So what's the popular view on Gygax? - Page 2

Last response: in Video Games
September 1, 2005 2:11:46 AM

Kaos wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:50:53 -0700, Some Guy <someguy@thedoor.gov>
> dared speak in front of ME:
>

>>Kaos wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:05:41 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> dared
>>>speak in front of ME:

>>>Up the rear from a dominatrix with a strap-on?
>>
>>Ah, porn.
>

> Who's talking about porn here? I've got the handcuffs, the gag and
> the strap-on. Bend over, let's have some fun.

Shades of Bianca Butthole!

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=22380

There's also the song called "Strap On" that she did on the Meatmen EP:

http://tinyurl.com/8jt9p

>>Enjoy it while you can, because the buttholes in Ohio who put
>>President Stupid back in office have also wreaked this on us:
>>
>>http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1125318960389&rss...
>

> And did you look at the dweeb in question? Talk about
> self-destructive behaviour, he's chopping off his only plausible
> outlet...

Never underestimate the power of uptight white people to screw things up
for everyone else.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 2:14:20 AM

Kevin Venzke wrote:
> "Jeff Heikkinen" <no.way@jose.org> wrote in message
>
>>One of the voices in my head - or was it Justin Bacon? - just said...
>>
>>>Gygax tends to create powerful responses: There are those who revere
>>>him for his role in shaping their formative years and creating their
>>>favorite pasttime. There are those who revile him for (a) poor design
>>>skills; (b) his god-like ego; (c) stealing credit from Dave Arneson;
>>>and (d) Cyborg Commando.
>>
>>Don't forget (e) his writing style.
>

> There's something wrong with his writing style?
>
> And what was wrong with Cyborg Commando?
>
> Kevin

Troll. <g>
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 2:17:37 AM

Telendil Silverleaf wrote:
> "Dirk Collins" <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> wrote in message
>
>>Telendil Silverleaf wrote:
>>

>>>I'm kind of confused. Is he universally despised by the gaming
>>>community, universally loved, or somewhere in between?
>>>
>>>Everything I've read about him seems to indicate that he resembles a...
>>
>>Well... you just proved beyond a reason of a doubt, that you're a total
>>retard.
>

> Well then, it's fortunate for me that I don't give a damn about your
> opinion. Have fun.

But you did ask for Dirk's opinion, which proves my point.
September 1, 2005 2:54:19 AM

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:18:37 GMT, "Kevin Venzke" <stepjakk@yahooo.frr>
wrote:

>"Jeff Heikkinen" <no.way@jose.org> wrote in message
>> One of the voices in my head - or was it Justin Bacon? - just said...
>>> Gygax tends to create powerful responses: There are those who revere
>>> him for his role in shaping their formative years and creating their
>>> favorite pasttime. There are those who revile him for (a) poor design
>>> skills; (b) his god-like ego; (c) stealing credit from Dave Arneson;
>>> and (d) Cyborg Commando.
>>
>> Don't forget (e) his writing style.
>
>There's something wrong with his writing style?
>
>And what was wrong with Cyborg Commando?

Well, the memories are vague but I do think recall that the heros were
all identical and the bad guys were all these big blobs who couldn't
talk and had no personalities. I was never interested enough to try
out the combat system.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 2:54:20 AM

David Johnston wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:18:37 GMT, "Kevin Venzke" <stepjakk@yahooo.frr>
> wrote:
>

>>"Jeff Heikkinen" <no.way@jose.org> wrote in message
>>
>>>One of the voices in my head - or was it Justin Bacon? - just said...

>>>Don't forget (e) his writing style.
>>
>>There's something wrong with his writing style?
>>
>>And what was wrong with Cyborg Commando?
>

> Well, the memories are vague but I do think recall that the heros were
> all identical and the bad guys were all these big blobs who couldn't
> talk and had no personalities. I was never interested enough to try
> out the combat system.

Sounds like the Republican National Convention.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 3:30:15 AM

Kaos wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:36:31 GMT, Dirk Collins wrote:
>>Yeah! Roleplaying has been changed into a win-lose proposition,
>>instead of a win-win proposition for both the players and GM. The
>>time it takes without good software to prep a fun game is
>>excrutiating,
>

> You're doing it wrong.

