Changing some political actions

It is a shame that VTES has so many pool damage dealing political
actions but only four are used: KRC, Conservative Agitation, Parity
Shift and Judgement: Camarilla Segregation. And two of these are only
playable with a Camarilla deck. So here are some suggestions how to
change some other political actions to make them playable. And BTW some
suggestions for other political actions that are laughable.

Screw the Masquerade!
Type: Political Action
Political Action-Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth.
Choose a Methuselah. Successful referendum means each Methuselah burns
1 pool and the chosen Methuselah burns an additional pool.

Really a joke. Better would be: "Choose a Methuselah. Successful
referendum means each other Methuselah burns 1 pool and the chosen
Methuselah burns x pool, where x is the number of methuselahs in the
game." That would be one more pool damage than a Conservative
Agitation, but you have the problem getting also one damage, pissing of
all other players and are not able to deal with someone.

Transfer of Power
Type: Political Action
Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth.
Successful referendum means you gain 1 pool from each Methuselah who
has more pool than you do.

A weak version of Parity Shift. Better would be: "Successful
referendum means you gain 3 pool from each Methuselah who has more pool
than you do." That looks really strong, because you could be able to
get 12 pools. But you have to see the weakness compared with Parity
Shift. You piss of all players with more pool and you are not able to
deal with someone like its possible with PS.

Sabbat Threat
Type: Political Action
Requires: prince,justicar
Political Card -- Worth 1 Vote. Called by any prince or justicar at +1
stealth.
Choose one or more Methuselahs. Successful referendum means each chosen
Methuselah gets a threat counter. Each Methuselah burns 1 pool for each
threat counter he or she has during his or her untap phase. A
Methuselah may never have more than two threat counters, and he or she
may burn the Edge to burn all the threat counters he or she has.

Nice card, if it wouldnt be to easy to burn the edge. My solution would
be (and that will make this card very strong): "Choose one or more
Methuselahs. Successful referendum means each chosen Methuselah gets a
threat counter. Each Methuselah burns 1 pool if he has any threat
counters during his or her untap phase, but not more than 2 pool. He or
she may burn the Edge to burn one threat counter he or she has." That
would give you an effect like Army of rats. You can stack the cards and
make it so difficult to avoid the threat.

Code of Milan Suspended
Type: Political Action
Requires: sabbat
Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any Sabbat vampire at +1
stealth.
Select the Methuselah with the Edge. If this referendum is successful,
that Methuselah burns 1 pool.

Wouldnt it be nice if the Sabbat had only some special votes, that are
not absolutely useless? I would say: "burns x pool, where x is the
number of methuselahs in play". Still a weak card, because you can
only play it in a very special situation.

Tithings
Type: Political Action
Requires: sabbat,capacity above 6
Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any Sabbat vampire with a
capacity above 6 at +1 stealth.
Successful referendum means you gain 1 pool from each Methuselah who
does not a control a vampire with a capacity above 6.

Another candidate for the Sabbat. Wow, you really will get one or two
pool if you are very happy. So let the wennies pay 3 pool. You could
get 12 pool, yes. But playing with 4 wennie decks on a table needs some
prize! And you still cannot target someone.

Regaining the Upper Hand
Type: Political Action
Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth.
Choose a Methuselah. Successful referendum means the chosen Methuselah
gets the Edge.

Can you believe it? You cannot only look at the Edge, you cannot only
hold it in your hand. With this card you get it! Really game breaking!
I must confess, i have problems to make this card stronger, because its
so absolutely weak. Here is my solution: "Choose a Methuselah.
Successful referendum means you put these card in play. The chosen
Methuselah gets the Edge and takes control of these card. He can burn
these card in the untap phase to get 5 pool. Burn these card if another
methuselah takes control of the Edge."
13 answers Last reply
More about changing political actions

    > Screw the Masquerade!

    This card saw some play waaay back when my group used card limits, and
    although it's not strong enough, the pool damage to everyone did come
    in handy. (Just like Anarch Revolt, it softens up the table.) If it
    was "chosen Methuselah burns an additional 2 pool", then it would be
    between KRC and Ancilla Empowerment in its effect, and I think that
    would be great.

    > Code of Milan Suspended

    Sorry, I think this card will be wallpaper forever. Maybe if they lost
    pool and you actually gained pool, but still, I think it's loster than
    Chainsaw.

    > Tithings

    I like your suggestion of upping the pool transfer. Many players are
    opposed to more card text migrations, but it's a cool thought.

    > Regaining the Upper Hand

    > I must confess, i have problems to make this card stronger,
    > because its so absolutely weak.

    Yes, indeed.

