Visit Mythica

Hello. My name is Brandon Tucker. My wife, Stephanie, and I have been
working on a creative project for several years now, and I am now
attempting to contact figures and organizations who I believe can help
make a difference.

>From the fledgling website I have created for it:

"Imagine a world of wonder and magic, where fantasy and reality
become one, where only your imagination limits the scope of your
adventure, where dreams are made real and lifelong memories forged.
Enter the land of Mythica."

In essence, Mythica is a theme park in the making, but on a scale which
has only been dreamt of. Please take a moment to visit the website,
where the idea is fleshed out in more detail. I will also be adding
new material constantly.

http://www.geocities.com/visitmythica/

After browsing the site, please feel free to offer any thoughts,
suggestions or criticisms you may have.

Thank you, and if you're interested, please pass this along.

-Brandon Tucker

At first I thought this was another attempt to create a new roleplaying
world but quickly realized it is a tad more grandiose. Do you realize
the amount of money this would involve? I know on one of your pages you
list some ballpark estimates for land prices but please, unless you are
actively courting MAJOR money investors then you are simply daydreaming
aloud. This would be massive in scale. I mean, its a little naive to
even consider something like this unless you have an absurdly large
pile of cash you just don't know what to do with.

Yes, the amount would be staggering, though conceivably, it can be done
for under $100 million. No, I don't have any more money than you or
anyone else, and it would be naive for me to believe I alone could do
something of this scale, which I don't. I find it highly doubtful that
all my efforts will ever lead to anything, but with such an inspiring
potential, it's still worth a shot. Great things have been
accomplished by people with little more than a powerful idea and a lot
of determination, so at least I'll give it a try. If nothing else,
perhaps all this chatter might encourage a Peter Jackson, George Lucas,
Steven Spielberg or large corporation to take up the idea themselves,
and then you and I would at least be able to visit.

Thanks for the response.

-Brandon

aponly

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2005

When I saw your description, I immediately thought of the book Dream
Park, by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes. I also think of Westworld, the
movie with Yul Brenner.

It's a very noble idea, I'm ready to go, as soon as I get back from
Iraq. Hey, land's really cheap over here.

"Repent aponly!" said the Ticktockman. "Get Stuffed!" aponly replied.
Then he added:

> When I saw your description, I immediately thought of the book Dream
> Park, by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes. I also think of Westworld, the
> movie with Yul Brenner.

Now there's a ringing endorsement!

"Visit our park early in the season, before the robots go berserk."

--
Billy Yank

Quinn: "I'm saying it's us, or them."
Murphy: "Well I choose them."
Q: "That's NOT an option!"
M: "Then you shouldn't have framed it as one."
-Sealab 2021

Billy Yank's Baldur's Gate Photo Portraits
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2xvw6/

aponly

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2005

Thanks. Well, you have to have some excitement. Hey, over here in
Iraq it's kind of like Westworld...

Of course, I meant the idea behind the park. Even as an adult Walt
Disney World is my favorite vacation spot. Disney does a great job
with vacation immersion. I would see the Mythica idea as the next
step. Perhaps a cross between WDW and a renaissance fair.

The key would be how to obscure the technology and sanitation aspects
with the spirit of the fantasy world. I don't think I could convince
my wife to go stay at an inn unless modern cleaning is used.