[LSJ] Mandatory Influence?

Something that I've been looking for a definitive answer for. I have a
vampire in my uncontrolled region with blood equal to or greater than
it's capacity at the end of my Influence Phase. Am I REQUIRED to put
it into my controlled region?

The wording of the rules seem to insinuate it does, but the lack of
'must' seems to indicate maybe not. And it just seems that given the
'secret nature' of the uncontrolled cards, to be a hard to enforce
rule.

Morgan Vening

In message <dqee41d8uhvjgsn3gjvabjcu92h5deg0gs@4ax.com>, Morgan Vening
<morgan@optusnet.com.au> writes:
>Something that I've been looking for a definitive answer for. I have a
>vampire in my uncontrolled region with blood equal to or greater than
>it's capacity at the end of my Influence Phase. Am I REQUIRED to put
>it into my controlled region?

Yes.

>The wording of the rules seem to insinuate it does, but the lack of
>'must' seems to indicate maybe not. And it just seems that given the
>'secret nature' of the uncontrolled cards, to be a hard to enforce
>rule.

Quite a few things involving uncontrolled cards are difficult to
enforce. For instance, Govern the Unaligned picking a younger vampire.

It doesn't usually raise issues. However, you can often ask someone
else to verify if you need to, or just double-check with the player by
saying "That's a 10 cap, right?"

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and

Morgan Vening wrote:

> Something that I've been looking for a definitive answer for. I have a
> vampire in my uncontrolled region with blood equal to or greater than
> it's capacity at the end of my Influence Phase. Am I REQUIRED to put
> it into my controlled region?

Yes. Even if it has more blood on it than it should. And when it comes into
play, if for whatever reason, you already have that vampire in play ('cause,
say, you weren't paying attention), the second one comes into play and burns
instantly.

Thus, the dreaded Bakija Gambit is born...

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"How does this end?"
"In fire."
Emperor Turhan and Kosh

Morgan Vening wrote:
> Something that I've been looking for a definitive answer for. I have a
> vampire in my uncontrolled region with blood equal to or greater than
> it's capacity at the end of my Influence Phase. Am I REQUIRED to put
> it into my controlled region?
>
> The wording of the rules seem to insinuate it does, but the lack of
> 'must' seems to indicate maybe not. And it just seems that given the
> 'secret nature' of the uncontrolled cards, to be a hard to enforce
> rule.

Except for the grayness, yes.

It is stated unequivocally:
"At the end of your influence phase, any vampire in your uncontrolled region
with a number of blood counters on him equal to (or more than) his capacity
becomes controlled."

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

TRENDING THREADS