    -- Brian

    x5mofr@gmx.de wrote:
    > It is a shame that VTES has so many pool damage dealing political
    > actions but only four are used: KRC, Conservative Agitation, Parity
    > Shift and Judgement: Camarilla Segregation.

    The last is not a political action.

    LSJ listed a bunch of other commonly used ones (Domain Challenge, etc.)
    Let me add that Finding the Path isn't unusual in Chicago.

    > Contractual Dispute
    > +1 stealth political action.
    >
    > Choose a Methuselah.
    >
    > Requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
    > Successful referendum means each other Methuselah who has more pool
    > than the chosen Methuselah burns 1 pool and the chosen Methuselah
    burns
    > x pool, where x is the number of methuselahs who burn pool.
    >
    > Requires a ready Camarilla vampire.
    > Successful referendum means each other Methuselah who has less pool
    > than the chosen Methuselah gains 1 pool and the chosen Methuselah
    burns
    > x pool, where x is the number of methuselahs who gain pool.
    >
    > "I don't give a fig for any contract"
    > -Theo Bell

    Whoops, that should probably read more like:

    Contractual Dispute
    +1 stealth political action.

    Choose a Methuselah.

    Requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
    Successful referendum means each other Methuselah who has more pool
    than the chosen Methuselah burns 1 pool and the chosen Methuselah
    *gains*
    x pool, where x is the number of methuselahs who burn pool.

    Requires a ready Camarilla vampire.
    Successful referendum means each other Methuselah who has less pool
    than the chosen Methuselah gains 1 pool and the chosen Methuselah
    burns
    x pool, where x is the number of methuselahs who gain pool.

    "I don't give a fig for any contract"
    -Theo Bell
    > -Scrote

    x5mofr@gmx.de wrote:
    [some stuff about pool-burning political actions]

    Don't forget:
    Treaty of Tyre Enforced
    Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth.
    If this referendum is successful, each Methuselah burns X+1 pool,
    where X is the number of Assamites he or she controls.

    Jozxyqk wrote:
    > x5mofr@gmx.de wrote:
    > [some stuff about pool-burning political actions]
    >
    > Don't forget:
    > Treaty of Tyre Enforced
    > Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth.
    > If this referendum is successful, each Methuselah burns X+1 pool,
    > where X is the number of Assamites he or she controls.

    And Ancient Influence, Reins of Power, Domain Challenge, Ancilla
    Empowerment, and Anarchist Uprising.

    http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

    Jozxyqk wrote:

    > Don't forget:
    > Treaty of Tyre Enforced
    > Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth.
    > If this referendum is successful, each Methuselah burns X+1 pool,
    > where X is the number of Assamites he or she controls.

    I'm really surprised nobody's whipped this gem out on Deckbot.

    -Snapcase

    In message <lCX3e.5667$D_2.4676@fe11.lga>, Snapcase
    <captainhead@gmail.com> writes:
    >Jozxyqk wrote:
    >> Don't forget:
    >> Treaty of Tyre Enforced Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any
    >>vampire at +1 stealth.
    >> If this referendum is successful, each Methuselah burns X+1 pool,
    >>where X is the number of Assamites he or she controls.
    >
    >I'm really surprised nobody's whipped this gem out on Deckbot.

    Using a Uriah Winter, Revelation of the Sire, trojan horse, Alamut
    FRENZY OF DOOM?

    --
    James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
    PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and

    Sabbat Threat can be made playable easily by just saying that they can
    only burn the Edge to get rid of the threat counters during their untap
    phase.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Certainly the original poster should have said "It is a shame that VTES has so
    many pool damage dealing political actions but only <eight> are used: KRC,
    Conservative Agitation, Parity Shift, <Ancient Influence, Reins of Power, Domain
    Challenge, Ancilla Empowerment, and Anarchist Uprising.>" And included a codicil
    about Treaty being pants and deservedly so, with brief mention of how PTO is
    actually a damage dealing vote etc etc. I do think the rant about RtUH is apropo.

    Finally, card text migration is getting dangerously high. Please consider not
    implementing any of his/her suggestions, and instead releasing new cards that
    address their concerns (if you find them valid).

    best -

    chris

    --
    chris shorb
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Orpheus wrote:
    > Emmit Svenson a écrit :
    > > LSJ listed a bunch of other commonly used ones (Domain Challenge,
    etc.)
    > > Let me add that Finding the Path isn't unusual in Chicago.
    >
    > Really ? Why would that be ? You risk alienating an ally, even if
    it's
    > your next prey, and it's less flexible than KRC (not mentionning that

    > aberration Parity Shift)...

