Tournament - Washington DC Qualifier, June 11th, 2005

Yes, we're well into another exciting tournament V:TES season, and that
means it's almost time for another Washington DC qualifier! Come on
down to the action-packed and not-too-hard-to-get-to Rockville,
Maryland on June 11th, 2005, for this year's Regional Qualifier event.

Finish in the top 25% of not-previously-qualified participants, and
you'll be able to compete in the Continental Championships of North
America (at GenCon in Indianapolis, IN on August 19th and 20th), Europe
(Budapest, Hungary, early (?) November), Australia (Canberra, October
2nd), or South America (São Paulo, Brazil, June 4th)... or all of them!

If you're coming from out of town and would like to find crash space
with local players, let me know, and we may be able to hook you up.
There are also plenty of hotels around the area, if you prefer the
luxury of your own bed - there is a Ramada, for example, a mile or two
up Rockville Pike:

http://travel.travelocity.com/hotel/HotelDetail.do?propertyId=2319

Or try travel.yahoo.com in Rockville MD (or use your own methods) if
you'd like to investigate other options.

There will be a "side event" of some kind, probably of some variant
tournament format (email me if you have suggestions or votes for what
variant to use) on Sunday June 12th, and probably casual gaming on
Friday evening (June 10th) for anyone interested in that.

The event details:

Big Game: Washington DC

TIME: Saturday, June 11th, 2005, 12 noon to 9 pm. Prelim rounds
should be done by about 7 pm. I'll be there at 11 am to
start registering people; play will begin as close as
possible to 12 noon.
PLACE: Dream Wizards:
11772 Parklawn Drive
Rockville, MD 20852
301-881-3530
DIRECTIONS: http://www.dreamwizards.com (http://www.mapquest.com
probably has better directions from out of state)
FORMAT: VEKN sanctioned constructed Championship Qualifier
tourney, 3 rounds + final.
The multi-judge system will not be used; Joshua Duffin
will be head judge and organizer.
Current V:EKN tournament rules can be found at:
www.white-wolf.com/vtes/index.php?line=veknRules.html
ENTRY FEE: $5.00 (will go towards prizes)
PRIZES: Eternal fame, the undying admiration of the V:TES world,
invitations to the 2005 North American and other
Continental Championships... and, of course, booster
packs. Many booster packs. And special Qualifier
T-shirts, lots of promo cards, and maybe something else
cool.
QUESTIONS: Joshua Duffin, jtduffin@yahoo.com.

sincerely yours,

Joshua Duffin
V:EKN Prince of Washington DC
10 answers Last reply
More about tournament washington qualifier june 11th 2005

    Joshua Duffin wrote:
    > Rockville,
    > Maryland on June 11th, 2005, for this year's Regional Qualifier event.
    >
    > you'll be able to compete in the Continental Championships
    > of South America (São Paulo, Brazil, June 4th)... or all of them!
    >

    > Joshua Duffin
    > V:EKN Prince of Washington DC

    ;-)

    stefan

    "Stefan Ferenci" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
    > Joshua Duffin wrote:
    > > Rockville,
    > > Maryland on June 11th, 2005, for this year's Regional Qualifier
    event.

    > > you'll be able to compete in the Continental Championships
    > > of South America (São Paulo, Brazil, June 4th)... or all of them!
    > >

    > > Joshua Duffin
    > > V:EKN Prince of Washington DC
    > >

    > ;-)

    Ha, I neglected to notice the scheduling difficulty there. I guess
    you'd have to qualify somewhere other than DC to compete in the São
    Paulo championship this year (and probably last year too, come to think
    of it). :-)

    Josh

    will be happy if he at least makes it to indianapolis and budapest

    "Joshua Duffin" <jtduffin@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >> Joshua Duffin wrote:
    >> > Rockville,
    >> > Maryland on June 11th, 2005, for this year's Regional Qualifier
    >> > event.
    >> >
    >> > you'll be able to compete in the Continental Championships
    >> > of South America (São Paulo, Brazil, June 4th)... or all of them!
    >
    > Ha, I neglected to notice the scheduling difficulty there. I guess
    > you'd have to qualify somewhere other than DC to compete in the São
    > Paulo championship this year (and probably last year too, come to think
    > of it). :-)

    You know, they should fix this. Something like, "All qualifiers
    everywhere in the world must be held on or before date X. All
    Continental Championships everywhere in the world must be held
    after date X."

