[deck] Assamite try

[META] I have decided to list the seven decks I am running, as well as
another I just thought of that actually uses a few more recent cards in
it. I don't have the time like I used to to really work on decks. More
importantly, I dont' have time to learn the new cards so as to
incorporate them into my decks. So I am going to lean on the group some
here to hopefully make my decks better, and also pick up some new tech
and be able to use some of the new cards in my decks. I will be listing
these decks in order of how much work I think they need. As a note, I
used FELDB to do these decks. Very nice, but it does leave the deck
lists not alphabetical. [/META]

Deck Name: Assamite try
Created By: shorb
went south. I feel like my celerity combat module is weak, or maybe
missing something, and my Quietus half of my combat is loooong chain
indeed. I could use some focus in both of those areas - any
suggestions?

I think blood clots combined with Foul Blood could be a very funny
deck. Should I just go with a weenie qui deck?

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 16, Max: 31, Avg: 5.91)
2 Parnassus aus tha CEL QUI 7 Assamite
1 Harika Guljan QUI 3 Assamite
1 Yazid Tamari ani dom obf CEL QUI 8 Assamite
1 Akram pot pre CEL QUI 8 Brujah
1 Fatima al-Faqadi aus for CEL OBF QUI 8 Assamite
2 Jalal Sayad pot CEL QUI 6 Assamite
1 Anwar cel obf qui 4 Assamite
1 Parmenides qui CEL 4 Assamite
2 Abd al-Rashid obf CEL QUI 5 Assamite

Library: (88 cards)
-------------------
Master (12 cards)
1 Alamut
3 Blood Doll
3 Fame
1 Humanitas
1 KRCG News Radio
1 Market Square
2 Path of Blood, The

Action (18 cards)
6 Clandestine Contract
4 Computer Hacking
2 Flurry of Action
6 Blood Clots

Combat (53 cards)
7 Blur
6 Flash
4 Khabar: Honor, The
4 Psyche!
3 Sideslip
7 Taste of Vitae
5 Wave of Lethargy
1 Weakness
4 Dagon`s Call
6 Thin Blood
3 Scorpion`s Touch
3 Taste of Death

Equipment (2 cards)
1 Ancestor`s Talisman, The
1 Kali`s Fang

Combo (3 cards)
3 Provision of the Silsila

This deck was last saved at 12:24:38 AM on 4/1/05

--
chris shorb

Chris Shorb wrote:
> Deck Name: Assamite try
> Created By: shorb

www.thepathofblood.com

You'll get a lot more input there.

Jeff

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:47:24 GMT, Chris Shorb <chriss@vtesinla.org> wrote:

> Deck Name: Assamite try
> Created By: shorb
> went south. I feel like my celerity combat module is weak, or maybe
> missing something, and my Quietus half of my combat is loooong chain
> indeed. I could use some focus in both of those areas - any
> suggestions?

You have six contracts for 53 combat cards. Not enough, IMHO.

> I think blood clots combined with Foul Blood could be a very funny
> deck. Should I just go with a weenie qui deck?
>
> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 16, Max: 31, Avg: 5.91)
> 2 Parnassus aus tha CEL QUI 7 Assamite
> 1 Harika Guljan QUI 3 Assamite
> 1 Yazid Tamari ani dom obf CEL QUI 8 Assamite
> 1 Akram pot pre CEL QUI 8 Brujah
> 1 Fatima al-Faqadi aus for CEL OBF QUI 8 Assamite
> 2 Jalal Sayad pot CEL QUI 6 Assamite
> 1 Anwar cel obf qui 4 Assamite
> 1 Parmenides qui CEL 4 Assamite
> 2 Abd al-Rashid obf CEL QUI 5 Assamite
>
> Library: (88 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (12 cards)
> 1 Alamut
> 3 Blood Doll
> 3 Fame
> 1 Humanitas
> 1 KRCG News Radio
> 1 Market Square
> 2 Path of Blood, The

I would probably drop a Path and axe the intercept (offence is
the best defence), maybe add some regular contracts?

I had a similar Assamite deck that started like this:

5 Blood Doll
5 Contract
3 Fame

> Action (18 cards)
> 6 Clandestine Contract
> 4 Computer Hacking
> 2 Flurry of Action
> 6 Blood Clots

I kind of feel that Blood Clots, while not being a terrible card, really
needs a deck being built upon it. So I'd axe about 4-6 (it may be good
as a surprise effect every now and then, but you are generally better off
with enter combat or bleed cards).

Flurry of Action is quite good if you can beat your prey in combat.
Works best with +bleed minions, though.

> Combat (53 cards)
> 7 Blur
> 6 Flash
> 4 Khabar: Honor, The
> 4 Psyche!
> 3 Sideslip
> 7 Taste of Vitae
> 5 Wave of Lethargy
> 1 Weakness
> 4 Dagon`s Call
> 6 Thin Blood
> 3 Scorpion`s Touch
> 3 Taste of Death

Awfully lot of combat cards for what seems to be a perky but notably
undevastating combat package. You'd probably be better off with
something like this:

8 Pursuit
12 Flash
20 Blood Sweat