Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

DECK - Ventrue Antitribu AUS/FOR/OBT Combat!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 5:46:59 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Description: Been wanting to build something like this for awhile, but
don't know what approach to take. It would include Group 3-4 Ventrue
Antitribu making use of the excellent Brude de Guy as the star vampire.
Focusing on Ecstatic Agony and Crocodile's Tongue to prepare for the
storm while Obtenebration cards like Darkness Within wears them out in
combat. I think there's something to work with, just wondering if it's
enough.


Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap 10 Min Cap 3 Avg. Cap 7.1
-------------------------------------------------------------
4x Bruce de Guy 10 AUS DOM FOR OBT Ventrue-Antitribu:4
1x Owain Evans, The... 8 pre cel AUS DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3
2x Joseph O' Grady 7 aus cel DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3
1x Blackhorse Tanner 7 AUS DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3
1x Charice Fontaigne 6 AUS DOM for pot Ventrue-Antitribu:3
2x Katherine Stoddard 4 dom for Ventrue-Antitribu:3
1x Sister Evelyn 3 aus dom Ventrue-Antitribu:3

Master - 12
5x Blood Doll
1x Demonstration
1x Minion Tap
1x Ventrue Investment
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Society of Leopold
1x Secure Haven

Action - 11
4x Govern the Unaligned
2x Ecstatic Agony
2x Eternal Vigilance
1x Pulse of the Canaille
1x Masochism
1x Sanguine Instruction

Action Modifier - 14
8x Crocodile's Tongue
4x Bonding
2x Freak Drive

Political Action - 1
1x Sabbat Priest

Combat - 32
2x Aura Reading
8x Indominability
3x Superior Mettle
3x Rolling with the Punches
4x Telepathic Tracking
5x Weighted Walking Stick
5x Darkness Within
1x Pulled Fangs
1x Lessons in the Steel
1x Shared Strength

Reaction - 19
5x Forced Awakening
5x Deflection
3x Eagle's Sight
3x Enhanced Senses
3x Spirit's Touch

Allies / Retainers - 1
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 4:08:28 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Black Metamorphosis for Bruce? ;) 
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 6:52:36 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

On 20 Mar 2005 02:46:59 -0800, evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:

>Description: Been wanting to build something like this for awhile, but
>don't know what approach to take. It would include Group 3-4 Ventrue
>Antitribu making use of the excellent Brude de Guy as the star vampire.
>Focusing on Ecstatic Agony and Crocodile's Tongue to prepare for the
>storm while Obtenebration cards like Darkness Within wears them out in
>combat. I think there's something to work with, just wondering if it's
>enough.
>

Since your deck aims to survive and grab whatever is left in the end
game, you'll need at least some mens of taking out your first prey, or
preventing him/her from gaining VPs. Currently, your intercept is not
up to that joib, and you lack rush. Maybe some Eagle Sight and Nose of
the Hound?

Also, you may want to consider what to do about S:CE.

>
>Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap 10 Min Cap 3 Avg. Cap 7.1
>-------------------------------------------------------------
>4x Bruce de Guy 10 AUS DOM FOR OBT Ventrue-Antitribu:4
>1x Owain Evans, The... 8 pre cel AUS DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3
>2x Joseph O' Grady 7 aus cel DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3
>1x Blackhorse Tanner 7 AUS DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3
>1x Charice Fontaigne 6 AUS DOM for pot Ventrue-Antitribu:3
>2x Katherine Stoddard 4 dom for Ventrue-Antitribu:3
>1x Sister Evelyn 3 aus dom Ventrue-Antitribu:3

I'd get rid of Blackhorse Tanner and Clarice, to be replaced by more
weenies, or maybe a Lasombra. With only Bruce able to play your
Obtenebration cards, you're vulnerable to both bad crypt draws and
handjam.

>
>Master - 12
>5x Blood Doll
>1x Demonstration
>1x Minion Tap
>1x Ventrue Investment
>2x Dreams of the Sphinx
>1x Society of Leopold
>1x Secure Haven

The Secure Haven should not be necessary, unless you want to contest
it. Even then, I'd prefer an Arson. Maybe add Fame *2 and Haven
Uncovered?

>
>Action - 11
>4x Govern the Unaligned
>2x Ecstatic Agony
>2x Eternal Vigilance
>1x Pulse of the Canaille
>1x Masochism
>1x Sanguine Instruction

More Eternal Vigilance! And although Pulse is nice, it's costly and at
little stealth. Might want to consider just using Conditioning.

You could also consider Graverobbing.

>
>Action Modifier - 14
>8x Crocodile's Tongue
>4x Bonding
>2x Freak Drive

So, what are you going to do that forces people to block you?
Crocodile's Tongue is a dead card in your hand if you're going to be
Deflected instead of blocked.

>
>Political Action - 1
>1x Sabbat Priest
>
>Combat - 32
>2x Aura Reading
>8x Indominability
>3x Superior Mettle
>3x Rolling with the Punches
>4x Telepathic Tracking
>5x Weighted Walking Stick
>5x Darkness Within
>1x Pulled Fangs
>1x Lessons in the Steel
>1x Shared Strength

IMpressive, but easily ignore by a single Majesty. And how to get into
combat? You don't have rush at all...

I'd get rid of some Indomitability for Soak myself, and add more
Pulled Fangs. Maybe add Trap as well, to go with the Superior Mettle?

