a couple of protean questions

Claws of the Dead/Wolf Claws ..etc. Do I have to play these before my
opponents strike so that they have a chance to dodge? Or can I play
then after both strikes are declared?

Shadow of the Wolf. Do both of my strikes get the +1 damage or just the
additional strike?

Flesh of Marble. Do I have to take 1 point of damage in order for the
rest to be prevented or can I prevent the 1 point with something else?
For example say I take 3 agg and use superior flesh of marble in
effect, do I still take the 1 agg and go to torpor or can I use like a
flak jacket to prevent that 1 agg?

Thanks in advance.

On 22 Mar 2005 14:31:37 -0800, "whoolly" <whoolly@gmail.com> wrote:

>Claws of the Dead/Wolf Claws ..etc. Do I have to play these before my
>opponents strike so that they have a chance to dodge? Or can I play
>then after both strikes are declared?

You can play them after strikes have been declared, before it is
resolved.

http://www.thelasombra.com/vtes_faq.htm#c3s8

>Shadow of the Wolf. Do both of my strikes get the +1 damage or just the
>additional strike?

Just the additional strike.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=rulings

>Flesh of Marble. Do I have to take 1 point of damage in order for the
>rest to be prevented or can I prevent the 1 point with something else?
>For example say I take 3 agg and use superior flesh of marble in
>effect, do I still take the 1 agg and go to torpor or can I use like a
>flak jacket to prevent that 1 agg?

IANLSJ. The inferior is listed below. The rulings page above says
Flesh of Marble: Prevents all damage *that was not prevented* in
excess of one point. [RTR 19950209] (Note, the hyperlink provided to a
further ruling is broken).

Seems pretty clear that you need to take 1 point to have Flesh prevent
the remainder.

[pro] For the duration of the combat, when this vampire suffers a
point of damage (that he or she does not prevent) in a given round,
any additional damage inflicted on this vampire in the same round is
automatically prevented. Aggravated damage cannot be prevented in this
way.

Morgan Vening