This Deck needs some work... so i'm asking for advice.

Deck Name: Beast and the boys visits the neighborhood.
Strategy (yeah right...): Rush and rush again.
How it work's: Not so well, the combat is very good but ousting seems
to be a problem. When my prey and Predator has been rushed to bits but
before the first my oust, the whole table gangs up on us poor anarchs.
No gamewins and seldom victorypoints but it's a blast to play.

Crypt
5x Beast !Nos: POT OBF ani cel, Strength +1, built-in Rush, no
ret/act.
3x Theo Bell Bru: POT dom pre cel, built-in rush.
2x Theo Adv Bru: POT dom PRE CEL aus, Strength +1, ref to burn.
2x Jeremy Adv Bru: POT PRE AUS chi cel, built-in rush
(prey/predator).

Masters: 24
3x Blood Dolls
7x Galarics Legacy
7x Fortitude
2x Guardian angel
1x Depravity
1x Carver's meat packing & storage
1x Tension in the ranks
1x Fame
1x Powerbase: Los Angeles

Combat:62
21x Diversion
3x Improvised Tactics (change to Earthshock - ranged Strength ?)
10x Immortal Grapple
7x Flash
6x Torn Signpost
6x Undead Strength
5x Taste of vitae
4x Disarm

Action mods: 4
4x Conditioning

I may try adding 2 more Conditioning and 3 Forced March later.

How shall i improve the deck/strategy to actually win with this deck?

/vasilis

> How shall i improve the deck/strategy to actually win with this deck?

I think anybody who loves combat has played a permarush deck like this.
Mine had 3x Beast and 3x Theo (Basic version) - I originally had
Jeremy in there as well but ditched him. The other 6 vampires were
small(ish) vamps who bled forward or rushed a bit as well. I think
your main problem is that at best you can have 3 vamps out - that's all
you play, and generally you'll only have 2. With no ability to take
multiple actions, your going to struggle to dominate the table, or even
your prey.

I'd suggest more actions. Freak Drive/Forced march if you're playing
with fortitude, and a few smaller lads that can take actions to help
you going? A Diablerist or two is always useful to have on hand after
you've had Beast smack one into submission.

I think you'd also need a good way to cycle cards (Dreams, Barrens,
Learjet, Relentless Pursuit) to help you get Masters out of your hand,
(lets face it - 24, even with 7 trifles are too many).

Another thing you can think about are more pool damaging masters. More
Fame, Tension, perhaps some Anarch Revolts (you'll be Anarch - and then
you bash anyone who you don't want to be Anarch).

--> J

On 22 Mar 2005 18:23:15 -0800, vasilis@theonedragon.com (vp) wrote:

>This Deck needs some work... so i'm asking for advice.
>
>Crypt
>5x Beast !Nos: POT OBF ani cel, Strength +1, built-in Rush, no
>ret/act.
>3x Theo Bell Bru: POT dom pre cel, built-in rush.
>2x Theo Adv Bru: POT dom PRE CEL aus, Strength +1, ref to burn.
>2x Jeremy Adv Bru: POT PRE AUS chi cel, built-in rush
>(prey/predator).
>
>Action mods: 4
>4x Conditioning
>

>I may try adding 2 more Conditioning and 3 Forced March later.
>
>How shall i improve the deck/strategy to actually win with this deck?
>
>/vasilis

Given your distribution of crypt, have you considered replacing some
or all Conditioning, for some Iron Glare? You have 5 vampires who can
use Conditioning for +2 Bleed. You have 4 vampires who can use Iron
Glare for the same, without the blood cost. Also has the cornercase of
7 vampires who can boost 'burn referendums' if needed (like Anarch
Revolt, etc)

Morgan Vening
- Iron Glare Advocate.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:53:06 +1100, Morgan Vening
<morgan@optusnet.com.au> scrawled:

>On 22 Mar 2005 18:23:15 -0800, vasilis@theonedragon.com (vp) wrote:
>
>>This Deck needs some work... so i'm asking for advice.
>>
>>Crypt
>>5x Beast !Nos: POT OBF ani cel, Strength +1, built-in Rush, no
>>ret/act.
>>3x Theo Bell Bru: POT dom pre cel, built-in rush.
>>2x Theo Adv Bru: POT dom PRE CEL aus, Strength +1, ref to burn.
>>2x Jeremy Adv Bru: POT PRE AUS chi cel, built-in rush
>>(prey/predator).
>>
>>Action mods: 4
>>4x Conditioning
>>

>>I may try adding 2 more Conditioning and 3 Forced March later.
>>
>>How shall i improve the deck/strategy to actually win with this deck?
>>
>>/vasilis
>
>Given your distribution of crypt, have you considered replacing some
>or all Conditioning, for some Iron Glare? You have 5 vampires who can
>use Conditioning for +2 Bleed. You have 4 vampires who can use Iron
>Glare for the same, without the blood cost. Also has the cornercase of
>7 vampires who can boost 'burn referendums' if needed (like Anarch
>Revolt, etc)

not that an anarch deck is too likely to want to burn anarch revolts
these days, but it might help in some situations. :)

