DECK - Or Maybe the Tremere-Antitribu AUS/THAU/OBT Combat?

I figured it would be easier to achieve with the Tremere-Antitribu.
They have more minions with Obtenebration, and have a more toolboxy
feel to them anyways. So here's another try at giving a little variety
to Taumaturgy Combat.

Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap 10 Min. Cap 3 Av. Cap 6.6
3x Ayelea, The... 10 AUS DOM OBT pre THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
3x Kij Danski 8 AUS DOM obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
2x Elena Mendoza 6 AUS dom obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:3
1x Richard Tauber 4 AUS thau Tremere-Antitribu:2
1x Brooke 3 dom thau Tremere-Antitribu:3
1x Saiz 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
1x Ember Wright 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3

Master - 10
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
2x Zillah's Valley
2x Blood Doll
1x Information Highway
1x Society of Leopold
1x Minion Tap
1x Infernal Pact

Action - 15
5x Govern the Unaligned
3x Eternal Vigilance
5x Nose of the Hound
2x Sanguine Instruction

Action Modifier - 8
5x Crocodile's Tongue
3x Bonding

Political Action - 1
1x Sabbat Priest

Combat - 34
10x Theft of Vitae
8x Apportation
4x Telepathic Tracking
5x Arms of the Abyss
5x Darkness Within
1x Walk of Flame
1x Aura Reading

Allies / Retainers - 1
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Reaction - 19
5x Forced Awakening
5x Telepathic Misdirection
3x Eyes of the Night
3x Enhanced Senses
3x Eagle's Sight

Event - 2
2x Restricted Vitae

evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:

> Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap 10 Min. Cap 3 Av. Cap 6.6
> 3x Ayelea, The... 10 AUS DOM OBT pre THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
> 3x Kij Danski 8 AUS DOM obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
> 2x Elena Mendoza 6 AUS dom obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:3
> 1x Richard Tauber 4 AUS thau Tremere-Antitribu:2
> 1x Brooke 3 dom thau Tremere-Antitribu:3
> 1x Saiz 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
> 1x Ember Wright 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3

Oh, god, your key vampires are fat... You're not really using much
obtenebrate in the first place though (13 cards)... consider adding
more, or azing that angle all together (but then you miss out the sweet
tech below!)

> Master - 10
> 2x Dreams of the Sphinx
> 2x Zillah's Valley

Hmm... with only 10 masters? What's up? Let the dreams be all the
freeness you need, double on the info if needed. Your deck lacks
efficient pool gain to be throwing 5 pool around for a sped up transfer
game.

> 2x Blood Doll

more. You should be thefting like mad and be a full healthy happy
vampire. Or not. Its your meta, not mine.

> 1x Information Highway
> 1x Society of Leopold
> 1x Minion Tap

Again, more.

> 1x Infernal Pact

Ooo. Nice tech! Helps out with your lack of Obt, eh?

Conversely you could always try the redlist method and get some
trophies. That being of discipline and maybe domain (oh an diablerie,
cause that'd be how you eat them).

> Action - 15
> 5x Govern the Unaligned

Maybe more...

> 3x Eternal Vigilance
> 5x Nose of the Hound

Good. If you go the redlist route, which, mind you, I've never tried,
these could be Redlists.

> 2x Sanguine Instruction

I see, but this only works for Ayalea, who you only have three of. Up
her or axe this.

> Action Modifier - 8
> 5x Crocodile's Tongue
> 3x Bonding

Yeah, I still feel conditioning is good, but if you're worried about
that whole getting blocked thing, think about that 2-4 bleed at 1
stealth that you've just created to be bounced. Maybe think Threats.

> Political Action - 1
> 1x Sabbat Priest

> Combat - 34
> 10x Theft of Vitae
> 8x Apportation
> 4x Telepathic Tracking
> 5x Arms of the Abyss
> 5x Darkness Within

This combat package right here is sweet. Who cares about these two
following cards. Work these, baby. Vulnerable to agg, but then, when
aren't mages vulnerable to that stuff?

> 1x Walk of Flame
> 1x Aura Reading
>
> Allies / Retainers - 1
> 1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
>
> Reaction - 19
> 5x Forced Awakening
> 5x Telepathic Misdirection
> 3x Eyes of the Night
> 3x Enhanced Senses
> 3x Eagle's Sight

Some token intercept. Good for surprises, but I'd kill a few of these
and add some intercept locations, like WMRH or KRCG

> Event - 2
> 2x Restricted Vitae

Fun, but only in a limited way. Who cares if they hunt? You block them
right? Let them do so. So axe these for some more masters.

