DECK - Or Maybe the Tremere-Antitribu AUS/THAU/OBT Combat?

I figured it would be easier to achieve with the Tremere-Antitribu.
They have more minions with Obtenebration, and have a more toolboxy
feel to them anyways. So here's another try at giving a little variety
to Taumaturgy Combat.

Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap 10 Min. Cap 3 Av. Cap 6.6
3x Ayelea, The... 10 AUS DOM OBT pre THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
3x Kij Danski 8 AUS DOM obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
2x Elena Mendoza 6 AUS dom obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:3
1x Richard Tauber 4 AUS thau Tremere-Antitribu:2
1x Brooke 3 dom thau Tremere-Antitribu:3
1x Saiz 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
1x Ember Wright 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3

Master - 10
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
2x Zillah's Valley
2x Blood Doll
1x Information Highway
1x Society of Leopold
1x Minion Tap
1x Infernal Pact

Action - 15
5x Govern the Unaligned
3x Eternal Vigilance
5x Nose of the Hound
2x Sanguine Instruction

Action Modifier - 8
5x Crocodile's Tongue
3x Bonding

Political Action - 1
1x Sabbat Priest

Combat - 34
10x Theft of Vitae
8x Apportation
4x Telepathic Tracking
5x Arms of the Abyss
5x Darkness Within
1x Walk of Flame
1x Aura Reading

Allies / Retainers - 1
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Reaction - 19
5x Forced Awakening
5x Telepathic Misdirection
3x Eyes of the Night
3x Enhanced Senses
3x Eagle's Sight

Event - 2
2x Restricted Vitae
5 answers Last reply
More about deck tremere antitribu thau combat

    evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap 10 Min. Cap 3 Av. Cap 6.6
    > 3x Ayelea, The... 10 AUS DOM OBT pre THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
    > 3x Kij Danski 8 AUS DOM obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
    > 2x Elena Mendoza 6 AUS dom obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:3
    > 1x Richard Tauber 4 AUS thau Tremere-Antitribu:2
    > 1x Brooke 3 dom thau Tremere-Antitribu:3
    > 1x Saiz 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
    > 1x Ember Wright 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3

    Oh, god, your key vampires are fat... You're not really using much
    obtenebrate in the first place though (13 cards)... consider adding
    more, or azing that angle all together (but then you miss out the sweet
    tech below!)

    > Master - 10
    > 2x Dreams of the Sphinx
    > 2x Zillah's Valley

    Hmm... with only 10 masters? What's up? Let the dreams be all the
    freeness you need, double on the info if needed. Your deck lacks
    efficient pool gain to be throwing 5 pool around for a sped up transfer
    game.

    > 2x Blood Doll

    more. You should be thefting like mad and be a full healthy happy
    vampire. Or not. Its your meta, not mine.

    > 1x Information Highway
    > 1x Society of Leopold
    > 1x Minion Tap

    Again, more.

    > 1x Infernal Pact

    Ooo. Nice tech! Helps out with your lack of Obt, eh?

    Conversely you could always try the redlist method and get some
    trophies. That being of discipline and maybe domain (oh an diablerie,
    cause that'd be how you eat them).

    > Action - 15
    > 5x Govern the Unaligned

    Maybe more...

    > 3x Eternal Vigilance
    > 5x Nose of the Hound

    Good. If you go the redlist route, which, mind you, I've never tried,
    these could be Redlists.

    > 2x Sanguine Instruction

    I see, but this only works for Ayalea, who you only have three of. Up
    her or axe this.

    > Action Modifier - 8
    > 5x Crocodile's Tongue
    > 3x Bonding

    Yeah, I still feel conditioning is good, but if you're worried about
    that whole getting blocked thing, think about that 2-4 bleed at 1
    stealth that you've just created to be bounced. Maybe think Threats.

    > Political Action - 1
    > 1x Sabbat Priest

    > Combat - 34
    > 10x Theft of Vitae
    > 8x Apportation
    > 4x Telepathic Tracking
    > 5x Arms of the Abyss
    > 5x Darkness Within

    This combat package right here is sweet. Who cares about these two
    following cards. Work these, baby. Vulnerable to agg, but then, when
    aren't mages vulnerable to that stuff?

    > 1x Walk of Flame
    > 1x Aura Reading
    >
    > Allies / Retainers - 1
    > 1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
    >
    > Reaction - 19
    > 5x Forced Awakening
    > 5x Telepathic Misdirection
    > 3x Eyes of the Night
    > 3x Enhanced Senses
    > 3x Eagle's Sight

    Some token intercept. Good for surprises, but I'd kill a few of these
    and add some intercept locations, like WMRH or KRCG

    > Event - 2
    > 2x Restricted Vitae

    Fun, but only in a limited way. Who cares if they hunt? You block them
    right? Let them do so. So axe these for some more masters.