Am Not. You just happen to think so, cause you don't know any better.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 3:32:31 AM

Telendil Silverleaf wrote:

> Noted. He seems to have completely missed the point of the post. The
> operative phrase was "seems to indicate", not "I firmly believe."

That wasn't the part of the post I had a contention with.

Now you are a 'Tard with two strikes.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 4:31:18 AM

One of the voices in my head - or was it Kevin Venzke? - just said...

> "Jeff Heikkinen" <no.way@jose.org> wrote in message
> > One of the voices in my head - or was it Justin Bacon? - just said...
> >> Gygax tends to create powerful responses: There are those who revere
> >> him for his role in shaping their formative years and creating their
> >> favorite pasttime. There are those who revile him for (a) poor design
> >> skills; (b) his god-like ego; (c) stealing credit from Dave Arneson;
> >> and (d) Cyborg Commando.
> >
> > Don't forget (e) his writing style.
>
> There's something wrong with his writing style?

"They occasionally go devoid of raiment" instead of "they sometimes
don't wear clothes"?

As others have said, somewhat flavourful, but needlessly wordy and not
very good at *conveying* *information*.

> And what was wrong with Cyborg Commando?

That I can't speak on, having never even seen a copy. I know it's got a
terrible reputation, but I don't know why. Although the name isn't very
promising.

> Kevin

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 5:12:50 AM

On 31 Aug 2005 16:17:51 -0700, "copeab@yahoo.com" <copeab@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>David Johnston wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:18:37 GMT, "Kevin Venzke" <stepjakk@yahooo.frr>
>> >
>> >And what was wrong with Cyborg Commando?
>>
>> Well, the memories are vague but I do think recall that the heros were
>> all identical and the bad guys were all these big blobs who couldn't
>> talk and had no personalities. I was never interested enough to try
>> out the combat system.
>
>I GMed about six adventures of CC. Only the last had more than one
>player, so there was never an "all identical" problem (to be honest, it
>probably was no worse than a team of SEALs being "identical").

Ever notice how few games about SEALs there are?

>The dice mechanic, though odd (1d10 * 1d10) was servicable enough. I
>don't remember any major problems with the combat system, other than
>the general lack of damage values for weapons not carried by a CC or
>the aliens.
>
>Anyway, I think the idea of the game was not to discuss late
>impressionist painters with the aliens, but to Kill The Bastards!

So why make it a roleplaying game instead of a wargame?
September 1, 2005 5:13:02 AM

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:11:14 -0400, "Telendil Silverleaf"
<michael.hofer@cox.net> dared speak in front of ME:

>"Kaos" <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:05:41 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> dared
>> speak in front of ME:
>>
>>>Some other people are not pussies and can take it like a MAN.
>>
>> Up the rear from a dominatrix with a strap-on?
>
>Who sez it has to be a dominatrix? :0P

Real Men(tm)

(no, I'm not one of them. I'm the one with the strap-on.)
--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:30:15 GMT, Dirk Collins
<dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> dared speak in front of ME:

>Kaos wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:36:31 GMT, Dirk Collins wrote:
>>>Yeah! Roleplaying has been changed into a win-lose proposition,
>>>instead of a win-win proposition for both the players and GM. The
>>>time it takes without good software to prep a fun game is
>>>excrutiating,
>>

>> You're doing it wrong.
>
>Am Not.

You clearly are. Stop lying to yourself, it's holding you back.
--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.
Samuel Clemens, "Notebook," 1935
September 1, 2005 8:06:06 PM

David Johnston wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:18:37 GMT, "Kevin Venzke" <stepjakk@yahooo.frr>
> wrote:
>

>>"Jeff Heikkinen" <no.way@jose.org> wrote in message
>>
>>>One of the voices in my head - or was it Justin Bacon? - just said...

>>>Don't forget (e) his writing style.
>>
>>There's something wrong with his writing style?
>>
>>And what was wrong with Cyborg Commando?
>

> Well, the memories are vague but I do think recall that the heros were
> all identical and the bad guys were all these big blobs who couldn't
> talk and had no personalities. I was never interested enough to try
> out the combat system.

