[tournament report] House of Sleaze

I wouldn't make much more of this report than a typical night's gaming,
since only 5 people rolled out for the event. However, for those who
watch metagames, maybe there's information to be gleaned by the decks
the players chose as "tournament worthy", and the results of their
interaction. Since there were so few people, we chose to use the
multi-deck format, and decide the victor by the cumulative number of
GW's and VP's from three rounds, rather than a final.

Round 1:

Nate Foure: Giovanni Anarchs Gearing Up -->
Jordan Bealle: Abyssal Hunter/Midcap Lasombra -->
Matt Guinn: Dem/For Wall -->
John Byrd: Weenie For/Trap/UP/Molotav -->
David Cherryholmes: Loose Cannon/Croc Tongue Bleedzooka

Predictably, I got leaned into hard early on, and spent most of the game
trying to govern down and cycle into Obedience. My predator managed to
look like the "bad guy", and so I got a little help cross table from
Jordan with AH damage, and from my grandpredator with a few Eagle's
Sights. Due to a lack of pressure, Nate built up to 6 minions and
looked strong. One eagle's block from Matt resulted in his torpor. I
said he'd have to rely on his other bridge partner, the one with 6
minions and piles of blood for the rescue. Instead, Nate graverobbed
Marie. Somehow I survived John's onslaught, and lunged for a bleed of 7
on Nate. Next turn, I top decked into the right stuff and got a VP,
which was more than I expected. The game concluded with Matt offering
Jordan a VP for cross-tabling John, after which he ousted me. The game
concluded with Matt and Jordan racing the clock for a mutual withdrawal,
giving Matt 3 VP and the GW.

Round 2:

Jordan: PRE/VIC !Tor
David Cherryholmes: Baron Samedi gets Eye of Hazimel -->
Matt: PRE/DOM/Princes, old school Law Firm -->
Nate: Giovanni Anarchs Gearing Up -->
John: Weenie For/Trap/UP

John leaned into Jordan hard. Jordan displayed a stream of Art Scams,
more or less balancing John's bleeds. Matt drops a Cam Seg early on
and, combined with odd points of KRC's backwards, does enough damage to
me that I can not afford to ever get the Eye. I do get Le Dinh Tho as
my first vampire, and manage to curb Matt's momentum. John gets Jordan
on the ropes, Nate gets John on the ropes, Matt gets Nate on the ropes,
and I get Matt on the ropes. The game comes down to a DI of a
Majesty... Matt goes to torpor instead of untapping, bleeds during the
day with his last minion action, gets bounced, and dies to my Tension in
the Ranks (had he not been bounced he would have gotten six and lived).
Nate ousts John. Nate offers me a VP deal which I decline, he offers
Jordan a VP deal which he declines, I oust Nate and then Jordan for 4 VP
and the GW.

Round 3: (Matt takes off to hang out with some chick, displaying
appalling priorities):

I go into the final top seed. I know John was waffling between weenie
cheese and Malk cheese, and he's yet to show the Malks. I choose to be
John's predator. It is noted that both John and Nate need the sweep in
order to even tie me. John ousts Jordan quickly, and Nate ousts me,
giving me the win for the day.

John: Malk94 -->
Jordan: Abyssal Hunters -->
Nate: Anarch Giovanni -->
David: Baron/Eye

--

David Cherryholmes
david.cherryholmes@gmail.com

"OK. So be it. It's not my view, but whatever makes you
happy, right? I'm all about making you happy, Dave. :)"

-- LSJ, V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.

In case anyone is curious about the decks I played, here are both of them:

Deck Name : Loose Cannon
Author :
Description :

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 5 max: 10 average: 7.58

2x Oliver Thrace 9 AUS DOM THA nec obf pot Tremere:3
2x Selena 6 AUS DOM THA !Tremere:3
2x Goratrix 10 ANI AUS DOM THA vic !Tremere:2
1x William Biltmore 9 AUS DEM OBF THA dom Malkavian:3
1x Elena Mendoza Vasq 6 AUS THA dom obt !Tremere:3
1x Yasmin the Black 6 AUS THA dom pre !Tremere:3
1x Aisling Sturbridge 5 AUS THA dom Tremere:2
1x Hannigan 5 AUS THA dom !Tremere:2
1x Helena 10 AUS CEL DOM obf pre tha Toreador:3

Library [90 cards]

Action [18]
8x Govern the Unaligned
3x Pulse of the Canaille
5x Revelations
2x Rutor's Hand

Action Modifier [34]
6x Bonding
6x Change of Target
8x Crocodile's Tongue
7x Loose Cannon
7x Seduction

Master [23]
2x Blood Doll
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Fear of Mekhet
7x Galaric's Legacy
2x Information Highway
1x Metro Underground
2x Minion Tap
1x Seattle Committee
3x Society of Leopold
2x Zillah's Valley

Reaction [15]
5x Forced Awakening
5x Obedience
5x Telepathic Misdirection

Deck Name : baron_eye
Author :
Description :

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 9 average: 4.75

4x Baron, The 9 FOR NEC OBF THN dom 2 votes Samedi:2
1x Le Dinh Tho 5 NEC aus dom Nagaraja:2
1x Gloria Giovanni 4 DOM nec Giovanni:2
1x Lana Butcher 3 dom for Ventrue:3
1x Christine Boscacci 2 dom vic Pander:2
1x Marciana Giovanni, 2 dom Giovanni:2
1x Mustafa Rahman 2 dom Tremere:2
1x Samson 2 dom !Ventrue:2
1x Royce 1 dom Pander:2

Library [77 cards]

Action [4]
1x Daemonic Possession
1x Masochism
2x Summon Soul

Action Modifier [9]
6x Freak Drive
3x Hidden Lurker

Action Modifier/Combat [2]
1x Soul Stealing
1x Swallowed by the Night

Action Modifier/Reaction [2]
2x Spectral Divination

Combat [35]
7x Compress
4x Hidden Strength
4x Immortal Grapple
1x Infection
1x Rigor Mortis
6x Trap
3x Unflinching Persistence
9x Withering

Equipment [2]
2x Eye of Hazimel

Master [12]
3x Blood Doll
1x Dominate
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Effective Management
1x Giant's Blood
1x Information Highway
1x Perfectionist
1x Potence
1x Regenerative Blood
1x Vast Wealth

Reaction [11]
8x Deflection
3x Forced Awakening

--

David Cherryholmes
david.cherryholmes@gmail.com

"OK. So be it. It's not my view, but whatever makes you
happy, right? I'm all about making you happy, Dave. :)"

-- LSJ, V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.

Always interesting to see deck lists. I would be very happy if it's
possible for you to post the list of the Gear Up! Giovanni anarch deck
too.

Palomar

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 20:07:42 -0500, David Cherryholmes
<david.cherryholmes@duke.edu> wrote:

>In case anyone is curious about the decks I played, here are both of them:
>
>Deck Name : Loose Cannon
>Deck Name: baron_eye

People are always interested.

http://bluedevilvtes.tripod.com

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.