    Could be a fun deck. Good luck with your darkness within (DW) arms of
    the abyss theft of vitae combat package (press). Not however... if they
    SCE and your TTtrack, no blood move of DW for you.

    evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:
    version,
    > I figured it would be easier to achieve with the Tremere-Antitribu.
    > They have more minions with Obtenebration, and have a more toolboxy
    > feel to them anyways. So here's another try at giving a little
    variety
    > to Thaumaturgy Combat.

    Sign me up!

    > Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap 10 Min. Cap 3 Av. Cap 6.6
    > 3x Ayelea, The... 10 AUS DOM OBT pre THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
    > 3x Kij Danski 8 AUS DOM obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
    > 2x Elena Mendoza 6 AUS dom obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:3
    > 1x Richard Tauber 4 AUS thau Tremere-Antitribu:2
    > 1x Brooke 3 dom thau Tremere-Antitribu:3
    > 1x Saiz 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
    > 1x Ember Wright 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3

    Ian Forestal is not as useful as Kij Danski but he has a place in this
    crypt. Otherwise I like it.

    > Master - 10
    > 2x Dreams of the Sphinx
    > 2x Zillah's Valley
    > 2x Blood Doll
    > 1x Information Highway
    > 1x Society of Leopold
    > 1x Minion Tap
    > 1x Infernal Pact

    Yes you certainly should fit in another few masters, at least Blood
    Dolls. Since you are stealing a lot of blood you can have a BD on each
    minion and keep stealing :)

    > Action - 15
    > 5x Govern the Unaligned
    > 3x Eternal Vigilance
    > 5x Nose of the Hound
    > 2x Sanguine Instruction

    Rutor's Hand and Black Metamorphosis, if you have any.

    > Action Modifier - 8
    > 5x Crocodile's Tongue
    > 3x Bonding

    There are bleed modifiers besides Conditioning? ;)
    You could find it in your heart to slip in a little bit extra stealth
    for those actions above, or maybe just more bleed.

    > Political Action - 1
    > 1x Sabbat Priest
    >
    > Combat - 34
    > 10x Theft of Vitae
    > 8x Apportation
    > 4x Telepathic Tracking
    > 5x Arms of the Abyss
    > 5x Darkness Within
    > 1x Walk of Flame
    > 1x Aura Reading

    With all those Apportations and Telepathic Tracking, you need to
    squeeze in 1-2 Ahriman's Demesne - perhaps in place of the Walk of
    Flame and Aura Reading. Other than that I think it is a good combat
    package to start with.

    > Allies / Retainers - 1
    > 1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
    >
    > Reaction - 19
    > 5x Forced Awakening
    > 5x Telepathic Misdirection
    > 3x Eyes of the Night
    > 3x Enhanced Senses
    > 3x Eagle's Sight

    Just because you are using does not mean you have to use Eyes of the
    Night. Looking at the AUS in your crypt you are better off playing
    Spirit's Touch. Considering that your weenies have inferior Auspex you
    might want to consider adding 1 or 2 Deflection for them.

    > Event - 2
    > 2x Restricted Vitae

    Cool ^_^

    I happen to like the deck quite a bit. Good luck with it!

    Dorrinal Blackmantle
    Chronicler of Clan Tremere

    evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote in message news:<1111399609.163813.30290@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
    > I figured it would be easier to achieve with the Tremere-Antitribu.
    > They have more minions with Obtenebration, and have a more toolboxy
    > feel to them anyways. So here's another try at giving a little variety
    > to Taumaturgy Combat.
    >
    > Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap 10 Min. Cap 3 Av. Cap 6.6
    > 3x Ayelea, The... 10 AUS DOM OBT pre THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
    > 3x Kij Danski 8 AUS DOM obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:2
    > 2x Elena Mendoza 6 AUS dom obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:3
    > 1x Richard Tauber 4 AUS thau Tremere-Antitribu:2
    > 1x Brooke 3 dom thau Tremere-Antitribu:3
    > 1x Saiz 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
    > 1x Ember Wright 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
    >
    > Master - 10
    > 2x Dreams of the Sphinx
    > 2x Zillah's Valley
    > 2x Blood Doll
    > 1x Information Highway
    > 1x Society of Leopold
    > 1x Minion Tap
    > 1x Infernal Pact

    Hmm, your minions are fat, and your bloodgain minimal at best. Also 10
    masters is just too few. Masters are probably the cardtype with the
    highest card-effect ratio, and you should go for 16 at the very least
    in a deck like this.

