DECK - Ventrue Antitribu AUS/FOR/OBT Combat!

don't know what approach to take. It would include Group 3-4 Ventrue
Antitribu making use of the excellent Brude de Guy as the star vampire.
Focusing on Ecstatic Agony and Crocodile's Tongue to prepare for the
storm while Obtenebration cards like Darkness Within wears them out in
combat. I think there's something to work with, just wondering if it's
enough.

Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap 10 Min Cap 3 Avg. Cap 7.1
4x Bruce de Guy 10 AUS DOM FOR OBT Ventrue-Antitribu:4
1x Owain Evans, The... 8 pre cel AUS DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3
2x Joseph O' Grady 7 aus cel DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3
1x Blackhorse Tanner 7 AUS DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3
1x Charice Fontaigne 6 AUS DOM for pot Ventrue-Antitribu:3
2x Katherine Stoddard 4 dom for Ventrue-Antitribu:3
1x Sister Evelyn 3 aus dom Ventrue-Antitribu:3

Master - 12
5x Blood Doll
1x Demonstration
1x Minion Tap
1x Ventrue Investment
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Society of Leopold
1x Secure Haven

Action - 11
4x Govern the Unaligned
2x Ecstatic Agony
2x Eternal Vigilance
1x Pulse of the Canaille
1x Masochism
1x Sanguine Instruction

Action Modifier - 14
8x Crocodile's Tongue
4x Bonding
2x Freak Drive

Political Action - 1
1x Sabbat Priest

Combat - 32
2x Aura Reading
8x Indominability
3x Superior Mettle
3x Rolling with the Punches
4x Telepathic Tracking
5x Weighted Walking Stick
5x Darkness Within
1x Pulled Fangs
1x Lessons in the Steel
1x Shared Strength

Reaction - 19
5x Forced Awakening
5x Deflection
3x Eagle's Sight
3x Enhanced Senses
3x Spirit's Touch

Allies / Retainers - 1
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
4 answers Last reply
More about deck ventrue antitribu combat

    Black Metamorphosis for Bruce? ;)

    On 20 Mar 2005 02:46:59 -0800, evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:

    >don't know what approach to take. It would include Group 3-4 Ventrue
    >Antitribu making use of the excellent Brude de Guy as the star vampire.
    >Focusing on Ecstatic Agony and Crocodile's Tongue to prepare for the
    >storm while Obtenebration cards like Darkness Within wears them out in
    >combat. I think there's something to work with, just wondering if it's
    >enough.

    Since your deck aims to survive and grab whatever is left in the end
    game, you'll need at least some mens of taking out your first prey, or
    preventing him/her from gaining VPs. Currently, your intercept is not
    up to that joib, and you lack rush. Maybe some Eagle Sight and Nose of
    the Hound?

    Also, you may want to consider what to do about S:CE.

    >Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap 10 Min Cap 3 Avg. Cap 7.1
    >4x Bruce de Guy 10 AUS DOM FOR OBT Ventrue-Antitribu:4
    >1x Owain Evans, The... 8 pre cel AUS DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3
    >2x Joseph O' Grady 7 aus cel DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3
    >1x Blackhorse Tanner 7 AUS DOM FOR Ventrue-Antitribu:3
    >1x Charice Fontaigne 6 AUS DOM for pot Ventrue-Antitribu:3
    >2x Katherine Stoddard 4 dom for Ventrue-Antitribu:3
    >1x Sister Evelyn 3 aus dom Ventrue-Antitribu:3

    I'd get rid of Blackhorse Tanner and Clarice, to be replaced by more
    weenies, or maybe a Lasombra. With only Bruce able to play your
    Obtenebration cards, you're vulnerable to both bad crypt draws and
    handjam.

    >Master - 12
    >5x Blood Doll
    >1x Demonstration
    >1x Minion Tap
    >1x Ventrue Investment
    >2x Dreams of the Sphinx
    >1x Society of Leopold
    >1x Secure Haven

    The Secure Haven should not be necessary, unless you want to contest
    it. Even then, I'd prefer an Arson. Maybe add Fame *2 and Haven
    Uncovered?

    >Action - 11
    >4x Govern the Unaligned
    >2x Ecstatic Agony
    >2x Eternal Vigilance
    >1x Pulse of the Canaille
    >1x Masochism
    >1x Sanguine Instruction

    More Eternal Vigilance! And although Pulse is nice, it's costly and at
    little stealth. Might want to consider just using Conditioning.

    You could also consider Graverobbing.

    >Action Modifier - 14
    >8x Crocodile's Tongue
    >4x Bonding
    >2x Freak Drive

    So, what are you going to do that forces people to block you?
    Crocodile's Tongue is a dead card in your hand if you're going to be
    Deflected instead of blocked.

    >Political Action - 1
    >1x Sabbat Priest
    >
    >Combat - 32
    >2x Aura Reading
    >8x Indominability
    >3x Superior Mettle
    >3x Rolling with the Punches
    >4x Telepathic Tracking
    >5x Weighted Walking Stick
    >5x Darkness Within
    >1x Pulled Fangs
    >1x Lessons in the Steel
    >1x Shared Strength

    IMpressive, but easily ignore by a single Majesty. And how to get into
    combat? You don't have rush at all...

    I'd get rid of some Indomitability for Soak myself, and add more
    Pulled Fangs. Maybe add Trap as well, to go with the Superior Mettle?

    >Reaction - 19
    >5x Forced Awakening
    >5x Deflection
    >3x Eagle's Sight
    >3x Enhanced Senses
    >3x Spirit's Touch

    Not bad, although I'd prefer Telepathic Misdirection over Deflection
    myself - you'll need intercept to keep your prey in check.

