windows messenger startsup

New dell laptop, can't remember how to disable windows messenger from always
starting up. I did remove it from my desktop but forgot how to prevent it
from starting up whenever computer is turned on. thanks for any help.

Jim
3 answers Last reply
More about windows messenger startsup

    "Jim a" <jima102250@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > New dell laptop, can't remember how to disable windows messenger from
    > always starting up. I did remove it from my desktop but forgot how to
    > prevent it from starting up whenever computer is turned on. thanks for
    > any help.
    >
    > Jim

    Try this http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm

    Craig

    microsoft messenger, or the messenger service?

    "Jim a" <jima102250@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > New dell laptop, can't remember how to disable windows messenger from
    > always starting up. I did remove it from my desktop but forgot how to
    > prevent it from starting up whenever computer is turned on. thanks for
    > any help.
    >
    > Jim

    Thanks Craig
    Worked like a charm. no more messenger.

    Jim

    "Craig" <nospam_wanted@on_the_net.com> wrote in message

    > "Jim a" <jima102250@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> New dell laptop, can't remember how to disable windows messenger from
    >> always starting up. I did remove it from my desktop but forgot how to
    >> prevent it from starting up whenever computer is turned on. thanks for
    >> any help.
    >>
    >> Jim
    >>

    > Try this http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm
    >
    > Craig