Could be a fun deck. Good luck with your darkness within (DW) arms of
the abyss theft of vitae combat package (press). Not however... if they
SCE and your TTtrack, no blood move of DW for you.

evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:
version,
> I figured it would be easier to achieve with the Tremere-Antitribu.
> They have more minions with Obtenebration, and have a more toolboxy
> feel to them anyways. So here's another try at giving a little
variety
> to Thaumaturgy Combat.

Sign me up!

> Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap 10 Min. Cap 3 Av. Cap 6.6
> 3x Ayelea, The... 10 AUS DOM OBT pre THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
> 3x Kij Danski 8 AUS DOM obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
> 2x Elena Mendoza 6 AUS dom obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:3
> 1x Richard Tauber 4 AUS thau Tremere-Antitribu:2
> 1x Brooke 3 dom thau Tremere-Antitribu:3
> 1x Saiz 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
> 1x Ember Wright 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3

Ian Forestal is not as useful as Kij Danski but he has a place in this
crypt. Otherwise I like it.

> Master - 10
> 2x Dreams of the Sphinx
> 2x Zillah's Valley
> 2x Blood Doll
> 1x Information Highway
> 1x Society of Leopold
> 1x Minion Tap
> 1x Infernal Pact

Yes you certainly should fit in another few masters, at least Blood
Dolls. Since you are stealing a lot of blood you can have a BD on each
minion and keep stealing :)

> Action - 15
> 5x Govern the Unaligned
> 3x Eternal Vigilance
> 5x Nose of the Hound
> 2x Sanguine Instruction

Rutor's Hand and Black Metamorphosis, if you have any.

> Action Modifier - 8
> 5x Crocodile's Tongue
> 3x Bonding

There are bleed modifiers besides Conditioning? ;)
You could find it in your heart to slip in a little bit extra stealth
for those actions above, or maybe just more bleed.

> Political Action - 1
> 1x Sabbat Priest
>
> Combat - 34
> 10x Theft of Vitae
> 8x Apportation
> 4x Telepathic Tracking
> 5x Arms of the Abyss
> 5x Darkness Within
> 1x Walk of Flame
> 1x Aura Reading

With all those Apportations and Telepathic Tracking, you need to
squeeze in 1-2 Ahriman's Demesne - perhaps in place of the Walk of
Flame and Aura Reading. Other than that I think it is a good combat
package to start with.

> Allies / Retainers - 1
> 1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
>
> Reaction - 19
> 5x Forced Awakening
> 5x Telepathic Misdirection
> 3x Eyes of the Night
> 3x Enhanced Senses
> 3x Eagle's Sight

Just because you are using does not mean you have to use Eyes of the
Night. Looking at the AUS in your crypt you are better off playing
Spirit's Touch. Considering that your weenies have inferior Auspex you
might want to consider adding 1 or 2 Deflection for them.

> Event - 2
> 2x Restricted Vitae

Cool ^_^

I happen to like the deck quite a bit. Good luck with it!

Dorrinal Blackmantle
Chronicler of Clan Tremere

Darky

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004

evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote in message news:<1111399609.163813.30290@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
> I figured it would be easier to achieve with the Tremere-Antitribu.
> They have more minions with Obtenebration, and have a more toolboxy
> feel to them anyways. So here's another try at giving a little variety
> to Taumaturgy Combat.
>
> Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap 10 Min. Cap 3 Av. Cap 6.6
> 3x Ayelea, The... 10 AUS DOM OBT pre THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
> 3x Kij Danski 8 AUS DOM obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
> 2x Elena Mendoza 6 AUS dom obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:3
> 1x Richard Tauber 4 AUS thau Tremere-Antitribu:2
> 1x Brooke 3 dom thau Tremere-Antitribu:3
> 1x Saiz 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
> 1x Ember Wright 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
>
> Master - 10
> 2x Dreams of the Sphinx
> 2x Zillah's Valley
> 2x Blood Doll
> 1x Information Highway
> 1x Society of Leopold
> 1x Minion Tap
> 1x Infernal Pact

Hmm, your minions are fat, and your bloodgain minimal at best. Also 10
masters is just too few. Masters are probably the cardtype with the
highest card-effect ratio, and you should go for 16 at the very least
in a deck like this.