    Melange might be a nice adition to the deck.

    >Allies / Retainers - 1
    >1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

    I hope you get it to work, since I think it's an interesting concept,
    but to make this a challenger you may need to work on the details a
    bit more.

    Good luck!

    Regards,

    Patrick
    Columbus, OH

    History is not written by those who are right
    But by those who are left

    I'd get rid of Blackhorse Tanner and Clarice, to be replaced by more
    weenies, or maybe a Lasombra. With only Bruce able to play your
    Obtenebration cards, you're vulnerable to both bad crypt draws and
    handjam.

    Considering this is a Group 3-4 crypt, there's not many options out
    there for use with Bruce de Guy. None of the Lasombra possess Fortitude
    or Auspex, and the deck runs heavy on both so I would be making myself
    even more prone to handjam if I were to add any of them. However,
    there's always Mathhew Romans who has an interesting ability and both
    AUS + OBT possibly replacing Blackhorse Tanner. Other than that, I
    think it's solid but a little too high capacity wise. Used to
    weenie/mid-cap stratgies here.

    The Secure Haven should not be necessary, unless you want to contest
    it. Even then, I'd prefer an Arson. Maybe add Fame *2 and Haven
    Uncovered?

    This was one of the weakest points of the deck. I didn't know how to
    handle the master slots, but I don't think I need to rush Haven
    Uncovered or Fame. It's not that kind of deck. Not with only
    30-something combat cards, but you're right about adding some rush.
    Nose of the Hound is something I considered. But, taking a cue from
    David Cherryholmes' winning deck posted a little earlier, it now looks
    something like this:

    Master - 12
    2x Information Highway
    2x Dreams of the Sphinx
    2x Zillah's Valley
    3x Blood Doll
    1x Society of Leopold
    1x Minion Tap
    1x Demonstration

    More Eternal Vigilance! And although Pulse is nice, it's costly and at
    little stealth. Might want to consider just using Conditioning.

    Yup. More Eternal Vigilance, and dumped the Pulse. Won't bother much
    with Conditioning, because Bruce allows me to bleed for three at +1
    Stealth via Bonding. At no blood cost. Actions look like this. Maybe
    should have kept the Masochism though.

    Action - 14
    4x Govern the Unaligned
    4x Nose of the Hound
    3x Eternal Vigilance
    1x Ecstatic Agony

    So, what are you going to do that forces people to block you?
    Crocodile's Tongue is a dead card in your hand if you're going to be
    Deflected instead of blocked.

    Bleeding for two or four (Bruce & Govern) and/or with the Pulse in
    former decklist was the plan. And nobody wants you to be Eternally
    Vigilant so getting blocked wasen't something I worried about. But I
    agree, Nose of the Hound is good for taking down specific threats and
    gives me another way to unjam my hand. Lowered number of Crocodile's
    Tongue and added another Bonding:

    Action Modifier - 10
    5x Crocodile's Tongue
    5x Bonding

    Impressive, but easily ignore by a single Majesty. And how to get into
    combat? You don't have rush at all...

    Telepathic Tracking is my anti S:CE tech. I only own four though, but
    my playgroup is combat heavy (which I hate) so I am the one who usually
    runs Combat Ends. Other option is to run some Thoughts Betrayed, but my
    space is limited.

    Combat - 34
    1x Lessons in the Steel
    4x Superior Mettle
    4x Soak
    4x Telepathic Tracking
    5x Indominability
    5x Darkness Within
    5x Weighted Walking Stick
    2x Arms of the Abyss
    2x Aura Reading
    2x Pulled Fangs

    This is still very sketchy but if I add Mathew Romans, I plan on going
    the Arms of the Abyss route. Dodge, add. strike with Weighted Walking
    Stick but he doesn't get any presses via Fortitude which is why I
    really don't think I should be adding any more minions with
    Obtenebration. In the orginal list, Darkness Within was the only card
    that could not be played by anyone but Bruce de Guy. I do plan on
    drawing him in my opening crypt with four copies of him there, maybe
    add a fifth just in case.

    Not bad, although I'd prefer Telepathic Misdirection over Deflection
    myself - you'll need intercept to keep your prey in check.

    Noted. And yeah definitely switching Deflections for T. Misdirection.

    I hope you get it to work, since I think it's an interesting concept,
    but to make this a challenger you may need to work on the details a
    bit more.

    Thanks for the tips. I like the concept as well, hope to get it
    working. Still looking for ways to improve the deck.

    On 20 Mar 2005 16:56:22 -0800, evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:

    (SNIP!)

    >Combat - 34
    >1x Lessons in the Steel
    >4x Superior Mettle
    >4x Soak
    >4x Telepathic Tracking
    >5x Indominability
    >5x Darkness Within
    >5x Weighted Walking Stick
    >2x Arms of the Abyss
    >2x Aura Reading
    >2x Pulled Fangs
    >
    >This is still very sketchy but if I add Mathew Romans, I plan on going
    >the Arms of the Abyss route. Dodge, add. strike with Weighted Walking
    >Stick but he doesn't get any presses via Fortitude which is why I
    >really don't think I should be adding any more minions with
    >Obtenebration. In the orginal list, Darkness Within was the only card
    >that could not be played by anyone but Bruce de Guy. I do plan on
    >drawing him in my opening crypt with four copies of him there, maybe
    >add a fifth just in case.

    I just noted that a few Entombment might be a nice touch, especially
    in a combat-heavy environment, which tends to end up with lots of
    people running fortitude, and not many S:CE.

    Regards,

    Patrick
    Columbus, OH

    Regards,

    Patrick
    Columbus, OH

    History is not written by those who are right
    But by those who are left

Video Games