DECK - Anarch Weenie Auspex

Last response: in Video Games
March 28, 2005 1:06:32 AM

threatens the Anarch Revolt. They can block. The can bounce. They
protect your pool. They can shoot anything that moves! The single copy
of Reformation is a stretch, what with only three vamps able to play
it. But man is it ever great to steal a hunting ground with this deck.
Worse case scenario, I can always discard it. Guns don't kill people.
Come to think of it. Yeah they do.

Crypt: 12 Vampires Max Cap. 5 Min Cap. 1 Avg Cap. 3.3
1x Elizabeth Westcott 5 ani AUS cel vic Tzimisce:3
2x Maladavis 5 AUS for pre Caitiff:3
1x Sabrina 4 aus cel pre Toreador-Antitribu:3
2x Martin Franckel 3 AUS thau Tremere:3
1x Gengis 3 aus cel pot Brujah:3
1x Sister Evelyn 3 aus dom Ventrue-Antitribu:3
1x Ember Wright 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
1x Saiz 3 aus dom Tremere-Antitribu:3
1x Nicholas Chang 2 aus Toreador-Antitribu:3
1x Feo Ramos 1 aus Pander:3

Master - 16
6x Blood Doll
6x Anarch Revolt
1x Auspex
1x Seattle Committee
1x Anarch Free Press
1x Hospital Food

Action - 10
8x Go Anarch
1x Status Perfectus
1x Reformation

Combat - 26
8x Groundfighting
6x Diversion
6x Trap
6x Concealed Weapon

Allies / Retainers - 2
1x Neighborhood Watch Commander (Hunter)
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)

Equipment - 8
8x Beretta 9mm

Reaction - 28
8x Forced Awakening
6x Telepathic Misdirection
5x Precognition
3x Spirit's Touch
3x Eagle's Sight
3x Enhanced Senses
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 1:35:04 AM

Since you REALLY hate anyone else having guns, I recommend one or two
Principia Discordias. Also, since your grandprey will probably get to
go Anarch freely, you may need a couple Noses of the Hound to take out
their Anarch later in the game. I'm definitely curious to hear how
this new Anarch Revolt paradigm goes.

Eric Simon
Prince of Chicago
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 2:21:42 AM

I'm curious to hear why the 9mms and not Saturday Night Specials or
..44s
March 28, 2005 3:10:12 AM

volya42@yahoo.com wrote:
> Since you REALLY hate anyone else having guns, I recommend one or two
> Principia Discordias. Also, since your grandprey will probably get
> go Anarch freely, you may need a couple Noses of the Hound to take
out
> their Anarch later in the game. I'm definitely curious to hear how
> this new Anarch Revolt paradigm goes.
>
> Eric Simon
> Prince of Chicago

Yeah. Interesting suggestions. Might swap the Reformation for Principia
Discordia. Don't know if I'll have room for Nose of the Hound. Was
hoping to block any attempt at going anarch. Of course that doesn't
help me vs. Galaric's Legacy but meh - no deck is perfect. Also, think
Anima Gathering is worth making space for somehow?
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 3:17:52 AM

I'm curious to hear why the 9mms and not Saturday Night Specials or
..44s

I am very uptight when it comes to pumping pool into anything other
than vamps and/or popular masters, actions, etc. Magnums are nice but
at two pool a pop I would rather use Desert Eagles. Berettta 9mm also
gives me another optional maneuver if I get two on one vampire, so
rather space efficient. I like having the cards do as much as possible
for the space-cost and Berettas act as Saturday Night Specials or .44
Magnum with an extra maneuver. Granted, to be used in another round.
But still leaves more space for stuff like Groundfighting, Trap, etc...
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 3:29:14 AM

I noticed some errors. Maldavis is a four-cap vampire. And not a
five-cap so it drops my crypt average down some.

I am very uptight when it comes to pumping pool into anything other
than vamps and/or popular masters, actions, etc. Magnums are nice but
at two pool a pop I would rather use Desert Eagles. Berettta 9mm also
gives me another optional maneuver if I get two on one vampire, so
rather space efficient. I like having the cards do as much as possible
for the space-cost and Berettas act as Saturday Night Specials or .44
Magnum with an extra maneuver. Granted, to be used in another round.
But still leaves more space for stuff like Groundfighting, Trap, etc...