> Action - 15
> 5x Govern the Unaligned
> 3x Eternal Vigilance
> 5x Nose of the Hound
> 2x Sanguine Instruction

I'd axe all the noses. Your combat doesn't warrant 5 rushes. Sanguine
is fun, but also not worth it. More governs are useful with your
crypt.

> Action Modifier - 8
> 5x Crocodile's Tongue
> 3x Bonding

There isn't that much worth blocking from you, at this point in your
deck.
I'd make this 4 conditionings, 4 shadow play or something similar.

> Political Action - 1
> 1x Sabbat Priest

Not worth it. I'd play 2-4 KRCs instead. You can usually negotiate
them through if you dont have votelock, and when there's no other
voters around (not -that- rare, especially in the endgame) they are
great.

> Combat - 34
> 10x Theft of Vitae
> 8x Apportation
> 4x Telepathic Tracking
> 5x Arms of the Abyss
> 5x Darkness Within
> 1x Walk of Flame
> 1x Aura Reading

Looks decent, I guess.

> Allies / Retainers - 1
> 1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
>
> Reaction - 19
> 5x Forced Awakening
> 5x Telepathic Misdirection
> 3x Eyes of the Night
> 3x Enhanced Senses
> 3x Eagle's Sight

These are too few wakes for your intercept/etc. Eternal vigilance is
absolutely great, but you shouldn't compromise the amount of wakes you
play for that. If you do get your vigilance, you can still wake with
that vampire, making 'excess' wakes still worthwhile. If you don't
play enough wakes, and count on your EV, and you don't get it, you're
screwed. Better err on the side of caution here, imo.

> Event - 2
> 2x Restricted Vitae

Not worth it.

For some reason, the 2003 tournaments at Gen Con So Cal never got
reported. I won one of them with a similar deck. It was much less
fight and a lot more bleed however. Obt goes really well with these
guys. (I haven't touched this deck since, I'm thinking about updating
it with BH/Gehenna/KMW cards, so I'll be paying attention here too.)
Here it is:

Deck Name: Obt Tremere
Created By: Ron
Comments: This really seemed like a good idea. Perfect Clarity was a
complete waste, however. I didn't use a single one the entire
tournament. Of course, I never had a target with dominate either. All
three rounds, I wound up with Ayelea and Elena in my opening draw, so
they really ran the show. All things considered, I had great luck.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 22, Max: 36, Avg: 7.08)
2 Ayelea AUS DOM OBT pre THA 10, Tremere Antitribu,
Cardinal
1 Bryan Van Duesen aus DOM pre THA 7, Tremere Antitribu
2 Elena Mendoza Vasquez dom obt AUS THA 6, Tremere Antitribu
1 Hannigan AUS dom THA 5, Tremere Antitribu
1 Ian Forestal AUS DOM THA 8, Tremere Antitribu
2 Kij Dansky AUS DOM obt THA 8, Tremere Antitribu,
Priscus
1 Kurt Strauss aus DOM tha 5, Tremere Antitribu
1 Quira, the Bitch Queen AUS OBF obt tha 6, Malkavian Antitribu
1 Reverend Blackwood DOM obf THA 6, Tremere Antitribu,
Bishop

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (15 cards)
2 Anarch Troublemaker
5 Blood Doll
1 Direct Intervention
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Infernal Pact
4 Obtenebration
1 University Hunting Ground

Action (11 cards)
10 Govern the Unaligned
1 Rutor's Hand

Action Modifier (28 cards)
1 Blanket of Night
4 Bonding
4 Conditioning
4 Perfect Clarity
5 Seduction
5 Shadow Play
1 Shroud of Absence
4 Shroud of Night

Reaction (16 cards)
7 Deflection
3 Enhanced Senses
6 Wake with Evening's Freshness

Combat (20 cards)
6 Apportation
2 Arms of the Abyss
10 Theft of Vitae
2 Wind Dance

How's this:

Crypt:12 Vampires Max Cap. 10 Min Cap. 3 Avg Cap. 6
2x Ayelea 10 AUS DOM THAU OBT Tremere-Antitribu:2
2x Kij Danski 8 AUS DOM THAU obt Tremere-Antitribu:2
2x Elena 6 AUS dom obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:3
2x Quira 6 AUS OBF obt thau Malkavian-Antitribu:2
1x Richard 4 AUS thau Tremere-Antitribu:2
1x Martin 3 AUS thau Tremere:3
1x Ember 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
1x Saiz 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3

Master - 14