[LSJ] Calebros and Anarch Secession

Card text:

Camarilla Prince of New York: If Calebros is the Prince of New York,
any older Camarilla vampire controlled by another Methuselah can steal
the title from him as a (D) action which Calebros cannot block.

So I can protect his title by using Anarch Secession to make him the
Anarch Baron of New York?

Grey Wanderer wrote:
> Card text:
>
> Camarilla Prince of New York: If Calebros is the Prince of New York,
> any older Camarilla vampire controlled by another Methuselah can
steal
> the title from him as a (D) action which Calebros cannot block.
>
> So I can protect his title by using Anarch Secession to make him the
> Anarch Baron of New York?

Yes, because he then fails to meet the 'if Calebros is the Prince of
New York' clause.

-John Flournoy

John Flournoy wrote:
> Grey Wanderer wrote:
>
>>Card text:
>>
>>Camarilla Prince of New York: If Calebros is the Prince of New York,
>>any older Camarilla vampire controlled by another Methuselah can
>
> steal
>
>>the title from him as a (D) action which Calebros cannot block.
>>
>>So I can protect his title by using Anarch Secession to make him the
>>Anarch Baron of New York?
>
> Yes, because he then fails to meet the 'if Calebros is the Prince of
> New York' clause.

Correct.

I'd say that "protecting" the title by removing it yourself is
a lot like protecting your pet parakeet by getting a dog and
burying the bird in the backyard, though. :)

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> John Flournoy wrote:
> > Grey Wanderer wrote:

[on Calebros]

> >>So I can protect his title by using Anarch Secession to make him the
> >>Anarch Baron of New York?
> >
> > Yes, because he then fails to meet the 'if Calebros is the Prince of
> > New York' clause.
>
> Correct.
>
> I'd say that "protecting" the title by removing it yourself is
> a lot like protecting your pet parakeet by getting a dog and
> burying the bird in the backyard, though. :)

Well, sort of. Since he gets the "Baron of New York" title instead, it
might be more like acquiring one of your parakeet's siblings and letting
the first parakeet fly away free. Not that there's much point to the
examination of this metaphor. :)

Josh

tweet tweet
tweebadeet

"Joshua Duffin" <jtduffin@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> > I'd say that "protecting" the title by removing it yourself is
> > a lot like protecting your pet parakeet by getting a dog and
> > burying the bird in the backyard, though. :)
>
> Well, sort of. Since he gets the "Baron of New York" title instead, it
> might be more like acquiring one of your parakeet's siblings and letting
> the first parakeet fly away free.

Um, yeah. See also Prince:parakeet::Baron:Dog in the original
statement.

--
LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to
reply).

"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<d2uejq$hs9$1@domitilla.aioe.org>...
> "Joshua Duffin" <jtduffin@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> > > I'd say that "protecting" the title by removing it yourself is
> > > a lot like protecting your pet parakeet by getting a dog and
> > > burying the bird in the backyard, though. :)
> >
> > Well, sort of. Since he gets the "Baron of New York" title instead, it
> > might be more like acquiring one of your parakeet's siblings and letting
> > the first parakeet fly away free.
>
> Um, yeah. See also Prince:parakeet::Baron:Dog in the original
> statement.

I see your point.

Well, thanks for the clarification, anyway.