[deck] Dementate Stealth Bleed

[META] I have decided to list the seven decks I am running, as well as
another I just thought of that actually uses a few more recent cards in
it. I don't have the time like I used to to really work on decks. More
importantly, I dont' have time to learn the new cards so as to
incorporate them into my decks. So I am going to lean on the group some
here to hopefully make my decks better, and also pick up some new tech
and be able to use some of the new cards in my decks. I will be listing
these decks in order of how much work I think they need. As a note, I
used FELDB to do these decks. Very nice, but it does leave the deck
lists not alphabetical. [/META]

Deck Name: Dementate Stealth Bleed
Created By: shorb
dementation. Originally, it was built for Rapid Thought, with no Blood
Dolls in it and pared down some. I have Lunatic Eruptions in there for
fun, but I imagine that putting in Revelations would be better. Also, I
tend to have too much combat, and can't cycle it fast enough. Finally,
I have 84 cards. I either want to trim it to 80 cards, or buff it up to
90 cards. What should I put in or take out?

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 13, Max: 29, Avg: 5.25)
1 Boy Toy dem 2 Malkavian
Antitribu
1 Yorik dem obf 3 Malkavian
Antitribu
1 Claven aus dem obf 4 Malkavian
Antitribu
1 Idalia dem AUS 4 Malkavian
Antitribu
1 Adelaide Davis aus dem obf 4 Malkavian
1 Persia aus obf DEM 5 Malkavian
1 Dolphin Black AUS DEM OBF 6 Malkavian
Antitribu
1 Artemis aus cel for DEM OBF 6 Malkavian
Antitribu
3 Korah ani AUS DEM OBF 7 Malkavian
Antitribu
1 Anatole dom for AUS DEM OBF 8 Malkavian

Library: (84 cards)
-------------------
Master (11 cards)
2 Sudden Reversal
2 Blood Doll
1 Institution Hunting Ground
1 Hungry Coyote, The
2 Dementation
3 Obfuscate

Action (16 cards)
2 Call, The
3 Lunatic Eruption
10 Kindred Spirits
1 Revelations

Action Modifier (27 cards)
1 Change of Target
1 Eyes of Chaos
1 Patterns in the Chaos
5 Confusion
5 Cloak the Gathering
6 Lost in Crowds
4 Faceless Night
2 Elder Impersonation
2 Marked Path

Reaction (12 cards)
5 Wake with Evening`s Freshness
3 Telepathic Misdirection
4 My Enemy`s Enemy

Combat (12 cards)
3 Dodge
1 Fake Out
3 Coma
2 Behind You!
3 Read Intentions

Combo (6 cards)
6 Swallowed by the Night

This deck was last saved at 9:42:58 PM on 3/31/05

--
chris shorb

Deck Looks OK. I think you have a bit too much stealth. The tendency
when playing against these decks is to just stop blocking and hope for
a hand jam. Given that, I would take, say, 3 Lost in the Crowd and look
to put in three Lear Jets. This way if your Prey stops blocking you
and no one is in combat with you, you can cycle away those cards and
get to more bleed cards.

Combat is a weakness with this deck. If you find yourself with a lot of
minions in torpor, I would suggest looking to put in 1 Humanitas and 1
Catacombs to allow you to start recovering your lose minions at a
discount. I think you crypt is small enough that you need some
Effective Managements. I would look to take out the 2 Sudden Reversals
and the two Blood Dolls to add 4 Effective Managements.

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:52:09 GMT, Chris Shorb <chriss@vtesinla.org>
wrote:

>[META] I have decided to list the seven decks I am running, as well as
>another I just thought of that actually uses a few more recent cards in
>it. I don't have the time like I used to to really work on decks. More
>importantly, I dont' have time to learn the new cards so as to
>incorporate them into my decks. So I am going to lean on the group some
>here to hopefully make my decks better, and also pick up some new tech
>and be able to use some of the new cards in my decks. I will be listing
>these decks in order of how much work I think they need. As a note, I
>used FELDB to do these decks. Very nice, but it does leave the deck
>lists not alphabetical. [/META]
>
>Deck Name: Dementate Stealth Bleed
>Created By: shorb
>dementation. Originally, it was built for Rapid Thought, with no Blood
>Dolls in it and pared down some. I have Lunatic Eruptions in there for
>fun, but I imagine that putting in Revelations would be better. Also, I
>tend to have too much combat, and can't cycle it fast enough. Finally,
>I have 84 cards. I either want to trim it to 80 cards, or buff it up to
>90 cards. What should I put in or take out?