>
>Reaction - 19
>5x Forced Awakening
>5x Deflection
>3x Eagle's Sight
>3x Enhanced Senses
>3x Spirit's Touch

Not bad, although I'd prefer Telepathic Misdirection over Deflection
myself - you'll need intercept to keep your prey in check.

Melange might be a nice adition to the deck.

>
>Allies / Retainers - 1
>1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

I hope you get it to work, since I think it's an interesting concept,
but to make this a challenger you may need to work on the details a
bit more.

Good luck!


Regards,

Patrick
Columbus, OH


History is not written by those who are right
But by those who are left
Related resources
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 7:56:22 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

I'd get rid of Blackhorse Tanner and Clarice, to be replaced by more
weenies, or maybe a Lasombra. With only Bruce able to play your
Obtenebration cards, you're vulnerable to both bad crypt draws and
handjam.

Considering this is a Group 3-4 crypt, there's not many options out
there for use with Bruce de Guy. None of the Lasombra possess Fortitude
or Auspex, and the deck runs heavy on both so I would be making myself
even more prone to handjam if I were to add any of them. However,
there's always Mathhew Romans who has an interesting ability and both
AUS + OBT possibly replacing Blackhorse Tanner. Other than that, I
think it's solid but a little too high capacity wise. Used to
weenie/mid-cap stratgies here.

The Secure Haven should not be necessary, unless you want to contest
it. Even then, I'd prefer an Arson. Maybe add Fame *2 and Haven
Uncovered?

This was one of the weakest points of the deck. I didn't know how to
handle the master slots, but I don't think I need to rush Haven
Uncovered or Fame. It's not that kind of deck. Not with only
30-something combat cards, but you're right about adding some rush.
Nose of the Hound is something I considered. But, taking a cue from
David Cherryholmes' winning deck posted a little earlier, it now looks
something like this:

Master - 12
2x Information Highway
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
2x Zillah's Valley
3x Blood Doll
1x Society of Leopold
1x Minion Tap
1x Demonstration

More Eternal Vigilance! And although Pulse is nice, it's costly and at
little stealth. Might want to consider just using Conditioning.

Yup. More Eternal Vigilance, and dumped the Pulse. Won't bother much
with Conditioning, because Bruce allows me to bleed for three at +1
Stealth via Bonding. At no blood cost. Actions look like this. Maybe
should have kept the Masochism though.

Action - 14
4x Govern the Unaligned
4x Nose of the Hound
3x Eternal Vigilance
1x Ecstatic Agony

So, what are you going to do that forces people to block you?
Crocodile's Tongue is a dead card in your hand if you're going to be
Deflected instead of blocked.

Bleeding for two or four (Bruce & Govern) and/or with the Pulse in
former decklist was the plan. And nobody wants you to be Eternally
Vigilant so getting blocked wasen't something I worried about. But I
agree, Nose of the Hound is good for taking down specific threats and
gives me another way to unjam my hand. Lowered number of Crocodile's
Tongue and added another Bonding:

Action Modifier - 10
5x Crocodile's Tongue
5x Bonding

Impressive, but easily ignore by a single Majesty. And how to get into
combat? You don't have rush at all...

Telepathic Tracking is my anti S:CE tech. I only own four though, but
my playgroup is combat heavy (which I hate) so I am the one who usually
runs Combat Ends. Other option is to run some Thoughts Betrayed, but my
space is limited.

Combat - 34
1x Lessons in the Steel
4x Superior Mettle
4x Soak
4x Telepathic Tracking
5x Indominability
5x Darkness Within
5x Weighted Walking Stick
2x Arms of the Abyss
2x Aura Reading
2x Pulled Fangs

This is still very sketchy but if I add Mathew Romans, I plan on going
the Arms of the Abyss route. Dodge, add. strike with Weighted Walking
Stick but he doesn't get any presses via Fortitude which is why I
really don't think I should be adding any more minions with
Obtenebration. In the orginal list, Darkness Within was the only card
that could not be played by anyone but Bruce de Guy. I do plan on
drawing him in my opening crypt with four copies of him there, maybe
add a fifth just in case.

Not bad, although I'd prefer Telepathic Misdirection over Deflection
myself - you'll need intercept to keep your prey in check.

Noted. And yeah definitely switching Deflections for T. Misdirection.

I hope you get it to work, since I think it's an interesting concept,
but to make this a challenger you may need to work on the details a
bit more.

Thanks for the tips. I like the concept as well, hope to get it
working. Still looking for ways to improve the deck.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 2:16:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

On 20 Mar 2005 16:56:22 -0800, evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:

(SNIP!)

>
>Combat - 34
>1x Lessons in the Steel
>4x Superior Mettle
>4x Soak
>4x Telepathic Tracking
>5x Indominability
>5x Darkness Within
>5x Weighted Walking Stick
>2x Arms of the Abyss
>2x Aura Reading
>2x Pulled Fangs
>
>This is still very sketchy but if I add Mathew Romans, I plan on going
>the Arms of the Abyss route. Dodge, add. strike with Weighted Walking
>Stick but he doesn't get any presses via Fortitude which is why I
>really don't think I should be adding any more minions with
>Obtenebration. In the orginal list, Darkness Within was the only card
>that could not be played by anyone but Bruce de Guy. I do plan on
>drawing him in my opening crypt with four copies of him there, maybe
>add a fifth just in case.
>

I just noted that a few Entombment might be a nice touch, especially
in a combat-heavy environment, which tends to end up with lots of
people running fortitude, and not many S:CE.

Regards,

Patrick
Columbus, OH


Regards,

Patrick
Columbus, OH


History is not written by those who are right
But by those who are left
!