[deck] Group 2-3 Nos Prince fighter

[META] I have decided to list the seven decks I am running, as well as
another I just thought of that actually uses a few more recent cards in
it. I don't have the time like I used to to really work on decks. More
importantly, I dont' have time to learn the new cards so as to
incorporate them into my decks. So I am going to lean on the group some
here to hopefully make my decks better, and also pick up some new tech
and be able to use some of the new cards in my decks. I will be listing
these decks in order of how much work I think they need. As a note, I
used FELDB to do these decks. Very nice, but it does leave the deck
lists not alphabetical. [/META]

Deck Name: Group 2-3 Nos Prince fighter
Created By: shorb
usually can bring good fight with the potence, and with the splash of
for, it hangs in with aggro poke. Princes and Cock give it voting
prowess, and then the goal is to breed babies and overwhelm. My only
problem is that it tends to be slow in tournament games, and of course
can't handle bounce or huge stealth. I think I will drop the Relentless
Pursuit and put in an inter-loc - leaning towards KRCG just because it
seems the most useful, but WMRH probably won't contest as often.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 17, Max: 34, Avg: 6.41)
1 Murat ser OBF POT 7 Nosferatu
3 Nikolaus Vermeulen ani for obf POT 7 Nosferatu
1 Gerard Rafin ani for OBF POT 6 Nosferatu
1 Amelia ani obf POT 5 Nosferatu
2 Cock Robin aus for ANI OBF POT 10 Nosferatu
3 Wolfgang for obf pot 4 Nosferatu
1 Alonzo Guillen ani for pot OBF 6 Nosferatu

Library: (84 cards)
-------------------
Master (16 cards)
2 Blood Doll
1 Fame
3 Tribute to the Master
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Sudden Reversal
1 Direct Intervention
2 Fortitude
5 Potence

Action (14 cards)
1 Ambush
4 Bum`s Rush
1 Harass
1 Army of Rats
5 Third Tradition: Progeny, The
1 Fifth Tradition: Hospitality, The
1 Rampage

Action Modifier (4 cards)
4 Freak Drive

Political Action (3 cards)
1 Nosferatu Justicar
1 Banishment
1 Praxis Seizure: Venice

Reaction (8 cards)
8 Second Tradition: Domain, The

Combat (36 cards)
1 Decapitate
8 Taste of Vitae
6 Torn Signpost
2 Thrown Sewer Lid
9 Immortal Grapple
9 Undead Strength
1 Relentless Pursuit

Combo (3 cards)
3 Swallowed by the Night

This deck was last saved at 10:31:52 PM on 3/31/05

--
chris shorb

Chris Shorb wrote:
I really like Cock Robin and would use 3 of him, dropping Murat. That
said...

Not so keen on the Tributes. I'd make them all Dolls. And what's with
all the Fortitude Masters? You have exactly 4 Fortitude cards here.
Either boost the number of Fortitude cards or drop those Masters. I'd
like to see The Labyrinth and a KRCG, possibly a Hunting Ground as
well.

You have 6 extra slots to fill out 90 cards. Make them all KRCs.

I'd also try to find room for 2 Raven Spies. Cock Robin gets a free
untap with those and it's good permacept.

Jeff

I posted a Nosferatu deck a week ago that had princes but used
Anathemas, Archons, and Red List to complement the combat. I think
those cards would be stronger than KRC.

Also, if you go with 3 Cock Robins, I would look at dropping the
Justicar vote and adding a Temptation of Greater Power.

I would really like to thank those of you (esp Preston) who looked at my
decks with new eyes. A lot of the stuff in there I didn't notice due to
familiarity or whatever.

Also, I realized that I am not prey-focused enough - I get too caught up in
the "high" concept of the deck, and then try to protect that deck (which
explains why my stealth bleed decks don't do so well). It also got me to
thinking about the ways in which I build decks. I see a bunch of weenies
with pot/aus, and think "hey, I should make a deck with those guys." It's
not necessarily the best way to win, but it fulfills some V:TES need in me
that has to see a weenie pot/aus deck do ok.

I will take all of your advice and suggestions back into the laboratory and
see what comes out.

best -

chris

Chris Shorb wrote:

[snip deck]

--
chris shorb

Hey Chris,

Glad you liked what I had to say. I used to fall into the trap of
imagining how my deck would ideally work and then adding cards to
defend it against other perceived threats. The problem is that adding
purely defensive cards that only work against rather specific threats
blunts the decks purpose and in general makes it less effective in most
cases. I then came to realize that, in CCGs, a good offense is the best
defense and to start to focus decks on just on succeeding at their
goal. If I found that a certain deck was vulnerable to another form of
deck that was popular, then I would tend to just switch to a different
deck that did better against the popular deck then allow a focused deck
to lose focus.

I've also come to realize that many people seem to lack the necessary
discipline it takes to focus a deck on a given concept. I'm not trying
to be judgemental, but many people become seduced by thinking, "Oh,
it'll be great if it does this, and I'll add some of these." When they
are done their deck tends to be rather slow and prone to getting hands
of cards they just can't use. In the face of this, they are dead meat
for a focused bleed/vote deck (or any other focused deck for that
matter). However, instead of trying to better focus their own concepts,
a lot of times the first resort is to apply peer pressure to people to
not play such "chessy" narrow decks.

Just my observations.

Preston wrote:

> However, instead of trying to better focus their own concepts,
> a lot of times the first resort is to apply peer pressure to people to
> not play such "chessy" narrow decks.

Having done my whining along those lines many years ago, I try now to just
play and hopefully get a VP or two along the way.

If you are the SoCal Preston via Dallas, hope to see you at some upcoming
tourney in Glendale.

best -

chris
--
chris shorb

"Having done my whining along those lines many years ago, I try now to
just
play and hopefully get a VP or two along the way.

If you are the SoCal Preston via Dallas, hope to see you at some
upcoming
tourney in Glendale."

Yea that's me. I'd like to make it. I'll have to see if its in the
cards.

Cheers,
Preston