Developer-oriented groups or messageboards?

June 21, 2005 10:08:33 AM

Where do most Palm developers hang-out these days? I remember that the
pilot.programmer.* newsgroups used to be pretty active, but they seem
to be all but dead now.

--
Karl Garrison
hermes_917@yahoo.com

hermes_917@yahoo.com wrote:
> Where do most Palm developers hang-out these days? I remember that the
> pilot.programmer.* newsgroups used to be pretty active, but they seem
> to be all but dead now.

Do you know the 'palm-dev-forum' newsgroup on palmsource.lyris.net server.

this is the official palmsource newsgroups for developers. It plenty
active (10 posts/day) and very professional.

You are free to see messages there, there are also others lists for
developers on this same server (java, bluetooth, palm-web)

has a very good retention, no traffic limit and the best is free.

The best World best Palm developers are there, I personally do not go to
pilot.programmer.* as i think that it is very redundant as exist
'palm-dev-forum' that is the official list.

--
Franco
Become a PalmOs Beta Tester: http://www.micromagiclabs.com/beta.html

Erico Franco <ericofranco@ig.com.br> aszonygya:
:this is the official palmsource newsgroups for developers. It plenty
:active (10 posts/day) and very professional.

Yes, except that most non-trivial issues remain unresolved.

:The best World best Palm developers are there,

Who are they? I know who the worst are though but my lips are sealed. /PaulN
June 22, 2005 9:08:10 PM

Hi,

Paul Nevai wrote:

> Yes, except that most non-trivial issues remain unresolved.

Most of my issues are solved there, normally I just search the boards
and get it already asked/answered there.

80% of the times I get it answered it is not perfect but it is ok for me.

> :The best World best Palm developers are there,
>
> Who are they? I know who the worst are though but my lips are sealed. /PaulN

I am still on the worst list ;-) but there are a lot of good developers
there that do a very good job in solving issues there.

What is the problem with that list in you opinion Paul? there is another
list that you recommend instead of palm-dev-forum?

thanks
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 10:38:45 PM

Cannot find the original post anymore but ...

Try the developer forums at www.palmsource.com/developers. They're free
and PalmSource engineers do, at times, contribute to them.
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 2:14:56 AM

Guy Bannis wrote:
>Try the developer forums at www.palmsource.com/developers. They're free
>and PalmSource engineers do, at times, contribute to them.

And you can access them directly on your Palm with New Yanoff:
http://www.PalmYanoff.com
--
For God, Family and Republic!
My plan to save the world: