customer satisfaction survey from Dell

of $35, Dell's customer survey consultants sent me a questionaire
to find out why I was so pissed as to turn down $35.

I told them that their system had turned into an inflexible machine
in which their reps were kept ignorant and unable to do anything
to solve a problem and only capable of parroting the website.
I told them to bring their Customer Service back to North America
(English-speaking North America) where the cultural and language
barriers wouldn't inhibit communication and the reps would know
how to dig for information.

*TimDaniels*
3 answers Last reply
More about customer satisfaction survey dell

    > I told them that their system had turned into an inflexible machine
    > in which their reps were kept ignorant and unable to do anything
    > to solve a problem and only capable of parroting the website.

    I totally agree. See my post below on this newsgroup.

    > I told them to bring their Customer Service back to North America
    > (English-speaking North America) where the cultural and language
    > barriers wouldn't inhibit communication and the reps would know
    > how to dig for information.

    I've seen a lot of complaints on this newsgroup about having to deal
    with ignorant foreigners for tech support and customer service. For what
    it's worth, I've never had to deal with an Indian for customer service or
    tech support. I'm thinking the reason for this is that I purchase through
    the Small Business division and always select the 4hr Gold Support option.
    The Gold Support queue seems to be staffed with knowledgeable English
    speaking people. When a part needs to be replaced, they're out here within
    4hrs... but for service like this, you really pay a price. :(

    Lastly, I'd like to mention that even though I'm dealing with English
    speaking CSRs, I might as *well* be talking to an Indian since as you say,
    they only parrot what's on the website. The act of making a phone call to
    another department within Dell is way beyond anything they can handle... and
    they won't give you the names/extensions of anyone who CAN help you. Their
    forums are no better. It is for this reason that I'm looking for another
    server vendor... and it's a shame because Dell's products and support dept
    are both top notch. It's their atrocious sales/CSRs that are driving me
    elsewhere.

    David

    "Lamont Sanford" wrote:
    > I've seen a lot of complaints on this newsgroup about
    > having to deal with ignorant foreigners for tech support
    > and customer service.

    In my experience with foreign outsourced Customer
    Service and Tech Support is not that they are unintelligent
    or not polite or unwilling to provide more information, it's
    that they aren't given the information necessary to do
    anything but parrot scripts and website info. Technically,
    that's "ignorant", but ignorant in the sense of being unable
    to access information because the contracting American
    companies don't make it available to them. And that is
    the fault of the American companies who think that their
    customers will remain their customers when they are so
    information-stingey. eMachines has done very well by
    simply moving their Customer Service call centers back
    in-house where the reps can be kept in the information loop.

    *TimDaniels*

    > In my experience with foreign outsourced Customer
    > Service and Tech Support is not that they are unintelligent
    > or not polite or unwilling to provide more information, it's
    > that they aren't given the information necessary to do
    > anything but parrot scripts and website info. Technically,
    > that's "ignorant", but ignorant in the sense of being unable
    > to access information because the contracting American
    > companies don't make it available to them. And that is
    > the fault of the American companies who think that their
    > customers will remain their customers when they are so
    > information-stingey. eMachines has done very well by
    > simply moving their Customer Service call centers back
    > in-house where the reps can be kept in the information loop.

    My thoughts exactly. What's weird is that the customer service reps that
    work in the USA and speak perfect English are just as clueless as the
    foreign outsourced CSRs. As you clearly point out, the problem isn't that
    the CSRs are stupid -- it's that they can't access the information required
    to help the customers. I remember reading an article on News.com describing
    how Dell was moving more and more of its call centers back to the U.S. due
    to customer complaints. That's certainly a step in the right direction.
    Being able to deal with someone who speaks English is certainly a plus...
    but if they can't provide any useful information, what's the point? I might
    as well be talking to a wall... :(

    David

Dell Computers