Sounds like the Democratic National Convention.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 8:13:14 PM

"Don" <unknown@oblivion.com> wrote in news:o FFRe.346850$5V4.70166@pd7tw3no:

> David Johnston wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:18:37 GMT, "Kevin Venzke" <stepjakk@yahooo.frr>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Jeff Heikkinen" <no.way@jose.org> wrote in message

>>>There's something wrong with his writing style?
>>>
>>>And what was wrong with Cyborg Commando?
>>

>> Well, the memories are vague but I do think recall that the heros were
>> all identical and the bad guys were all these big blobs who couldn't
>> talk and had no personalities. I was never interested enough to try
>> out the combat system.
>>

> Sounds like the Democratic National Convention.

Or the Republican National Convention. I mean, it's not like you can tell
them apart without checking the TV Guide.

--
"So there is no third law of Terrydynamics."
-- William Hyde

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 03:36:31 GMT, Dirk Collins
> <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> dared speak in front of ME:
>
>>chaoslight@gmail.com wrote:

>>> He's very divisive. Basically, he pioneered the "DM is God, and should
>>> demonstrate this by screwing the players whenever possible" style of
>>> gaming. His adventure modules almost invariably have unfair, instakill
>>> traps, many of them undetectable.
>>
>>He did not. It's not his fault that many other GM's and players
>>lacked imagination and had even less initiative to improve the game.
>>
>>> Gaming has passed him by. Modern takes on the role of the DM are very
>>> different, and most of us have no wish to return to the bad old days.
>>
>>Yeah! Roleplaying has been changed into a win-lose proposition,
>>instead of a win-win proposition for both the players and GM. The
>>time it takes without good software to prep a fun game is
>>excrutiating,
>
> You're doing it wrong.

No, he is just a simpleton.

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

September 2, 2005 12:37:29 AM

> One of the voices in my head - or was it Kevin Venzke? - just said...

>> There's something wrong with his writing style?
>
> "They occasionally go devoid of raiment" instead of "they sometimes
> don't wear clothes"?
>
> As others have said, somewhat flavourful, but needlessly wordy and not
> very good at *conveying* *information*.

Personally, that was one of the things I *did* like. It facilitated me
having an obnoxious "$3.00 word" vocabulary when I was 10.

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

September 2, 2005 2:59:08 AM

Behold! for Dirk Collins <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> spake unto the
multitude thus:

>Yeah! Roleplaying has been changed into a win-lose proposition,
>instead of a win-win proposition for both the players and GM. The
>time it takes without good software to prep a fun game is
>excrutiating, and storytelling and heroics have been sacrificed in
>favor of repetitive mechanics and a mind boggling array of
>choices.

Poor troll.

Looks a little more convincing because you have more form for
stupidity than trolling, but poor all the same.
..

--
Jim or Sarah Davies, but probably Jim

D&D and Star Fleet Battles stuff on http://www.aaargh.org
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 2:59:16 AM

Behold! for "Kevin Venzke" <stepjakk@yahooo.frr> spake unto the
multitude thus:

>There's something wrong with his writing style?

These are extracts taken at random from a later work of his, LEJENDARY
ASTERoGUES (sic). Admittedly it's a Beta, so some of the grammar might
have been mistakes.

-- begin --
Pretense: Add two points to Health only when initially selecting this.
All having to do with acting, theatrics, and thespianism also assumed
identities, blandishments, bribery, cajoling, coaxing, deception,
espionage, forged material and forgery, imposture, inducement,
instigation, provocation, seduction, wheedling disappearing (as an
identifiable person), anonymity, nondescriptness, and disguise.
-- end --

Spot the thesaurus. It's almost in alphabetical order.

-- begin --
Where harm is concerned, and the effects of the harm are sought to be
mitigated, then either luck Ability or Speed Base Rating, less
penalties, or a combination of both, are used. In life or death
situations where some massive harm is concerned, the Legend Master can
employ the following Avoidance Check Optional: If a check against
modified Speed Base Rating succeeds, all harm is avoided; if the
result is above that number but no greater than equal to twice
modified Speed Base Rating, then only one-half the indicated harm is
suffered; 10% of luck Ability can be added to the modified Speed BR.
Luck alone can be used to modify one result only, either a total
failure so as to become a partial success if the check against luck
Ability succeeds, or a partial failure to become a successful
avoidance in the case of a check against luck Ability succeeding.
-- end --

It makes your head bend out of shape.

