Seattle Committee
    1 Smiling Jack, The Anarch

    Much better. You can drop one Galaric's Legacy for the extra Blood
    Doll. Still think Vampiric Disease is a better choice than Smiling
    Jack. Cool with the single Celerity card, though.

    Reaction (17 cards)
    4 Friend of Mine
    4 Telepathic Counter
    4 Telepathic Misdirection
    5 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

    I still don't see why you use Friend of Mine. You can only play it with
    Fortitude and it's really not worth the trouble of going anarch for in
    this case. Especially when you got T. Counter at your disposal. Now
    that being said, if you'd add Elena Mendoza Vasquez and Gerard (... a
    five cap. with aus obt dom for ...) then I would add like two or three
    copies of Friend of Mine just for fun. Still think your average crypt
    cap. is too high though.

    Combat (15 cards)
    2 Burst of Sunlight
    11 Diversion
    2 Weighted Walking Stick

    This is nice with Kyoko, and even better if you can get a hold of Ian
    Forestal. He'd also work nicely with Friend of Mine. All in all, test
    it out. Seems solid, but there's going to be a few kinks here and
    there. Always is with Anarch decks. Good luck though!

    On 18 Mar 2005 16:05:38 -0800, bjornstein@yahoo.com scrawled:

    >Thanks! Okay, here it is again, with a few changes:
    >
    >Deck Name: Bindusara's Anarchs
    >Created By: S.
    >
    >Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 17, Max: 32, Avg: 6.08)
    >1 Parnassus aus CEL QUI tha 7, Assamite
    >1 Yitzak pre AUS CEL THA 7, Toreador antitribu
    >1 Richard Tauber AUS tha 4, Tremere antitribu
    >1 Eugenio Estevez AUS dom for THA 6, Tremere
    >2 Kyoko Shinsegawa aus cel dom for 5, Tremere
    >1 Martin Franckel tha AUS 3, Tremere
    >1 Muaziz aus dom for THA 7, Tremere
    >1 Marlene AUS dem DOM for tha 6, Ventrue antitribu
    >1 Vincent Day aus dom for pot tha 5, Ventrue antitribu
    >2 Bindusara AUS DOM FOR PRE tha 9, Ventrue

    personally, i'd try somehow to be squeezing more Trem in the crypt,
    and including Arcane Library. That is half the reason people play with
    Bindusara, isn't it?

    salem
    http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
    (replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

Games LED Monitor Video Games