    You gain one, your prey loses one. Not bad for a vote any weenie can
    call. In a four- or five-player game, you can win an ally on the vote.
    It's certainly better than a Conservative Agitation in a two-player
    game. It is less dangerous to your allies than Domain Challenge or
    Ancillae Empowerment, and the state of others' controlled region
    doesn't affect your referendum. You can use it to help a dying player.

    It is less aggressive than KRC, of course. But you don't want to build
    a heavy vote deck with 80%+ KRC because of Delaying Tactics. You want
    another vote your other minions can call that turn. A mix of KRC, FtP,
    and Disputed Territory can be quite effective.
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    x5mofr@gmx.de a écrit :

    > Screw the Masquerade!
    > Type: Political Action
    > Political Action-Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth.
    > Choose a Methuselah. Successful referendum means each Methuselah burns
    > 1 pool and the chosen Methuselah burns an additional pool.

    sometime better than domain challenge since you will not harm your
    allies too much.
    Very cool if you play bribes, btw since you and your fellow voters will
    avoid the pool loss and stay your friends.
    if you are the only player at the table playing votes, the others are
    your enemies anyway ;)

    > Transfer of Power
    > Type: Political Action
    > Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth.
    > Successful referendum means you gain 1 pool from each Methuselah who
    > has more pool than you do.

    It's already a strong card as it is. You can gain 4 pool for no
    drawback. Try to use it instead of whining ! :D
    First it makes you look less harmful than if you played a parity shift !
    Second 2 or 3 pool at the right time can and will save your life, and
    again, if you bribe, the other voters would vote for you since it costs
    them nothing.

    > Sabbat Threat
    > Type: Political Action
    > Requires: prince,justicar
    > Political Card -- Worth 1 Vote. Called by any prince or justicar at +1
    > stealth.
    > Choose one or more Methuselahs. Successful referendum means each chosen
    > Methuselah gets a threat counter. Each Methuselah burns 1 pool for each
    > threat counter he or she has during his or her untap phase. A
    > Methuselah may never have more than two threat counters, and he or she
    > may burn the Edge to burn all the threat counters he or she has.

    you have to make up a cool strategy to avoid your nemesis getting the
    edge. Play folderol ! play Ignis fatus ! play Form of corruption ! play
    eagle sight :)
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    In message <4250ecd7$0$26836$626a14ce@news.free.fr>, Orpheus
    <orpheus.13@DEADfree.fr> writes:
    >Really ? Why would that be ? You risk alienating an ally, even if it's
    >your next prey, and it's less flexible than KRC (not mentionning that
    >aberration Parity Shift)...

    Parity Shift isn't available to people without Princes and Justicars,
    for instance. Also, it's not as vulnerable to taking out a key
    Prince/Justicar (in a vote deck with some Princes/Justicars, and some
    non-P/Js). You might reasonably read the card as saying "Play only if,
    for some reason, you can't put Parity Shift in your deck."

    Additionally, it can often be only one person you're really bargaining
    with over (say) a KRC. "Yeah, give me a pool damage to my prey, and
    I'll let it through." On a 5 player table, that's doable. On a 4
    player table, that's doable. Once you hit three, it's both other
    Methuselahs. Once you hit two, it's one-on-one. So in the early
    stages, you still have reasonable negotiating room - they get the pool
    damage AND they get a pool back themself.

    That sounds like it's often going to be slightly easier to get a
    potentially hostile Methuselah to go along with. Typical arguments over
    KRC often include whether it goes 3-1 (my choice-your choice), or 2-2
    (my choice-your choice). 1 damage, 1 gain for you is a similarly
    reasonable chance of getting them on side - and it's still a pool gain
    for me.

    I wouldn't be betting the house on it, but I can see why it might be
    useful. If you call it twice in a turn, that could be 6 pool gain with
    two Voter Caps instead of 4, AND still putting some pressure on your
    predator and prey (unlike a Con Boon, or similar). If your priorities
    are a little more defensive - say, you have expensive tastes in vampires
    - it's plausible.

    --
    James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
    PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and
    EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA2 look at internet pictures of men's cocks all day?"
    13D7E668C3695D623D5D -- www.livejournal.com/users/scarletdemon/
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Emmit Svenson a écrit :
    > LSJ listed a bunch of other commonly used ones (Domain Challenge, etc.)
    > Let me add that Finding the Path isn't unusual in Chicago.

    Really ? Why would that be ? You risk alienating an ally, even if it's
    your next prey, and it's less flexible than KRC (not mentionning that
    aberration Parity Shift)...

    Orpheus

Games Video Games