-- begin --
Alter Vibrations: The Extraordinary Power that gives the capacity to
change the molecular vibrations of the body of the able individual or
a subject touched for the space of an instant so as to in effect be
immaterial in one ABC of time. This will automatically divest the
individual of all worn, affixed to the body, or carried. In the case
of a simultaneously harm-causing event, including a fall, the capacity
will prevent any harm that is not continuing past the moment from
occurring to the individual. Touching another or the latter use
requires a successful Ability employment roll to operate, as timing
must be precise.
-- end --

uh?

And I just discovered a new word in there: "agathocathological". This
is a genuine, real, word. It's in the Shorter OED.

IMO - my honest thanks for inventing the hobby (with help), but since
then he should STFU and admit that other people do it better.

--
Jim or Sarah Davies, but probably Jim

D&D and Star Fleet Battles stuff on http://www.aaargh.org
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 5:12:38 AM

Kaos wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:30:15 GMT, Dirk Collins
> <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> dared speak in front of ME:
>
>>Kaos wrote:
>>>You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>Am Not.
>
> You clearly are. Stop lying to yourself, it's holding you back.

Am not.

Samuel Clemens? You quoting the guy who wrote stories for the
equivalent of the National Enquirer of his time... Sheesh.
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 5:13:18 AM

Kaos wrote:

> Real Men(tm)
>
> (no, I'm not one of them. I'm the one with the strap-on.)

You have it on backwards, tard.
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 5:13:19 AM

"Dirk Collins" <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> wrote in message
news:o GNRe.5307$9i4.730@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Kaos wrote:
>
>> Real Men(tm)
>>
>> (no, I'm not one of them. I'm the one with the strap-on.)
>
> You have it on backwards, tard.

Okay, as much as I dislike that word, that was frickin' funny. :-P
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 5:31:41 AM

Jim Davies wrote:

> IMO - my honest thanks for inventing the hobby (with help), but since
> then he should STFU and admit that other people do it better.

Feh. He goes one step better, and sponsors others that are later
published or co-published. Adding some great RPG resources for GMs
in the process.

Re,
Dirk
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 5:41:07 AM

Jim Davies wrote:

> Poor troll.
>
> Looks a little more convincing because you have more form for
> stupidity than trolling, but poor all the same.

Yeah, but that troll is workin' this crowd pretty good...
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 7:24:04 AM

Malachias Invictus wrote:

>>I don't think you'll be successful though.
>

> You would lose that bet.

Keep reading.
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 7:40:00 AM

Malachias Invictus wrote:

> "Dirk Collins" wrote:
>>It's not his fault that many other GM's and players lacked imagination and
>>had even less initiative to improve the game.
>
> Dave Hargrave seemed to do just fine.

The volumes of the Arduin Grimoire was a fine addition to the
game, as was the Judges Guild supplements and books. I had the
original books of AG once, and have the final softcover
comprehensive addition now.

>>The Losers; The folks that want a simple fun game that can be played to a
>>reasonable conclusion in just one evening.
>

> Play Sorry or Clue...

I would, but you're hogging the Sorry pieces, and the Professor
Plum card.
September 2, 2005 7:13:07 PM

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 01:12:38 GMT, Dirk Collins
<dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> dared speak in front of ME:

>Kaos wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:30:15 GMT, Dirk Collins
>> <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> dared speak in front of ME:

>>>Am Not.
>>
>> You clearly are. Stop lying to yourself, it's holding you back.
>
>Am not.

Are too.

>Samuel Clemens?

I suppose you'd prefer I quote Gene Ray?
--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.
Samuel Clemens, "Notebook," 1935
September 2, 2005 7:13:08 PM

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 01:41:07 GMT, Dirk Collins
<dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> dared speak in front of ME:

>Jim Davies wrote:
>
>> Poor troll.
>>
>> Looks a little more convincing because you have more form for
>> stupidity than trolling, but poor all the same.
>
>Yeah, but that troll is workin' this crowd pretty good...

