Treo Message Waiting Indicator

June 20, 2005 10:56:53 PM

My Original Post From alt.cellular.cingular

Last week my Treo 650 crashed while receiving a text message. After
the phone reset I checked my messages and there were none (where there
had been 10-20 messages...appears to have deleted all messages). Ever
since, there has been a message waiting icon on my phones home screen.

I have done a hard and soft reset and it is still there. I have gone
through and deleted the messages in the inbox, outbox, drafts, etc to
where there were no messages visisble on my phone and the icon is
still.

I contacted Cingular Customer No Support and they cancelled and
restarted my text messaging service and said that would fix
it....WRONG!

Has anyone else experienced this problem or familiar with how to fix
it?

Thanks!
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 11:54:01 AM

On 20 Jun 2005, at 18:56:53 [GMT -0700] (11:56:53 Tuesday, 21 June 2005
where I live) "Jess.Hickey" wrote:

> I contacted Cingular Customer No Support and they cancelled and
> restarted my text messaging service and said that would fix
> it....WRONG!

Have you tried to e-mail Palm support?

They usually respond pretty quickly, within 24 hours.

Err... which doesn't seem to be on the USA Palm pages?

Try this link:-

http://www.palmone.com/au/support/contact/email_support...

Let us know how you go.

--

In any hierarchy, each individual rises to his own level of incompetence,
and then remains there.

I'm not sure about Cingular or the Treo 650 but the message waiting
indicator on the Treo 600 is only supported by certain service providers. In
Canada, it is supported by the real Rogers but not supported by Fido (which
got bought out by Rogers). On Fido, if someone leaves you a voice mail
message, the only indication that you get is the standard SMS telling you
that you have a voice mail message. With Rogers, you get the "icon" on your
phone screen indicating that you have a voice mail message waiting.

!