Sign in with
Your question

HP DV6 3100-SA WONT INSTALL WINDOWS

Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
December 30, 2011 7:18:13 AM

Hello,

PLEASE

I formatted the hdd of my new laptop. It is based on an AMD chipset. Since then when I get to the windows 7 install screen I can see the hard drive, format it e.g but windows is bothered by the hard disk controller and asks for a BIOS change that's unavailable. Ubuntu however installs and the computer works perfectly.

What can I do to install windows?
February 19, 2012 12:23:48 AM

Dragos2 said:
Hello,

PLEASE

I formatted the hdd of my new laptop. It is based on an AMD chipset. Since then when I get to the windows 7 install screen I can see the hard drive, format it e.g but windows is bothered by the hard disk controller and asks for a BIOS change that's unavailable. Ubuntu however installs and the computer works perfectly.

What can I do to install windows?

hi there im having the same problem mine seems to be getting stuck at disk.sys when installing 7 when i try xp i just get BSOD .... anyways i belive ikts a driver problem try find the latest drivers for it and create ur own boot disc with something like nlite just insert the new drivers in to the windows install disc hope that helps you .. didnt help me my prob is a little trickier goodluck
!