Most of us are watching you scramble to find the net, unaware that
it's tangled itself round your own neck.
--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.
Samuel Clemens, "Notebook," 1935
September 2, 2005 7:13:08 PM

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 01:13:18 GMT, Dirk Collins
<dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> dared speak in front of ME:

>Kaos wrote:
>
>> Real Men(tm)
>>
>> (no, I'm not one of them. I'm the one with the strap-on.)
>
>You have it on backwards, tard.

Yet you still managed to wrap your lips firmly around the shaft.
Now keep bobbing your head like a good little slave.

--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.
Samuel Clemens, "Notebook," 1935
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 1:36:24 AM

> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 01:13:18 GMT, Dirk Collins
> <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> dared speak in front of ME:
>
>>Kaos wrote:
>>
>>> Real Men(tm)
>>>
>>> (no, I'm not one of them. I'm the one with the strap-on.)
>>
>>You have it on backwards, tard.
>
> Yet you still managed to wrap your lips firmly around the shaft.
> Now keep bobbing your head like a good little slave.

What do you expect from a guy named "Dork" who can't even spell his own
name right?

--
"So there is no third law of Terrydynamics."
-- William Hyde
Terry Austin
www.hyperbooks.com
September 3, 2005 8:30:58 AM

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:36:24 -0000, No 33 Secretary
<taustin+usenet@hyperbooks.com> dared speak in front of ME:

>Kaos <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 01:13:18 GMT, Dirk Collins
>> <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> dared speak in front of ME:

>>>You have it on backwards, tard.
>>
>> Yet you still managed to wrap your lips firmly around the shaft.
>> Now keep bobbing your head like a good little slave.
>>
>What do you expect from a guy named "Dork" who can't even spell his own
>name right?

Lots of enthusiasm but not much technique. Which is pretty much what
I'm getting.

--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.
Samuel Clemens, "Notebook," 1935
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 10:00:04 AM

No 33 Secretary wrote:
> What do you expect from a guy named "Dork" who can't even spell his own
> name right?

Awwwwww. How cute. Envy.
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 12:26:08 PM

> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:36:24 -0000, No 33 Secretary
> <taustin+usenet@hyperbooks.com> dared speak in front of ME:
>
>>Kaos <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> wrote in
>>
>>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 01:13:18 GMT, Dirk Collins
>>> <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> dared speak in front of ME:

>>> Yet you still managed to wrap your lips firmly around the shaft.
>>> Now keep bobbing your head like a good little slave.
>>>
>>What do you expect from a guy named "Dork" who can't even spell his own
>>name right?
>
> Lots of enthusiasm but not much technique. Which is pretty much what
> I'm getting.

Heh.

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

September 3, 2005 10:05:27 PM

Kaos wrote:

> Lots of enthusiasm but not much technique. Which is pretty much what
> I'm getting.

Go chum the waters elsewhere, tard...
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 12:35:07 AM

> No 33 Secretary wrote:
>> What do you expect from a guy named "Dork" who can't even spell his own
>> name right?
>
> Awwwwww. How cute. Envy.

QED.

Y'all are new around here, huh?

--
Terry Austin
http://www.hyperbooks.com/

Kaos <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> wrote in

> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:36:24 -0000, No 33 Secretary
> <taustin+usenet@hyperbooks.com> dared speak in front of ME:
>
>>Kaos <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> wrote in
>>
>>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 01:13:18 GMT, Dirk Collins
>>> <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> dared speak in front of ME:

>>> Yet you still managed to wrap your lips firmly around the shaft.
>>> Now keep bobbing your head like a good little slave.
>>>
>>What do you expect from a guy named "Dork" who can't even spell his own
>>name right?
>
> Lots of enthusiasm but not much technique. Which is pretty much what
> I'm getting.

Maybe you should buy him a manual.

--
Terry Austin
http://www.hyperbooks.com/
Campaign Cartographer Now Available
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 12:35:43 AM

> Kaos wrote:
>
>> Lots of enthusiasm but not much technique. Which is pretty much what
>> I'm getting.
>
> Go chum the waters elsewhere, tard...

And yet, you answered.

