[Deck ] Bakija-Cherryholmes Anarchs

Deck Name : Bakija-Cherryholmes Anarchs
Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
Description :
Pot/For Anarch deck

Crypt [10 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 6 average: 4

1x Zack North 6 ani for pot pro Gangrel:1
1x Barry 5 ani for pot san vic Blood Bro:2
1x Jerry 5 SAN cel for pot Blood Bro:2
1x Larry 5 SAN dem for pot Blood Bro:2
1x Vincent Day, Palad 5 aus dom for pot tha !Ventrue:2
1x Vittorio Giovanni 5 dom for nec pot Giovanni:2
1x Jimmy Dunn 4 CEL POT for Pander:2
1x Tom 3 for pot san Blood Bro:2
1x Hasina Kesi 1 pot Caitiff:1
1x Uriah Winter 1 for pot Caitiff:1

Library [90 cards]

Action [14]
8x Computer Hacking
5x Smash and Grab
1x Status Perfectus, The

Action Modifier [3]
3x Change of Target

Combat [37]
3x Disarm
16x Diversion
5x Immortal Grapple
6x Pulled Fangs
7x Pushing the Limit

Event [1]
1x Dragonbound

Master [23]
1x Animalism
4x Blood Doll
1x Celerity
1x Dementation
1x Fame
8x Galaric's Legacy
1x Kingston Penitentiary, Ontario
1x Path of Death and the Soul
1x Path of Lilith, The
1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
1x Seattle Committee
1x Strained Vitae Supply
1x Vampiric Disease

Reaction [12]
3x Deflection
6x Mole, The
3x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Mon Mar 21 08:51:27 2005]

XZealot wrote:
> Deck Name : Bakija-Cherryholmes Anarchs
> Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
> Description :
> Pot/For Anarch deck

My big concern: What exactly do you do to thwart your predator?

I can see how the deck would be pretty good at bruise+bleed, and
there's some very nice blood-denial in it; but with no intercept
(unless you get one of your two [cel] minions in play) 3 bounce cards,
and no rush, even a casual-stealth predator should roll right over you.
Especially since your pool-gain is limited to 4 Blood Dolls.

For instance, you're basically dead meat to any sort of vote-deck
predator because the deck can't block the votes, can't outvote
him/cancel the votes, and probably can't regain pool fast enough (aside
from hoping to oust) to stop it.

You've got a stack of Fortitude minions - why not include a few Friend
of Mines for bleed reduction? I'd also think about sticking a couple of
permanent intercept cards in the deck - either swap out something like
Vampiric Disease for an Anarch Free Press, or drop a couple of Moles
for Sport Bikes, maybe.

Of course, my points are somewhat moot if you think you can swarm
forward fast enough to pull off 'almost no defense', but I'm not sure
that a deck hoping to get blocked to disarm/pull fangs/etc is quite
that speedy.

-John Flournoy

John wrote:
>My big concern: What exactly do you do to thwart your predator?

I think his best plan is that his predator and prey get into an endless
debate about something insignificant, and during the ensuing melee, he
sneaks through a win...

(i.e. I think this deck is mostly comedy material)

-Peter

David wrote:
>Ya know Norm, this deck deserves a haiku.

The endless debate.
Bakija and Cherryholmes.
Oh, when will they learn.

:)

-Peter

XZealot wrote:
> Deck Name : Bakija-Cherryholmes Anarchs

Oh, you're a riot, man. But hey, get down with your Uriah self.

I guess that makes one in the "coming out of the woodwork" column.

:)

--

David Cherryholmes
david.cherryholmes@gmail.com

"OK. So be it. It's not my view, but whatever makes you
happy, right? I'm all about making you happy, Dave. :)"

-- LSJ, V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.

David wrote:
>I guess that makes one in the "coming out of the woodwork" column.

I dunno man, until he has 2 Jimmy Dunn in there, he's got nothing.

:)

-Peter

"John Flournoy" <carneggy@gmail.com> wrote in message

> XZealot wrote:
>> Deck Name : Bakija-Cherryholmes Anarchs
>> Author : Norman S. Brown Jr
>> Description :
>> Pot/For Anarch deck
>
> My big concern: What exactly do you do to thwart your predator?

You only influence out 3 minions tops. That is at most 16 pool or at
minimum 5 pool.

> I can see how the deck would be pretty good at bruise+bleed, and
> there's some very nice blood-denial in it; but with no intercept
> (unless you get one of your two [cel] minions in play) 3 bounce cards,
> and no rush, even a casual-stealth predator should roll right over you.
> Especially since your pool-gain is limited to 4 Blood Dolls.

Actually with 1x Kingston Penitentiary, Ontario, Strained Vitae Supply,
Vampiric Disease, and Pulled Fangs you will have players paying you pool to
use the Kingston Penitentiary instead of hunting.

> For instance, you're basically dead meat to any sort of vote-deck
> predator because the deck can't block the votes, can't outvote
> him/cancel the votes, and probably can't regain pool fast enough (aside
> from hoping to oust) to stop it.

We all have our weaknesses. I honestly wouldn't transfer out more than 2-3
minions with this deck without knowing what my predator was doing.

> You've got a stack of Fortitude minions - why not include a few Friend
> of Mines for bleed reduction? I'd also think about sticking a couple of
> permanent intercept cards in the deck - either swap out something like
> Vampiric Disease for an Anarch Free Press, or drop a couple of Moles
> for Sport Bikes, maybe.

