[deck] Toreador Unblockable Voter

[META] I have decided to list the seven decks I am running, as well as
another I just thought of that actually uses a few more recent cards in
it. I don't have the time like I used to to really work on decks. More
importantly, I dont' have time to learn the new cards so as to
incorporate them into my decks. So I am going to lean on the group some
here to hopefully make my decks better, and also pick up some new tech
and be able to use some of the new cards in my decks. I will be listing
these decks in order of how much work I think they need. As a note, I
used FELDB to do these decks. Very nice, but it does leave the deck
lists not alphabetical. [/META]

Deck Name: Toreador Unblockable Voter
Created By: shorb
towards the end with the Enchants. But until then, only enchant down.
I probably should put in another Alexandra, just because her ability
with the Grand Ball is just sweeeeet. Don't know who I would take out -
she's so darn big.

Flash/Majesty is awesome. Before I shuffle, I make sure to put those
two cards together, so they hopefully will come up together. If you do
get overwhelmed by rush, golconda and come back again for more later.

Misdirections are both for bounce and casual intercept when necessary.

Ousting is by votes, and then by leaning bleeds with Annabelle kicking
things off.

This deck isn't too focused, but it is toolboxy sort of. Any
suggestions for improvement is welcome.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 21, Max: 40, Avg: 7.91)
4 Annabelle Triabell dom for AUS CEL PRE 9 Toreador
1 Michael Luther aus pre 4 Toreador
1 Antoinette cel obf AUS PRE 6 Toreador
1 Francois Villon chi obf pot AUS CEL PRE 10 Toreador
1 Alexandra dom ANI AUS CEL PRE 11 Toreador
1 Barth aus cel PRE 5 Toreador
1 Victoria Ash aus cel dom PRE 6 Toreador
1 Madame Guil for pot ser AUS CEL PRE 10 Toreador
1 Ira Rivers ani pre AUS CEL 7 Toreador

Library: (88 cards)
-------------------
Master (27 cards)
3 Parthenon, The
2 Presence
3 Toreador Grand Ball
1 Society Hunting Ground
1 Art Museum
6 Minion Tap
5 Aching Beauty
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Giant`s Blood
3 Golconda: Inner Peace

Action (14 cards)
8 Enchant Kindred
1 Entrancement
3 Third Tradition: Progeny, The
2 Embrace, The

Action Modifier (6 cards)
3 Awe
3 Voter Captivation

Political Action (10 cards)
2 Kine Resources Contested
2 Consanguineous Boon
1 Rumors of Gehenna
2 Parity Shift
1 Praxis Seizure: Dublin
1 Praxis Seizure: Stockholm
1 Toreador Justicar

Reaction (14 cards)
8 Telepathic Misdirection
6 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (17 cards)
8 Flash
9 Majesty

This deck was last saved at 11:52:45 PM on 3/31/05

--
chris shorb

I can't stress how good Anthelios, the Red Star is in a deck like this.
Even if they get rid of your Grand Ball, EVERY turn you can get it
back. So you get 1 unblockable non-bleed action per turn.

HUGE

-johnmeier

Chris Shorb wrote:
> Flash/Majesty is awesome. Before I shuffle, I make sure to put those
> two cards together, so they hopefully will come up together.

Also called "stacking your deck". If you aren't shuffling your deck
enough to completely randomize your deck, then you aren't shuffling
enough. Depending on whether or not you are shuffling sufficiently,
putting these cards together beforehand is either a waste of time or
cheating.

> Master (27 cards)
> 3 Toreador Grand Ball
> 5 Aching Beauty

There's no good synergy between these, and Aching Beauty is awfully
expensive. I suggest ditching most if not all the Aching Beauties,
replacing them with Life in the City, and adding two copies of
Anthelios.