I also noticed that Beretta 9mm does not provide a maneuver at all
unless the bearer is equipped with another. Hmm... not good. It would
be fine if I were running at least 10 copies but I don't have the space
for that. So might swap in some Saturday Night Specials or Desert
Eagle. Probably the Desert Eagles because I like 2R damage at one pool.
Can prevent some with Diversion and Precognition up close and instead
of Trap, I might add Scattershot. Thoughts?
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 12:22:44 PM

On 27 Mar 2005 23:29:14 -0800, evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:

>I noticed some errors. Maldavis is a four-cap vampire. And not a
>five-cap so it drops my crypt average down some.
>
>I am very uptight when it comes to pumping pool into anything other
>than vamps and/or popular masters, actions, etc. Magnums are nice but
>at two pool a pop I would rather use Desert Eagles. Berettta 9mm also
>gives me another optional maneuver if I get two on one vampire, so
>rather space efficient. I like having the cards do as much as possible
>for the space-cost and Berettas act as Saturday Night Specials or .44
>Magnum with an extra maneuver. Granted, to be used in another round.
>But still leaves more space for stuff like Groundfighting, Trap, etc...
>
>I also noticed that Beretta 9mm does not provide a maneuver at all
>unless the bearer is equipped with another. Hmm... not good. It would
>be fine if I were running at least 10 copies but I don't have the space
>for that. So might swap in some Saturday Night Specials or Desert
>Eagle. Probably the Desert Eagles because I like 2R damage at one pool.
>Can prevent some with Diversion and Precognition up close and instead
>of Trap, I might add Scattershot. Thoughts?

That were exactly the comments I was about to make.

I've had luck once running only 5 Berettas and 5 Concealed Weapons in
a deck, being able to pull two off a Cristobal Ghiberti with Proxy
Kissed, but normally I would rely on 10 Berettas and at least 6 or 8
Concealed to consistely pull the trick. I imagine this deck wants a
gun in each and every vampire you influence out, so it can raise the
necessary number of guns in your deck.
Since you're running weenies, there's no problem in spending one extra
pool here and there. Maybe 4 Desert Eagles and 4 Magnums.

About Scattershot. Nice when you can prevent, but it seems that half
of your crypt can't. Don't take that risk. Your weenies, anarch or
not, are still too fragile and you're bound to lose one or two to
torpor. I've played a deck like this before the advent of
Groundfighting and I must say, it's difficult to manage. I'd lose a
few Traps to include more maneuvers. Backstep is cool, specially with
a minion who has [for]. Even if you can't prevent, you have
Groundfightings presses to cancel the opponent's press if you feel
you're going to torpor also.

I know you just want to prevent people from becoming anarch, but doing
that torporizing another minion and not biting the dust is better. You
won't achieve this with Saturday Nights ;-)

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Newsletter Editor
V for Vendetta on the big screen!
http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 4:24:49 PM

OK, help me out here.
"I know you just want to prevent people from becoming anarch, but doing
that torporizing another minion and not biting the dust is better. You
won't achieve this with Saturday Nights ;-) "

Saturday Night Specials are superior to 9mms in that the Saturday Night
Special gives you a free maneuver for the same cost of 1 pool. Now, if
you equip with 2 9mms, then you get the maneuver and do 2 damage, but
at that point all you have is a .44 that took 2 actions/concealed
weapons to equip. If that's what you are going for why not just use
..44s and go to it. Now two 9mms are superior to one .44 in that you get
a second maneuver on the second round of a combat, but that doesn't
seem that huge a benefit in this deck.
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 9:46:37 PM

On 28 Mar 2005 12:24:49 -0800, "Preston" <prestonpoulter@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>OK, help me out here.
>"I know you just want to prevent people from becoming anarch, but doing
>that torporizing another minion and not biting the dust is better. You
>won't achieve this with Saturday Nights ;-) "
>
>Saturday Night Specials are superior to 9mms in that the Saturday Night
>Special gives you a free maneuver for the same cost of 1 pool. Now, if
>you equip with 2 9mms, then you get the maneuver and do 2 damage, but
>at that point all you have is a .44 that took 2 actions/concealed
>weapons to equip. If that's what you are going for why not just use
>.44s and go to it. Now two 9mms are superior to one .44 in that you get
>a second maneuver on the second round of a combat, but that doesn't
>seem that huge a benefit in this deck.

That's exactly what I was saying. Pay 1 extra pool to get Magnums,
they're worth the effort. Magnums with Diversion can torporize people
with 3 blood or less. Saturday Night with Diversion torporizes only
people with 1 blood or zero.

I like Beretta and it has benefits in a more specialized gunslinger
deck with enough presses and stuff, but not this one.

!