LSJ: Uncontrolled Merged Valerius

Hi all,

I just need a confirmation concerning merged vamps, especially in the case
of Valerius.

The merged text specifies that while merged, Valerius capacity is reduced by
2.

Is this text still in effect while Valerius is uncontrolled after he has
been banished?
In other words, do I have to influence him has a 5-cap or a 7-cap vamp?

I would assume not, and that he'll have to be influence has a 7-cap.

Thanks,

Dom

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 01:11:51 -0400, Dominique L. <gp41@videotron.ca> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just need a confirmation concerning merged vamps, especially in the
> case
> of Valerius.
>
> The merged text specifies that while merged, Valerius capacity is
> reduced by
> 2.
>
> Is this text still in effect while Valerius is uncontrolled after he has
> been banished?
> In other words, do I have to influence him has a 5-cap or a 7-cap vamp?
>
> I would assume not, and that he'll have to be influence has a 7-cap.

I don't think so. IMHO in the uncontrolled region the crypt card is still
merged, and any relevant text on the vampire is still considered. Only
the text of cards on the vampire are ignored, as those cards are
considered to be out of play while the vampire is uncontrolled.

--
Bye,

Daneel

Dominique L. wrote:
> The merged text specifies that while merged, Valerius capacity is reduced by
> 2.
>
> Is this text still in effect while Valerius is uncontrolled after he has
> been banished?
> I would assume not, and that he'll have to be influence has a 7-cap.

Correct. The card text on uncontrolled vampires, merged or not, does not apply.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ a écrit :
> Dominique L. wrote:
>
>> The merged text specifies that while merged, Valerius capacity is
>> reduced by 2.
>>
>> Is this text still in effect while Valerius is uncontrolled after he
>> has been banished?
>> I would assume not, and that he'll have to be influence has a 7-cap.
>

> Correct. The card text on uncontrolled vampires, merged or not, does not
> apply.

else Agaita's power would be here even if you don't influence him out :)