Honestly, this deck is pretty rough. You have a number of cards related
to voting and to making sure people don't block your votes, but your
deck contains a total of 4 votes that actually do something to your
Prey: 2 Parity Shifts and 2 KRCs. The parity shifts themselves will
only be useful if you have less pool than your prey does (unless you
want to Parity Shift someone else) and with 6 Minion Taps and some
Voter Cap action, you are likely to have more pool than everyone.

We have to start somewhere, so lets start with your master cards.I will
take the other posters advice and add a Anthelios to the deck, along
with one Fortschritt Library to go get it. I recommend taking out all
of the Parthenons (if you really needed them you should have played
with Anson anyway) all of the skill cards, one of the Grand Balls, the
Giant's Blood, and three of the Aching Beauties, and all of the
Golcondas. That leaves something like:
6 Minion Taps
2 Torreador Grand Balls
1 Hunting Ground
1 Art Museum
2 Aching Beauties
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Elysium: the Arboretum

That's 15 Master Cards and that should be plenty. Now, let's go over
the crypt:
I think this deck could use more Alexanderas, so let's say we have 3 of
those, 2 Madame Guils, 2 Fluerdumals, 2 Francois Villon, Isabel De
Leon, Emerson Wilkershire III, Yvette the Hopeless. That gives 9 Titled
Vamps, and 3 weenies to take to the Ball.

So, since all of our big voters have the appropriate title, lets get
rid of all votes that give titles and focus on doing cool stuff that
kills people. Since I am going to focus on a pure vote deck and not
worry about bleeding, let's take out the 8 Enchant Kindreds. Let's go
to 7 Voter Caps (if not more) and say that we will never need to fear
of want of pool, and 2 Bewitching Orations to go with them. Let's add 2
Archons to the deck as they complement the Aching Beauties (people have
to pay to block you) and you can call a referendum to remove the title
in a pinch if you have a Voter Cap with no vote (same with the
Arboretum if no one is playing Camarilla).

Now, the other votes, how about 2 Domain Challenges, 4 KRCs, 2
Conservative Agitations, 2 First Tradition: the Masquerade (it bleeds
the table for 6 and you should have pool running out your ears), 2
Parity Shifts, 1 Ancient Influence, 1 Reigns of Power with the 2
Archons for 16 Votes.

So 15 Masters.
2 Bewitching, 3 Awe and 7 Voter Caps for 12 AMs.
16 Votes
5 Baby Making Actions
1 Entracement
16 Votes

That leaves us with 25 Slots left. Lets go with 10 Majesties and 5
Telepathic Misdirections, 6 Second Tradition: Domain and 4 Telepathic
Counters.

It's still pretty rough, but workable.

"Chris Shorb wrote:
> Flash/Majesty is awesome. Before I shuffle, I make sure to put those
> two cards together, so they hopefully will come up together.

Also called "stacking your deck". If you aren't shuffling your deck
enough to completely randomize your deck, then you aren't shuffling
enough. Depending on whether or not you are shuffling sufficiently,
putting these cards together beforehand is either a waste of time or
cheating. "

Yea, I have to agree that putting Flash and Majesty together is deck
stacking. What's worse, it's deck stacking that really doesn't
accomplish much. Sure, you manuevered to long and ended combat: how
exactly is that better than just ending combat at close range (which
requires fewer cards and no deck stacking). Sure, someone MIGHT have an
Immortal Grapple, but that nots going to happen all that often. If you
are really paranoid about, but 3 disengages in the deck and call it a
day.

Every deck has a vulnerability. IG is a weakness for this one. It could
expend resources trying to make itself less vulnerable, but all that is
going to do is keep it from doing what it is supposed to do (in this
case vote/bloat/deflect) as well as it could.