To make it a more efficient cheese deck?

>Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 13, Max: 29, Avg: 5.25)
> 1 Boy Toy dem 2 Malkavian
>Antitribu
> 1 Yorik dem obf 3 Malkavian
>Antitribu
> 1 Claven aus dem obf 4 Malkavian
>Antitribu
> 1 Idalia dem AUS 4 Malkavian
>Antitribu
> 1 Adelaide Davis aus dem obf 4 Malkavian
> 1 Persia aus obf DEM 5 Malkavian
> 1 Dolphin Black AUS DEM OBF 6 Malkavian
>Antitribu
> 1 Artemis aus cel for DEM OBF 6 Malkavian
>Antitribu
> 3 Korah ani AUS DEM OBF 7 Malkavian
>Antitribu
> 1 Anatole dom for AUS DEM OBF 8 Malkavian

The extra Korahs give you unnecessary bad crypt draw possibilities.
Boy Toy is broken but only if used right. You'd really rather have
someone who also had Obfuscate. I'd ditch Idalia too. There's not
exactly a shortage of other crypt options with some level of Dem, some
level of Obf, and possibly AUS.

>Library: (84 cards)
>-------------------
>Master (11 cards)
> 2 Sudden Reversal
> 2 Blood Doll
> 1 Institution Hunting Ground
> 1 Hungry Coyote, The
> 2 Dementation
> 3 Obfuscate

Hunting Ground and Coyote should go. The Coven, Perfectionist could
replace. Only the former is likely to be necessary. Ditch all of the
skill cards and replace with good masters - Dreams, et al.

>Action (16 cards)
> 2 Call, The
> 3 Lunatic Eruption
> 10 Kindred Spirits
> 1 Revelations

I'd lose The Call as being unnecessarily passive (people should want
you dead quick so you might as well bleed constantly). Revelations is
an action not spent bleeding for 2-3. One Lunatic Eruption might
swing a game. Take a cue from the sleaze decks I see in European
tournaments and run Restructure. Could always run Aranthebes.
Madman's Quill is more punch in one shot.

>Action Modifier (27 cards)
> 1 Change of Target
> 1 Eyes of Chaos
> 1 Patterns in the Chaos
> 5 Confusion
> 5 Cloak the Gathering
> 6 Lost in Crowds
> 4 Faceless Night
> 2 Elder Impersonation
> 2 Marked Path

Ditch Patterns as being a card that doesn't: increase bleeds,
increase stealth. I'm no fan of Marked Path, but whatever.

>Reaction (12 cards)
> 5 Wake with Evening`s Freshness
> 3 Telepathic Misdirection
> 4 My Enemy`s Enemy

Not enough Wakes and the Enemys should be TMs.

>Combat (12 cards)
> 3 Dodge
> 1 Fake Out
> 3 Coma
> 2 Behind You!
> 3 Read Intentions

I'd do something like x6 Gemini's Mirror, x2 Zip Gun, x2 Vanish From
Mind's Eye or something for a boring, prayerish combat defense
package. For a particular metagame, whatever, maybe no combat cards
at all.

>Combo (6 cards)
> 6 Swallowed by the Night
>
>This deck was last saved at 9:42:58 PM on 3/31/05

Denys? Actually, they remove the reason for Vanish.

Any sabbat heavy deck should almost always have Hungry Coyote.

Perhaps 1-2 Dive into Madness?

Gemini's Mirror is a good idea.

If your metagame is pretty combat heavy, Reality Mirror is always a fun
card. :)