Academic Retail Pro Upgrade version

Karlsbad

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002
Hi,

You know how for 2000 if you had a 98 cd you could do a full install on a new drive with the upgrade version.... Can you get away with that on XP with a 2000 cd?

What about this Academic version, is that going to be the whole deal or will I have to buy it again if I want the whole thing lol? Like maybe only being able to activate it once or some such nonsense?

<A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=windows+XP+academic" target="_new"> 80 bucks at newgg </A>

<font color=red> Committed to excellence, willing to make do with high average, able to get by on mediocrity in a pinch. </font color=red>

Karlsbad

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2002
OK so it seems like I can do a full install on a clean hard drive, what about the Academic version?

<font color=red> Committed to excellence, willing to make do with high average, able to get by on mediocrity in a pinch. </font color=red>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
No you can't, microsoft tried to make things harder on us.

Edit: Nvm my previous post, i thought u ment installing via the 98cd. about the academic version, i beleive it doesn't have any restrictions, however i think you must be a student to purchase it.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by pIII_man on 04/15/03 02:22 AM.</EM></FONT></P>