[deck] Samedi try

[META] I have decided to list the seven decks I am running, as well as
another I just thought of that actually uses a few more recent cards in
it. I don't have the time like I used to to really work on decks. More
importantly, I dont' have time to learn the new cards so as to
incorporate them into my decks. So I am going to lean on the group some
here to hopefully make my decks better, and also pick up some new tech
and be able to use some of the new cards in my decks. I will be listing
these decks in order of how much work I think they need. As a note, I
used FELDB to do these decks. Very nice, but it does leave the deck
lists not alphabetical. [/META]

Deck Name: Samedi try
Created By: shorb
sort of toolboxy elsewhere. But maybe it doesn't have enough stealth?
I think it's also supposed to fight. This deck really needs help. I
don't want to turbo Baron, and I really want to use thanatosis cards as
much as possible.

I would really like to fit 2 more Traps, 4 Wakes, 1 more Regenerative
Blood, and 4 Harrass in there. But what to remove. Any and all
comments welcome.

Crypt: (13 cards, Min: 8, Max: 34, Avg: 5.69)
2 Baron dom FOR NEC OBF THN 9 Samedi
2 Jorge De La Muerte cel for nec OBF THN 7 Samedi
2 Reg Driscoll aus for pre OBF THN 8 Samedi
3 George Frederick nec obf FOR THN 6 Samedi
1 March Halcyon for 1 Pander
1 Rufina Soledad for 2 Ventrue
1 Giuliano Vincenzi for 2 Gangrel
1 Lazar Dobrescu for 3 Ravnos

Library: (89 cards)
-------------------
Master (17 cards)
2 Coroner`s Contact
1 Direct Intervention
2 Dirty Contract
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Fear of Mekhet
2 Fortitude
5 Minion Tap
1 Regenerative Blood
1 Society of Leopold
1 Sudden Reversal

Action (22 cards)
2 Daemonic Possession
3 Force of Will
5 Masochism
6 Rapid Healing
6 Regeneration

Action Modifier (13 cards)
10 Freak Drive
1 Lost in Crowds
1 Faceless Night
1 Cloak the Gathering

Combat (32 cards)
6 Ashes to Ashes
3 Compress
4 Rolling with the Punches
6 Trap
3 Undead Persistence
2 Unflinching Persistence
8 Withering

Equipment (2 cards)
2 Laptop Computer

Combo (3 cards)
3 Swallowed by the Night

This deck was last saved at 11:00:04 PM on 3/31/05

--
chris shorb

hi....

i'll compare your deck with my own samedi trap deck, okay??? it's been
quite fun to play up to now, and qualified me to the continentals last
year.

> Crypt: (13 cards, Min: 8, Max: 34, Avg: 5.69)
> ------------------------------­---------------
> 2 Baron dom FOR NEC OBF THN 9 Samedi
> 2 Jorge De La Muerte cel for nec OBF THN 7 Samedi
> 2 Reg Driscoll aus for pre OBF THN 8 Samedi
> 3 George Frederick nec obf FOR THN 6 Samedi
> 1 March Halcyon for 1 Pander
> 1 Rufina Soledad for 2 Ventrue
> 1 Giuliano Vincenzi for 2 Gangrel
> 1 Lazar Dobrescu for 3 Ravnos

well, almost a third of your cypt can't use thanatosis. that's the
first issue. if you're going through this anyway, why not add
lithrac??? my crypt carries 3 Lithrac, 3 George Frederick, 3 Baron, 2
Reg and 2 Jorge. maybe not the best,but at least all cards are usable
by all vamps. (exception to necromancy....). also, you risk starting
your game with nothing but weenie for in your uncontrolled.

> Library: (89 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (17 cards)
> 2 Coroner`s Contact
> 1 Direct Intervention
> 2 Dirty Contract
> 1 Dreams of the Sphinx
> 1 Fear of Mekhet
> 2 Fortitude
> 5 Minion Tap
> 1 Regenerative Blood
> 1 Society of Leopold
> 1 Sudden Reversal

even though the idea of the contract is interesting, haven uncovered
would be better. it would allow all your vamps rush the target, instead
of just one of them. everything else is fine here, imo. :) perhaps pull
out one of the minion taps (or two, if you get to use Anthelios as
well) to include nec skills.

> Action (22 cards)
> 2 Daemonic Possession
> 3 Force of Will
> 5 Masochism
> 6 Rapid Healing
> 6 Regeneration

fine, even though not perfect. daemonic possession is a bit cornercase,
force of will will send you into torpor...rapid healing will be only
good if you get to untap your minion after force of will'ing.
regeneration is good for blood gain and would help you with the minion
taps, but you're risking being diablerized more often than not. since
you're using a bit of necromancy anyway, i'd suggest putting some
divine signs in this section, perhaps lowering the number of RH and
Regen to 4 of each, and then 4 DS.

>Action Modifier (13 cards)
> 10 Freak Drive
> 1 Lost in Crowds
> 1 Faceless Night
> 1 Cloak the Gathering

10 freak drives??? wow...i wish i had enough of these to use that
amount in every for deck i have.... great stuff, anyway. the stealth
here is a bit compromised though. perhaps lowering your FD to 8 (or 7
if you don't mind odd # of cards), and add either one more of each of
these cards, or go to another approach. i'd only use cloak the
gathering...4 of them. (and then, 7 FD)

> Combat (32 cards)
> 6 Ashes to Ashes
> 3 Compress
> 4 Rolling with the Punches
> 6 Trap
> 3 Undead Persistence
> 2 Unflinching Persistence
> 8 Withering

6 ashes??? isn't it a bit too much "flee" to a combat deck??? i'd leave
2 in, just in case, but focus on doing the damage instead of escaping..
compress is too expensive, specially since you can use molotov cocktail
just as well once you trap your opponent.

my take:
6 withering
6 trap
6 molotov cocktail
4 rolling with the punches
4 unflinching persistance (maneuvers!!!!!)
6 skin of night (to reset the trap, mostly)

quite a one-trick pony, but scary after the first two or three vampires
burn...

> Equipment (2 cards)
> 2 Laptop Computer

extra bleed. nothign to add. perhaps a bloodstone, or some other
intercept equipment/retainers/whatever, jsut so you can at least
attempt to protect yourself. maybe the sargon fragment to ease the
recovery of cards and also grant NEC to someone.

>Combo (3 cards)
> 3 Swallowed by the Night

again, if you go about using necromancy, i'd say you could add spectral
divination. a bit extra stealth and a bit extra intercept, which are
both always useful.

hope it helps
cheers
Luciano "Baital" de Sampaio