--
Terry Austin
http://www.hyperbooks.com/
Campaign Cartographer Now Available
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 3:57:51 AM

"Terry Austin" <taustin@hyperbooks.com> wrote in message
> Kaos <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:36:24 -0000, No 33 Secretary
>> <taustin+usenet@hyperbooks.com> dared speak in front of ME:
>>
>>>Kaos <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> wrote in

>>>What do you expect from a guy named "Dork" who can't even spell his own
>>>name right?
>>
>> Lots of enthusiasm but not much technique. Which is pretty much what
>> I'm getting.
>>
> Maybe you should buy him a manual.

It would need pictures rather than words. Then again, this may not be of
much help either.

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

September 4, 2005 10:10:28 PM

"Malachias Invictus" <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote in

> "Terry Austin" <taustin@hyperbooks.com> wrote in message
>> Kaos <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> wrote in
>>
>>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:36:24 -0000, No 33 Secretary
>>> <taustin+usenet@hyperbooks.com> dared speak in front of ME:

>>> Lots of enthusiasm but not much technique. Which is pretty much
>>> what I'm getting.
>>>
>> Maybe you should buy him a manual.
>
> It would need pictures rather than words. Then again, this may not be
> of much help either.

You never know. Maybe a Playgirl.

--
Terry Austin
http://www.hyperbooks.com/
Campaign Cartographer Now Available
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 10:10:29 PM

> "Malachias Invictus" <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote in
>

>> "Terry Austin" <taustin@hyperbooks.com> wrote in message
>>> Kaos <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> wrote in

>>> Maybe you should buy him a manual.
>>
>> It would need pictures rather than words. Then again, this may not be
>> of much help either.
>>
> You never know. Maybe a Playgirl.
>
> --
> Terry Austin
> http://www.hyperbooks.com/
> Campaign Cartographer Now Available

Hey! Don't push him off onto my team!
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 12:44:31 AM

"Telendil Silverleaf" <michael.hofer@cox.net> wrote in

> "Terry Austin" <taustin@hyperbooks.com> wrote in message
>> "Malachias Invictus" <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>

>>> "Terry Austin" <taustin@hyperbooks.com> wrote in message

>>> It would need pictures rather than words. Then again, this may not be
>>> of much help either.
>>>
>> You never know. Maybe a Playgirl.
>>
>> --
>> Terry Austin
>> http://www.hyperbooks.com/
>> Campaign Cartographer Now Available
>
> Hey! Don't push him off onto my team!

I'm only aiming for his obvious preferences. Don't blame *me*.

--
Terry Austin
http://www.hyperbooks.com/
Campaign Cartographer Now Available
September 5, 2005 2:41:44 AM

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:05:27 GMT, Dirk Collins
<dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> dared speak in front of ME:

>Kaos wrote:
>
>> Lots of enthusiasm but not much technique. Which is pretty much what
>> I'm getting.
>
>Go chum the waters elsewhere, tard...

You think of chum while discussing a blow job?
Pervert.

--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.
Samuel Clemens, "Notebook," 1935
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 2:41:45 AM

Kaos wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:05:27 GMT, Dirk Collins
> <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> dared speak in front of ME:
>

>>Kaos wrote:
>>

>>>Lots of enthusiasm but not much technique. Which is pretty much what
>>>I'm getting.
>>
>>Go chum the waters elsewhere, tard...
>

> You think of chum while discussing a blow job?
> Pervert.

But isn't that what a true chum is for?
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 3:00:08 AM

Terry Austin wrote:
> Dirk Collins <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> wrote in
>

>>Kaos wrote:
>>

>>>Lots of enthusiasm but not much technique. Which is pretty much what
>>>I'm getting.
>>
>>Go chum the waters elsewhere, tard...
>>

> And yet, you answered.

Yeah, I like to watch the three stooges (Kaos, Malachias, & Terry)
in action... It's non-stop gags and laughter.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 3:05:23 AM

Terry Austin wrote:

> "Telendil Silverleaf" <michael.hofer@cox.net> wrote in
>

>>"Terry Austin" <taustin@hyperbooks.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Malachias Invictus" <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote in

>>>You never know. Maybe a Playgirl.
>>>
>>Hey! Don't push him off onto my team!
>>

> I'm only aiming for his obvious preferences. Don't blame *me*.

