Allies and Discipline Equipment

Suppose Samuel Haight got a Drum of Xipe Totec and a Veneficorum Atrum
Sanguis? Could he, or any other ally for that matter, perhaps Talaq or
Rafastio Ghouls, play Celerity and Thaumaturgy cards at CEL and THA as
a vampire?

Jeff
7 answers Last reply
More about allies discipline equipment

    LSJ wrote:
    > <jeffkuta@pacbell.net> wrote:
    > > Suppose Samuel Haight got a Drum of Xipe Totec and a Veneficorum
    Atrum
    > > Sanguis? Could he, or any other ally for that matter, perhaps Talaq
    or
    > > Rafastio Ghouls, play Celerity and Thaumaturgy cards at CEL and THA
    as
    > > a vampire?
    >
    > No. Card text on Drum/Veneficorum: "The vampire with this
    equipment..."
    > Samuel Haight is not a vampire, nor is he playing Drum/Veneficorum as
    > vampire, so the Drum/Veneficorum doesn't treat him like one and
    therefore
    > provides no boost to him.

    Interesting. So suppose a hypothetical ally had text "...can play
    minion cards as a vampire." Could this ally tool up with Discipline
    Equipment and use any corresponding minion cards as a vampire?

    Jeff

    Colin McGuigan wrote:
    > jeffkuta@pacbell.net wrote:
    > > Interesting. So suppose a hypothetical ally had text "...can play
    > > minion cards as a vampire." Could this ally tool up with Discipline
    > > Equipment and use any corresponding minion cards as a vampire?
    >
    > No, because even if they could play the Drum of Xipe Topec as a
    vampire,
    > it would not treat them as a vampire while in play.
    >
    > Samual Haight or Talaq may, eg, get a Rutor's Hand, but it doesn't
    help
    > them.

    Well damnit! What would the text need to be then??!! :)

    "...can use equipment and play minion cards as a vampire?"

    Jeff

    jeffkuta@pacbell.net wrote:
    > Suppose Samuel Haight got a Drum of Xipe Totec and a Veneficorum Atrum
    > Sanguis? Could he, or any other ally for that matter, perhaps Talaq or
    > Rafastio Ghouls, play Celerity and Thaumaturgy cards at CEL and THA as
    > a vampire?

    No. Each one says, "The _vampire_ with this equipment..."

    --Colin McGuigan

    <jeffkuta@pacbell.net> wrote:
    > Suppose Samuel Haight got a Drum of Xipe Totec and a Veneficorum Atrum
    > Sanguis? Could he, or any other ally for that matter, perhaps Talaq or
    > Rafastio Ghouls, play Celerity and Thaumaturgy cards at CEL and THA as
    > a vampire?

    No. Card text on Drum/Veneficorum: "The vampire with this equipment..."
    Samuel Haight is not a vampire, nor is he playing Drum/Veneficorum as a

    --
    LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
    V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

    In message <1112379061.174797.134420@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    jeffkuta@pacbell.net writes:
    >So suppose a hypothetical ally had text "...can play
    >minion cards as a vampire." Could this ally tool up with Discipline
    >Equipment and use any corresponding minion cards as a vampire?

    No, because at the point when he's playing Theft of Vitae, he's not
    playing the discipline equipment.

    The discipline equipment would have stopped treating him as a vampire
    ages ago.

    --
    James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
    PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and

    jeffkuta@pacbell.net wrote:
    > Well damnit! What would the text need to be then??!! :)
    >
    > "...can use equipment and play minion cards as a vampire?"

    "Is considered a vampire while in play" would do. :-)

    http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Games Video Games