DECK - Please Sir, Can I Have Some More?

Last response: in Video Games
March 24, 2005 12:14:13 AM

Don't own any copies of War Ghoul and Chiropteran Marauder/Breath of
the Dragon is getting old. Besides, the Tzimisce's discipline spread
allows for some interesting combat options beyond the old *Ping You're
Dead!* strategy. Enter: Starvation of Marena. Some people like the
card, others do not. I for one think it's pretty good considering how
easily available it is. Two or three damage at long plus an optional
press is nothing to scoff at when you got Carrion Crows flying about.
The following deck is much inspired by an old Tzimisce Newsletter so
credit for concept goes to the individual responsible for writing it.
The name escapes me at the moment.

Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap. 8 Min Cap. 1 Avg Cap. 4.5
3x Caliban 6 ANI AUS VIC Tzimisce:2
1x Corine Marcon 6 ani AUS VIC Tzimisce:2
2x Devin Bisley 5 ANI AUS vic Tzimisce:2
1x Horatio 2 vic Tzimisce:2
1x Meshenka 8 ANI AUS VIC Tzimisce:2
2x Olga Triminov 1 vic Pander:3
1x Lolita Houston 4 aus VIC Tzimisce:2
1x Terrence 4 aus ani vic Tzimisce:2

Reaction - 19
5x Forced Awakening
5x Telepathic Misdirection
3x Spirit's Touch
3x Eagle's Sight
3x Enhanced Senses

Equipment - 1
1x Femur of Toomler

Combat - 38
2x Breath of the Dragon
8x Carrion Crows
8x Chiropteran Marauder
6x Starvation of Marena
4x Taste of Vitae
6x Inner Essence
4x Telepathic Tracking

Allies / Retainers - 2
2x Corpse Balloon

Master - 12
6x Blood Doll
1x Hungry Coyote
1x Powerbase: Montreal
2x Fame
1x Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper
1x KRCG News Radio

Action Modifier - 5
5x Changeling

Action - 13
5x Fiendish Tongue
3x Anima Gathering
5x Nose of the Hound

Everything there is pretty much self-explanatory. Inner Essence is nice
with some of the smaller vampires with vic allowing them to play
Starvation of Marena, Telepathic Tracking and/or Breath of the Dragon
for free. At superior, it saves me a Hunt action. Can't complain.
Corpse Balloon over Revenant. It does not cost a blood, and blood is
precious when playing with some of the smaller vamps. Also can be
played by Olga Triminov, Revenant cannot because she's not a Tzimisce.
Let's not forget the optional maneuver. Anima Gathering is sweet!

And finally, the reason behind Olga herself is that I like her. Plain
and simple. She's a 1-cap, which means free bleed at times and playing
with Auspex means I can keep the Edge and net me some pool for a couple
of turns. She can maneuver to long and hit for two damage via
Starvation of Marena. Can bleed for three with Tongue/Changeling. And
her disadvantage is neglectable, would you really steal her for a pool?
Note that only Black Hand can attempt such an action. And I could
block, if I really want to keep her. I would have liked to have more
Forced Awakening's though, but don't know what to drop.
Thoughts/suggestions much appreciated. Thanks!