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:32:02 +1100, salem
<salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>Given your distribution of crypt, have you considered replacing some
>>or all Conditioning, for some Iron Glare? You have 5 vampires who can
>>use Conditioning for +2 Bleed. You have 4 vampires who can use Iron
>>Glare for the same, without the blood cost. Also has the cornercase of
>>7 vampires who can boost 'burn referendums' if needed (like Anarch
>>Revolt, etc)
>
>not that an anarch deck is too likely to want to burn anarch revolts
>these days, but it might help in some situations. :)

Granted. But that was just the most iconic example. Quick filter of
ARDB says Archon, Bureaucratic Overload, Elysium:A, Fee Stakes,
Masquerade Enforcement, Powerbase Berlin, Year of Fortune and Zoning
Board. As I said, cornercase.

Morgan Vening

"vp" <vasilis@theonedragon.com> wrote in message
> This Deck needs some work... so i'm asking for advice.
>
> Deck Name: Beast and the boys visits the neighborhood.
> Strategy (yeah right...): Rush and rush again.
> How it work's: Not so well, the combat is very good but ousting seems
> to be a problem. When my prey and Predator has been rushed to bits but
> before the first my oust, the whole table gangs up on us poor anarchs.
> No gamewins and seldom victorypoints but it's a blast to play.
>
> Crypt
> 5x Beast !Nos: POT OBF ani cel, Strength +1, built-in Rush, no
> ret/act.
> 3x Theo Bell Bru: POT dom pre cel, built-in rush.
> 2x Theo Adv Bru: POT dom PRE CEL aus, Strength +1, ref to burn.
> 2x Jeremy Adv Bru: POT PRE AUS chi cel, built-in rush
> (prey/predator).

1 less beast, 1 less Theo advanced, 1 less Theo, 1 less Jeremy. Add in 4 cel
pot weenies. Often enough a flash and 2 diversions can get the job done.
Consider Wah if you keep the conditionings.

> Masters: 24
> 3x Blood Dolls
> 7x Galarics Legacy
> 7x Fortitude
> 2x Guardian angel
> 1x Depravity
> 1x Carver's meat packing & storage
> 1x Tension in the ranks
> 1x Fame
> 1x Powerbase: Los Angeles

I understand the desire for fortitude, but you need more room. Drop 3-4 of
the fort. Drop at least one Gaurdian angel, add 2 more fames. Fame gets you
vps.

> Combat:62
> 21x Diversion
> 3x Improvised Tactics (change to Earthshock - ranged Strength ?)
> 10x Immortal Grapple
> 7x Flash
> 6x Torn Signpost
> 6x Undead Strength
> 5x Taste of vitae
> 4x Disarm

Good, change to earthshock as suggested. I'd switch an undead strength for a
signpost.

> Action mods: 4
> 4x Conditioning

With my crypt changes, I'd stick with 4.

> I may try adding 2 more Conditioning and 3 Forced March later.
>
> How shall i improve the deck/strategy to actually win with this deck?

Try not erasing your prey as soon as you get out. Let your prey hurt
grandprey.

Hope it helps,

Colin Strauss Riggs

Thank you all for your advice, it really helps to see your deck
through fresh eyes.

I will reduce the crypt size somewhat, probably to

4x Beast
3x Theo
1x Theo adv
4x (a: 2-caps with dom or b: more than 2-caps with dom+pot/POT)

Replace some masters (24 is far to many), probably

2x Guardian Angel (this hurts, people i play with know my weackness
for GA)
1x Depravity

with

1x Conditioning (if version a) 1x Conditioning (if version b)
2x Forced march 2x Thrown gate

Playtest it some more and see if it works better. If it doesn't then
i'will tweak it some more :)

It usually takes 5-6 tweaks before my decks can be considered somewhat
solid.

/vasilis

I have a deck that seems pretty decent that has a crypt of:
4 Jeremy McNeils
4 Jeremy McNeil Advanced
4 Richter, Templar of DuMont

The Library includes 2 Gaelric's Legacy's some Anarch Revolts, and
combat cards. The deck is more reactive through, since Jeremy has
superior Auspex, the deck has a fair amount of intercept cards. Jeremy
only really uses his rush ability to take out other people's anarchs so
they have to take revolt damage.

I do have 2 Fortitude skill cards because Diversion is pretty good and,
when you are blocking, you don't want to get Kiss of Ra-ed. I also have
one Celerty skill card for Jeremy so that he can use Psyche to restart
combat. He could use Telepathic Tracking, but I don't have any :(

Just an idea.

TRENDING THREADS