2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 11" to 13" not very heavy. Last laptop I had m14x was about 6-7 pounds + the brick charger wow, and the laptop bag... too heavy
3. What screen resolution do you want? Standard res is fine 1366x738
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
5. How much battery life do you need? Average of about 4-6hrs when I am working, browsing and watching videos. when I am playing games I will have it plugged in.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Super Street Fighter 4, Lost Planet Colonies, . at medium settings...
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photo and video edit, movies etc.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 160- 500 GB is sufficient
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 1-2 Years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Not needed, I already have an external drive.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No Preferences
13. What country do you live in? United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Decent gaming laptop small and portable enough to fit at my work desk..
I know I just listed 2 options but I just want to know if there are any more options available. 11"-13" Screen Size. GT540m should be sufficient, any thing less should have a hard time running the games. Nvidia ION 2 is an option but I don't think it can run games decently.
So I guess this means that I either have to increase my budget? If so I could do it. I just want to know if there are other choices besides these two. And would a GT540m be able to run those games. How about a laptop with GT 335m ? But looking at this are there other alternative? GT555m seems a little stronger than GT540m
I really didn't really realize how bad ION 2 was for gaming.
The m11x is basically the only 11" gaming laptop on the market (it has a GT 540m). You can get 14.1" laptops but I have never seen anything more powerful than a GT 540m on them, save for the m14x.