Advan./Disadvan. to buying OEM?

livedistortion

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
I recently bought a Sapphire 9500 Pro OEM from Newegg. I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm wondering if I did the right thing? Am I going to get everything I need? It looked pretty complete in the picture w/cables and drivers. But it doesn't say catalyst on the driver CD? And there's one less adapter than in the pic of the retail ATI board. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Also, what would I miss out on if I bought an OEM hard drive? Do you still get the partinioning and utilities and cables?

Thanks!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
when you buy an oem hard drive all you get is the drive, no cables, no screws, no manual, no utilitys. but its really not neccesary. im not sure about video cards, you probly dont get the game pack or a driver cd. if they throw in an svideo cable its probly the reseller doing you a favor. but if there is a breakout box with the card it has to come with that.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
With most oem cards u just get the card and the drivers, no multimedia extras. For example i got an oem 9700 pro, it didnt come with the ati dvd player....