MSI NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460

novice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
somehow i cannot install the new driver (Nvidia driver 41.07) of this card into the WinXP Home Edition...does anybody have this problem? please help! thank you

I try to smile everyday but I can't... :smile:

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
explain WHY you cant. what does windows say when you try? wat error messages come up? and what version are you using now? goto device manager under system properties, and look at your display adapters properties to see wat driver version

im thinking that you might gave to uninstall your existing drivers first.. dunno its been a few years sinse ive owned a Nvidia card

tell me this, then maybe we can help you

novice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
oh the incompatible message of winxp pop-up (STop the installation or else the system will be instable and blah blah)...

I try to smile everyday but I can't... :smile:

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
Are you refering to Xp's warning that "this driver is not WHQL certified...". If so, ignore it it if the driver is from a known source (MSI, NVIDIA...). It only means that the Microsoft labs haven't tested it extensively to ensure that it will not have any software/hardware conflicts.

The aim of military training is not just to prepare men for battle, but to make them long for it. <A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=327&s" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>