On 1 Apr 2005 14:21:43 -0800, "Preston" <prestonpoulter@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Chris Shorb wrote:
>> Flash/Majesty is awesome. Before I shuffle, I make sure to put those
>> two cards together, so they hopefully will come up together.
>
>Also called "stacking your deck". If you aren't shuffling your deck
>enough to completely randomize your deck, then you aren't shuffling
>enough. Depending on whether or not you are shuffling sufficiently,
>putting these cards together beforehand is either a waste of time or
>cheating. "
>
>Yea, I have to agree that putting Flash and Majesty together is deck
>stacking. What's worse, it's deck stacking that really doesn't
>accomplish much. Sure, you manuevered to long and ended combat: how
>exactly is that better than just ending combat at close range (which
>requires fewer cards and no deck stacking). Sure, someone MIGHT have an
>Immortal Grapple, but that nots going to happen all that often. If you
>are really paranoid about, but 3 disengages in the deck and call it a
>day.

It is if you're playing "John" online, and he's got his Ventrue
Antitribu deck. Watching Donal O'Conner go from 8 blood to Torpor in
the first combat via 2 Immortal Grapples = not good. Doesn't help my
hand is un-good.

Morgan Vening
- Not bitter.

Chris Shorb wrote:

> Deck Name: Toreador Unblockable Voter
> Created By: shorb
> towards the end with the Enchants. But until then, only enchant
down.

I have a similar Annabelle deck myself (in that, it votes/bleeds with
her ability and a few princes+lots of weenies).

> Flash/Majesty is awesome.

I guess. That's a lot of card slots though that could better go
towards ousting your prey.

> Library: (88 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (27 cards)
> 3 Parthenon, The
> 2 Presence
> 3 Toreador Grand Ball
> 1 Society Hunting Ground
> 1 Art Museum
> 6 Minion Tap
> 5 Aching Beauty
> 2 Dreams of the Sphinx
> 1 Giant`s Blood
> 3 Golconda: Inner Peace

I'd pick one; either grand balls or aching beauty, and build around
that. I don't think you need the presence cards either, so thats 5
masters saved right there. Drop a few parthenon and add rumours of
gehenna and thats another slot saved.

> Action (14 cards)
> 8 Enchant Kindred
> 1 Entrancement
> 3 Third Tradition: Progeny, The
> 2 Embrace, The

Fine, mine runs 6 embrace (they're faster) and some aires of elation
instead of enchants.

> Action Modifier (6 cards)
> 3 Awe
> 3 Voter Captivation

More. You're running 6 taps and may never have more than a few titles
in play unless you get your praxis called. Say 3 lobbies, 3
bewitching, and +3 voter cap.

> Political Action (10 cards)
> 2 Kine Resources Contested
> 2 Consanguineous Boon
> 1 Rumors of Gehenna
> 2 Parity Shift
> 1 Praxis Seizure: Dublin
> 1 Praxis Seizure: Stockholm
> 1 Toreador Justicar

If you're going to cal the justicar, drop madame guil and play
fleurdumal instead. Has all 3 superiors you want and doesn't contest
the justicar title. And o yeah, comes out in 2 turns for 2 less pool.

Need way more krc and boons imo. I run 8 and 5/6 iirc. Synergize with
your hordes!

> Reaction (14 cards)
> 8 Telepathic Misdirection
> 6 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Good.

> Combat (17 cards)
> 8 Flash
> 9 Majesty

Excessive. Drop the flash. Turn those into krcs and boons.

Whoops. I have a tendency to come out strong in games. That isn't so
good when Tariq rushes you cross table (another game) or the Tremere
Anti-tribu burn your 4-cap. It will come back to haunt me.

- "John"

The Parthenon is important with Toreador Grand Ball and Anthelios. It
allows you to retrieve the TGB *and* play it in the same Master phase.

-johnmeier

Chris Shorb wrote:

> Combat (17 cards)
> 8 Flash
> 9 Majesty

I think Preston is right on the Disengage Chris, look into it:

Disengage
Type: Combat
Do not replace until after combat.
Press, only usable to end combat. Alternatively, burn 1 blood to cancel
a grapple card (such as Immortal Grapple or Mighty Grapple) as it is
played (no cost is paid for that card).

Rarity: KMW:C

Dean