More about : deck sir

Anonymous
March 24, 2005 7:28:38 AM

evil_inside1...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap. 8 Min Cap. 1 Avg Cap. 4.5
> 3x Caliban 6 ANI AUS VIC Tzimisce:2
> 1x Corine Marcon 6 ani AUS VIC Tzimisce:2
> 2x Devin Bisley 5 ANI AUS vic Tzimisce:2
> 1x Horatio 2 vic Tzimisce:2
> 1x Meshenka 8 ANI AUS VIC Tzimisce:2
> 2x Olga Triminov 1 vic Pander:3
> 1x Lolita Houston 4 aus VIC Tzimisce:2
> 1x Terrence 4 aus ani vic Tzimisce:2
>
> Reaction - 19
> 5x Forced Awakening
> 5x Telepathic Misdirection
> 3x Spirit's Touch
> 3x Eagle's Sight
> 3x Enhanced Senses
>
> Equipment - 1
> 1x Femur of Toomler
>
> Combat - 38
> 2x Breath of the Dragon
> 8x Carrion Crows
> 8x Chiropteran Marauder
> 6x Starvation of Marena
> 4x Taste of Vitae
> 6x Inner Essence
> 4x Telepathic Tracking
>
> Allies / Retainers - 2
> 2x Corpse Balloon
>
> Master - 12
> 6x Blood Doll
> 1x Hungry Coyote
> 1x Powerbase: Montreal
> 2x Fame
> 1x Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper
> 1x KRCG News Radio
>
> Action Modifier - 5
> 5x Changeling
>
> Action - 13
> 5x Fiendish Tongue
> 3x Anima Gathering
> 5x Nose of the Hound
>
> Everything there is pretty much self-explanatory. Inner Essence is
nice
> with some of the smaller vampires with vic allowing them to play
> Starvation of Marena, Telepathic Tracking and/or Breath of the Dragon
> for free. At superior, it saves me a Hunt action. Can't complain.
> Corpse Balloon over Revenant. It does not cost a blood, and blood is
> precious when playing with some of the smaller vamps. Also can be
> played by Olga Triminov, Revenant cannot because she's not a
Tzimisce.
> Let's not forget the optional maneuver. Anima Gathering is sweet!

A couple of Vic master disciplines would be nice for the smaller
vampires.
Maybe some 2 more rush cards could be nice, since you have 38 combat
cards and i believe your actions aren't that threatning.
Corpse Baloon don't allow you to block PAs, recruit allies, retainers,
etc. You should consider Ravenant, Mr. Winthrop, Sport Bike, Raven
Spy... or else, just use the auspex intercept cards and add 2 Forced
Awakening.

> And finally, the reason behind Olga herself is that I like her. Plain
> and simple. She's a 1-cap, which means free bleed at times and
playing
> with Auspex means I can keep the Edge and net me some pool for a
couple
> of turns. She can maneuver to long and hit for two damage via
> Starvation of Marena. Can bleed for three with Tongue/Changeling. And
> her disadvantage is neglectable, would you really steal her for a
pool?

Sure. You got 1 less vampire and i got one more for 1 pool and no
transfer spending! :-)

..- Luis Duarte
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 11:43:44 AM

Sure. You got 1 less vampire and i got one more for 1 pool and no
transfer spending! :-)

Provided that you're playing Black Hand and I let you steal her, and
you get no stealth when trying to take her away which makes it even
easier. And last time I checked, people hesitate when it comes to
entering combat with Gangrel and/or Tzimisce. The aggro. pokes and all
:)

A couple of Vic master disciplines would be nice for the smaller
vampires.
Maybe some 2 more rush cards could be nice, since you have 38 combat
cards and i believe your actions aren't that threatning.
Corpse Baloon don't allow you to block PAs, recruit allies, retainers,
etc. You should consider Ravenant, Mr. Winthrop, Sport Bike, Raven
Spy... or else, just use the auspex intercept cards and add 2 Forced
Awakening.

Yeah, I considered adding a discipline card or two. Might drop one copy
of Fame and maybe a Blood Doll. Valid points regarding Corspse Balloon,
but I still think it's underrated. An optional maneuver and +1
intercept at superior, even if it is only against directed actions, for
no blood is pretty good. The optional maneuver alone goes a long way in
a deck like this, protecting my little guys from close-ranged combat
and/or setting up Carrion Crows and/or Starvation of Marena. Basically,
a IR Goggles with additional, even if circumstantial intercept.

As for blocking all those other actions, that's where Auspex comes in.
And if playing against decks that take plenty of undirected actions,
keep a guy tapped via Anima Gathering and they'll have trouble getting
anything through. But I will need more Forced Awakenings. This has been
my concern from the very beginning.
!