You wish.
September 5, 2005 6:49:42 AM

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:35:29 -0000, Terry Austin
<taustin@hyperbooks.com> dared speak in front of ME:

>Kaos <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:36:24 -0000, No 33 Secretary
>> <taustin+usenet@hyperbooks.com> dared speak in front of ME:
>>
>>>Kaos <kaos@invalid.xplornet.com> wrote in

>>>What do you expect from a guy named "Dork" who can't even spell his own
>>>name right?
>>
>> Lots of enthusiasm but not much technique. Which is pretty much what
>> I'm getting.
>>
>Maybe you should buy him a manual.

But then the enthusiasm would be diverted to the pretty pictures, with
no guarantee of improved technique.
--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.
Samuel Clemens, "Notebook," 1935
September 5, 2005 6:49:46 AM

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 16:09:07 -0400, "Telendil Silverleaf"
<michael.hofer@cox.net> dared speak in front of ME:

>"Terry Austin" <taustin@hyperbooks.com> wrote in message
>> "Malachias Invictus" <capt_malachias@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>

>>> "Terry Austin" <taustin@hyperbooks.com> wrote in message

>>> It would need pictures rather than words. Then again, this may not be
>>> of much help either.
>>>
>> You never know. Maybe a Playgirl.
>>
>> --
>> Terry Austin
>> http://www.hyperbooks.com/
>> Campaign Cartographer Now Available
>
>Hey! Don't push him off onto my team!

But he's a great example of what self repression does...

--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.
Samuel Clemens, "Notebook," 1935
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 6:55:03 AM

> Terry Austin wrote:
>> Dirk Collins <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> wrote in

>>>Go chum the waters elsewhere, tard...
>>>

>> And yet, you answered.
>
> Yeah, I like to watch the three stooges (Kaos, Malachias, & Terry)
> in action... It's non-stop gags and laughter.

Plus, you can't help yourself, but that goes unsaid.

--
Terry Austin
http://www.hyperbooks.com/
Campaign Cartographer Now Available
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 6:55:14 AM

> Terry Austin wrote:
>
>> "Telendil Silverleaf" <michael.hofer@cox.net> wrote in
>>

>>>"Terry Austin" <taustin@hyperbooks.com> wrote in message

>>>Hey! Don't push him off onto my team!
>>>

>> I'm only aiming for his obvious preferences. Don't blame *me*.
>
> You wish.

Pervert.

--
Terry Austin
http://www.hyperbooks.com/
Campaign Cartographer Now Available
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 11:35:07 AM

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:00:08 GMT, Dirk Collins
<dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> wrote:

>Terry Austin wrote:
>> Dirk Collins <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> wrote in

>>>Go chum the waters elsewhere, tard...
>>>

>> And yet, you answered.
>
>Yeah, I like to watch the three stooges (Kaos, Malachias, & Terry)
>in action... It's non-stop gags and laughter

you watch them in "action"????
whats happening to this group?
I blame RON.
September 5, 2005 11:35:08 AM

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 07:35:07 GMT, mark version 1969
<blahblahblah@nowhere.com> dared speak in front of ME:

>On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:00:08 GMT, Dirk Collins
><dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> wrote:
>
>>Terry Austin wrote:
>>> Dirk Collins <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> wrote in

>>> And yet, you answered.
>>
>>Yeah, I like to watch the three stooges (Kaos, Malachias, & Terry)
>>in action... It's non-stop gags and laughter
>
>you watch them in "action"????
>whats happening to this group?
>I blame RON.

This seems more Hong's style, though you could make a case for Ron by
stretching the old aphorism...
--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.
Samuel Clemens, "Notebook," 1935
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 1:07:53 PM

"Dirk Collins" <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> wrote in message
> Terry Austin wrote:
>> Dirk Collins <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> wrote in

>>>Go chum the waters elsewhere, tard...
>>>

>> And yet, you answered.
>
> Yeah, I like to watch the three stooges (Kaos, Malachias, & Terry) in
> action... It's non-stop gags

Gags? Son, we have you wearing a whole gimp suit, stained with lemon juice.

> and laughter.

You got that right.