    > Action - 15
    > 5x Govern the Unaligned
    > 3x Eternal Vigilance
    > 5x Nose of the Hound
    > 2x Sanguine Instruction

    I'd axe all the noses. Your combat doesn't warrant 5 rushes. Sanguine
    is fun, but also not worth it. More governs are useful with your
    crypt.

    > Action Modifier - 8
    > 5x Crocodile's Tongue
    > 3x Bonding

    There isn't that much worth blocking from you, at this point in your
    deck.
    I'd make this 4 conditionings, 4 shadow play or something similar.

    > Political Action - 1
    > 1x Sabbat Priest

    Not worth it. I'd play 2-4 KRCs instead. You can usually negotiate
    them through if you dont have votelock, and when there's no other
    voters around (not -that- rare, especially in the endgame) they are
    great.

    > Combat - 34
    > 10x Theft of Vitae
    > 8x Apportation
    > 4x Telepathic Tracking
    > 5x Arms of the Abyss
    > 5x Darkness Within
    > 1x Walk of Flame
    > 1x Aura Reading

    Looks decent, I guess.

    > Allies / Retainers - 1
    > 1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)
    >
    > Reaction - 19
    > 5x Forced Awakening
    > 5x Telepathic Misdirection
    > 3x Eyes of the Night
    > 3x Enhanced Senses
    > 3x Eagle's Sight

    These are too few wakes for your intercept/etc. Eternal vigilance is
    absolutely great, but you shouldn't compromise the amount of wakes you
    play for that. If you do get your vigilance, you can still wake with
    that vampire, making 'excess' wakes still worthwhile. If you don't
    play enough wakes, and count on your EV, and you don't get it, you're
    screwed. Better err on the side of caution here, imo.

    > Event - 2
    > 2x Restricted Vitae

    Not worth it.

    For some reason, the 2003 tournaments at Gen Con So Cal never got
    reported. I won one of them with a similar deck. It was much less
    fight and a lot more bleed however. Obt goes really well with these
    guys. (I haven't touched this deck since, I'm thinking about updating
    it with BH/Gehenna/KMW cards, so I'll be paying attention here too.)
    Here it is:

    Deck Name: Obt Tremere
    Created By: Ron
    Comments: This really seemed like a good idea. Perfect Clarity was a
    complete waste, however. I didn't use a single one the entire
    tournament. Of course, I never had a target with dominate either. All
    three rounds, I wound up with Ayelea and Elena in my opening draw, so
    they really ran the show. All things considered, I had great luck.

    Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 22, Max: 36, Avg: 7.08)
    2 Ayelea AUS DOM OBT pre THA 10, Tremere Antitribu,
    Cardinal
    1 Bryan Van Duesen aus DOM pre THA 7, Tremere Antitribu
    2 Elena Mendoza Vasquez dom obt AUS THA 6, Tremere Antitribu
    1 Hannigan AUS dom THA 5, Tremere Antitribu
    1 Ian Forestal AUS DOM THA 8, Tremere Antitribu
    2 Kij Dansky AUS DOM obt THA 8, Tremere Antitribu,
    Priscus
    1 Kurt Strauss aus DOM tha 5, Tremere Antitribu
    1 Quira, the Bitch Queen AUS OBF obt tha 6, Malkavian Antitribu
    1 Reverend Blackwood DOM obf THA 6, Tremere Antitribu,
    Bishop

    Library: (90 cards)
    -------------------
    Master (15 cards)
    2 Anarch Troublemaker
    5 Blood Doll
    1 Direct Intervention
    1 Dreams of the Sphinx
    1 Infernal Pact
    4 Obtenebration
    1 University Hunting Ground

    Action (11 cards)
    10 Govern the Unaligned
    1 Rutor's Hand

    Action Modifier (28 cards)
    1 Blanket of Night
    4 Bonding
    4 Conditioning
    4 Perfect Clarity
    5 Seduction
    5 Shadow Play
    1 Shroud of Absence
    4 Shroud of Night

    Reaction (16 cards)
    7 Deflection
    3 Enhanced Senses
    6 Wake with Evening's Freshness

    Combat (20 cards)
    6 Apportation
    2 Arms of the Abyss
    10 Theft of Vitae
    2 Wind Dance

    How's this:

    Crypt:12 Vampires Max Cap. 10 Min Cap. 3 Avg Cap. 6
    2x Ayelea 10 AUS DOM THAU OBT Tremere-Antitribu:2
    2x Kij Danski 8 AUS DOM THAU obt Tremere-Antitribu:2
    2x Elena 6 AUS dom obt THAU Tremere-Antitribu:3
    2x Quira 6 AUS OBF obt thau Malkavian-Antitribu:2
    1x Richard 4 AUS thau Tremere-Antitribu:2
    1x Martin 3 AUS thau Tremere:3
    1x Ember 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
    1x Saiz 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3

    Master - 14