Vampiric Disease is a pool gainer. :)

> Of course, my points are somewhat moot if you think you can swarm
> forward fast enough to pull off 'almost no defense', but I'm not sure
> that a deck hoping to get blocked to disarm/pull fangs/etc is quite
> that speedy.

You only have to do it once and no one blocks you anymore. :)

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

pdb6@lightlink.com wrote:

> I think his best plan is that his predator and prey get into an endless
> debate about something insignificant, and during the ensuing melee, he
> sneaks through a win...

That's how I get all my wins. Well, that and a well timed "Look, it's
Elvis!"

> (i.e. I think this deck is mostly comedy material)

No no, I know Norm, and he's deadly serious.

"David Cherryholmes" <david.cherryholmes@duke.edu> wrote in message
> pdb6@lightlink.com wrote:
>
>> I think his best plan is that his predator and prey get into an endless
>> debate about something insignificant, and during the ensuing melee, he
>> sneaks through a win...
>
> That's how I get all my wins. Well, that and a well timed "Look, it's
> Elvis!"
>
>> (i.e. I think this deck is mostly comedy material)
>
> No no, I know Norm, and he's deadly serious.
>
> Ya know Norm, this deck deserves a haiku.

God-like Uriah
Or Winter monkey vomit
You make your own choice

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

XZealot wrote:

> God-like Uriah
> Or Winter monkey vomit
> You make your own choice

Man, you are solid. LMAO!

--

> XZealot wrote:
>
>> God-like Uriah
>> Or Winter monkey vomit
>> You make your own choice
>
> Man, you are solid. LMAO!

Does that mean you are coming to the once-in-a-lifetime Lafayette, LA
qualifier?

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

XZealot wrote:

> Does that mean you are coming to the once-in-a-lifetime Lafayette, LA
> qualifier?

Uhm, no. Cause I'm lame like that. We're still homies though, right?

--

> XZealot wrote:
>
>> Does that mean you are coming to the once-in-a-lifetime Lafayette, LA
>> qualifier?
>
> Uhm, no. Cause I'm lame like that. We're still homies though, right?

You just don't care anymore. :(

Only $242 from RDU to LFT roundtrip.

Free Whiskey, all you want.

....and we're still homies if you don't make it. :)

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

"XZealot" <x_zealot@brucefoodsla.com> wrote in message
> Deck Name : Bakija-Cherryholmes Anarchs
> Master [23]
> 1x Animalism
> 4x Blood Doll
> 1x Celerity
> 1x Dementation
> 1x Fame
> 8x Galaric's Legacy
> 1x Kingston Penitentiary, Ontario
> 1x Path of Death and the Soul
> 1x Path of Lilith, The
> 1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
> 1x Seattle Committee
> 1x Strained Vitae Supply
> 1x Vampiric Disease

???

No Direct Intervention? No Dreams of the Sphinx?

*shrug* Must be another Cherryholmes.

Fred

Frederick Scott wrote:

> No Direct Intervention? No Dreams of the Sphinx?
>
> *shrug* Must be another Cherryholmes.

I think the point was to make a deck with Uriah, as you probably know.
And anyway, just because I'll argue at length that something is strong
doesn't mean I'm particularly interested in playing with it. I mean, if
he wanted to make it a "Cherryholmes deck", he blew it when he included
4 Blood Dolls. ;)

--

David Cherryholmes
david.cherryholmes@gmail.com

"OK. So be it. It's not my view, but whatever makes you
happy, right? I'm all about making you happy, Dave. :)"

-- LSJ, V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.

orpheus

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005

>> (i.e. I think this deck is mostly comedy material)
>

> No no, I know Norm, and he's deadly serious.

In this case, everyone is of course aware that a 10-vamps crypt is illegal ?

Or is it on purpose to add 1 Cherryholmes and 1 Bajika ? B)

------------
Orpheus

David Cherryholmes wrote:
> Frederick Scott wrote:
>
> > No Direct Intervention? No Dreams of the Sphinx?
> >
> > *shrug* Must be another Cherryholmes.
>
> I think the point was to make a deck with Uriah, as you probably
know.
> And anyway, just because I'll argue at length that something is
strong
> doesn't mean I'm particularly interested in playing with it. I mean,
if
> he wanted to make it a "Cherryholmes deck", he blew it when he
included
> 4 Blood Dolls. ;)

well all know a deck MUST have 4 or more blood dools to be competative,
remember?

there's no debating that. it's that Strong Blood Doll principle.

(the Weak Blood Doll principle can be found through searching the
group, i am sure, if you're keen.... :D )

salem.

David Cherryholmes a écrit :
> Frederick Scott wrote:
>
>> No Direct Intervention? No Dreams of the Sphinx?
>>
>> *shrug* Must be another Cherryholmes.
>

> I think the point was to make a deck with Uriah, as you probably know.
> And anyway, just because I'll argue at length that something is strong
> doesn't mean I'm particularly interested in playing with it. I mean, if
> he wanted to make it a "Cherryholmes deck", he blew it when he included
> 4 Blood Dolls. ;)

nice catch :)

but i thought Uriah's advocate was Noal Mc Donald ?

reyda wrote:

> but i thought Uriah's advocate was Noal Mc Donald ?

I thought everyone read every thread very closely all the time, even the
endless, pointless arguments between me and Dave--otherwise, what is the
point of the in jokes...

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6