Munchin Mystic Theurge Goodness

Would this be a valid class combo? (I don't have the book with Sublime
Chord in.)

Bard 8/Sublime Chord 2/Divine Crusader 2/Mystic Theurge 8

And would it be good? Does it avoid the major Theurge flaw of needing
two primary spellcasting stats?

--
Jack Rudd

Jack Rudd <jackkelshallrudd@aol.com> wrote:
>Would this be a valid class combo? (I don't have the book with Sublime
>Chord in.)
>
>Bard 8/Sublime Chord 2/Divine Crusader 2/Mystic Theurge 8
>
>And would it be good? Does it avoid the major Theurge flaw of needing
>two primary spellcasting stats?

Well, except that Sublime Chord requires you to be 10th level (13 ranks
in some skills, I believe), and Divine Crusader requires BAB +7... it's
pretty darned hard to accomplish. Try Ur-Priest instead of Divine
Crusader...

Donald

David

"Donald Tsang" <tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote in message
> Jack Rudd <jackkelshallrudd@aol.com> wrote:
>>Would this be a valid class combo? (I don't have the book with Sublime
>>Chord in.)
>>
>>Bard 8/Sublime Chord 2/Divine Crusader 2/Mystic Theurge 8
>>
>>And would it be good? Does it avoid the major Theurge flaw of needing
>>two primary spellcasting stats?
>
> Well, except that Sublime Chord requires you to be 10th level (13 ranks
> in some skills, I believe), and Divine Crusader requires BAB +7... it's
> pretty darned hard to accomplish. Try Ur-Priest instead of Divine
> Crusader...

Where is he getting the second level divine spells that are prereqs for MT?

David

David <caissaintp@adelphia.net> wrote:
>Donald Tsang <tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>> Jack Rudd <jackkelshallrudd@aol.com> wrote:
>>>Would this be a valid class combo? (I don't have the book with Sublime
>>>Chord in.)
>>>
>>>Bard 8/Sublime Chord 2/Divine Crusader 2/Mystic Theurge 8
>>>
>>>And would it be good? Does it avoid the major Theurge flaw of needing
>>>two primary spellcasting stats?
>>
>> Well, except that Sublime Chord requires you to be 10th level (13 ranks
>> in some skills, I believe), and Divine Crusader requires BAB +7... it's
>> pretty darned hard to accomplish. Try Ur-Priest instead of Divine
>> Crusader...
>
>Where is he getting the second level divine spells that are prereqs for MT?

Ur-Priest grants divine spells. A second level Ur-Priest gets
second level "cleric" spells. Theoretically, you can go Bard 8 /
Ur-Priest 2 / Sublime Chord 1 / Mystic Theurge 9, since your Bard
levels give you access to 3rd level Arcane spells.

If you can Wish for Druidic as a language, You can even go Bard 7 /
Rogue-or-Monk-or-Shadowdancer 2 / Ur-Priest 1 / Sublime Chord 1 /
Fochlucan Lyrist 9.

Donald

> If you can Wish for Druidic as a language, You can even go Bard 7 /
> Rogue-or-Monk-or-Shadowdancer 2 / Ur-Priest 1 / Sublime Chord 1 /
> Fochlucan Lyrist 9.

Use Dominate on a low level Druid and make him teach you.

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,