Allies and Discipline Equipment

Suppose Samuel Haight got a Drum of Xipe Totec and a Veneficorum Atrum
Sanguis? Could he, or any other ally for that matter, perhaps Talaq or
Rafastio Ghouls, play Celerity and Thaumaturgy cards at CEL and THA as
a vampire?

Jeff

LSJ wrote:
> <jeffkuta@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > Suppose Samuel Haight got a Drum of Xipe Totec and a Veneficorum
Atrum
> > Sanguis? Could he, or any other ally for that matter, perhaps Talaq
or
> > Rafastio Ghouls, play Celerity and Thaumaturgy cards at CEL and THA
as
> > a vampire?
>
> No. Card text on Drum/Veneficorum: "The vampire with this
equipment..."
> Samuel Haight is not a vampire, nor is he playing Drum/Veneficorum as
> vampire, so the Drum/Veneficorum doesn't treat him like one and
therefore
> provides no boost to him.

Interesting. So suppose a hypothetical ally had text "...can play
minion cards as a vampire." Could this ally tool up with Discipline
Equipment and use any corresponding minion cards as a vampire?

Jeff

Colin McGuigan wrote:
> jeffkuta@pacbell.net wrote:
> > Interesting. So suppose a hypothetical ally had text "...can play
> > minion cards as a vampire." Could this ally tool up with Discipline
> > Equipment and use any corresponding minion cards as a vampire?
>
> No, because even if they could play the Drum of Xipe Topec as a
vampire,
> it would not treat them as a vampire while in play.
>
> Samual Haight or Talaq may, eg, get a Rutor's Hand, but it doesn't
help
> them.

Well damnit! What would the text need to be then??!! :)

"...can use equipment and play minion cards as a vampire?"

Jeff

jeffkuta@pacbell.net wrote:
> Suppose Samuel Haight got a Drum of Xipe Totec and a Veneficorum Atrum
> Sanguis? Could he, or any other ally for that matter, perhaps Talaq or
> Rafastio Ghouls, play Celerity and Thaumaturgy cards at CEL and THA as
> a vampire?

No. Each one says, "The _vampire_ with this equipment..."

--Colin McGuigan

<jeffkuta@pacbell.net> wrote:
> Suppose Samuel Haight got a Drum of Xipe Totec and a Veneficorum Atrum
> Sanguis? Could he, or any other ally for that matter, perhaps Talaq or
> Rafastio Ghouls, play Celerity and Thaumaturgy cards at CEL and THA as
> a vampire?

No. Card text on Drum/Veneficorum: "The vampire with this equipment..."
Samuel Haight is not a vampire, nor is he playing Drum/Veneficorum as a

--
LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

In message <1112379061.174797.134420@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
jeffkuta@pacbell.net writes:
>So suppose a hypothetical ally had text "...can play
>minion cards as a vampire." Could this ally tool up with Discipline
>Equipment and use any corresponding minion cards as a vampire?

No, because at the point when he's playing Theft of Vitae, he's not
playing the discipline equipment.

The discipline equipment would have stopped treating him as a vampire
ages ago.

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and

jeffkuta@pacbell.net wrote:
> Well damnit! What would the text need to be then??!! :)
>
> "...can use equipment and play minion cards as a vampire?"

"Is considered a vampire while in play" would do. :)

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/