    But I guess as long as "backward time qualifying" only happens between
    tournaments on separate continents, that's probably just me being
    anal.

    Fred

    "Frederick Scott" <nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote in message
    > You know, they should fix this. Something like, "All qualifiers
    > everywhere in the world must be held on or before date X. All
    > Continental Championships everywhere in the world must be held
    > after date X."
    >
    > But I guess as long as "backward time qualifying" only happens between
    > tournaments on separate continents, that's probably just me being
    > anal.

    Eliminating Friday's Qualifier at Gen*Con would be unwise, yeah. :-)

    --
    LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
    V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

    "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
    > "Frederick Scott" <nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote in message
    >> You know, they should fix this. Something like, "All qualifiers
    >> everywhere in the world must be held on or before date X. All
    >> Continental Championships everywhere in the world must be held
    >> after date X."
    >>
    >> But I guess as long as "backward time qualifying" only happens between
    >> tournaments on separate continents, that's probably just me being
    >> anal.
    >
    > Eliminating Friday's Qualifier at Gen*Con would be unwise, yeah. :-)

    DOH! OK, append: "...NOT INCLUDING last chance qualifiers..." to the
    suggested anal policy change. FWIW.

    Fred

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:43:03 -0400, "Joshua Duffin"
    <jtduffin@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >"Stefan Ferenci" <nospam@thankyou.com> wrote in message
    >> Joshua Duffin wrote:
    >> > Rockville,
    >> > Maryland on June 11th, 2005, for this year's Regional Qualifier
    >event.
    >> >
    >> > you'll be able to compete in the Continental Championships
    >> > of South America (São Paulo, Brazil, June 4th)... or all of them!
    >> >
    >> > Joshua Duffin
    >> > V:EKN Prince of Washington DC
    >> >
    >> ;-)
    >
    >Ha, I neglected to notice the scheduling difficulty there. I guess
    >you'd have to qualify somewhere other than DC to compete in the São
    >Paulo championship this year (and probably last year too, come to think
    >of it). :-)
    >Josh
    >will be happy if he at least makes it to indianapolis and budapest

    If somebody is seriously considering it - hey, one never knows ;-) -
    São Paulo's qualifier for the SAC happens at May 08...

    And maybe we'll have a Last Chance on June 3rd, but it depends largely
    on available organizers, since it's a Friday. Some brazilian
    unemployed Prince out there?

    There's a good chance foreign players will get free hosting at a
    nearby hotel during SAC, so keep in touch.

    best,

    Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
    V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
    Giovanni Newsletter Editor
    V for Vendetta on the big screen!
    http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:02:42 -0700, "Frederick Scott"
    <nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote:

    >"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
    >> "Frederick Scott" <nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote in message
    >>> You know, they should fix this. Something like, "All qualifiers
    >>> everywhere in the world must be held on or before date X. All
    >>> Continental Championships everywhere in the world must be held
    >>> after date X."
    >>>
    >>> But I guess as long as "backward time qualifying" only happens between
    >>> tournaments on separate continents, that's probably just me being
    >>> anal.
    >>
    >> Eliminating Friday's Qualifier at Gen*Con would be unwise, yeah. :-)
    >
    >DOH! OK, append: "...NOT INCLUDING last chance qualifiers..." to the
    >suggested anal policy change. FWIW.
    >Fred

    Heh :)

    Not to be even more anal, but "our Gen*Con" (EIRPG) happens around the
    end of May/beginning of June each year.
    So every year when the SAC is to be held in Brazil, it would be
    problematic to schedule it outside the Con. Thousands of RPG players
    from all over the country come to that event. RPG playerbases from
    most major cities organize themselves to rent buses and stuff to come
    to the event. V:tES playes just have to follow the flow, applying for
    these cheaper caravans to come.
    Since many V:tES are algo tabletop gamers, it's one trip per year
    instead of two, something not all of them can afford - not only
    because of money but also available time, getting license from work
    and such.

    best,

    Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
    V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
    Giovanni Newsletter Editor
    V for Vendetta on the big screen!
    http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "Fabio "Sooner" Macedo" <fabio_sooner@NOSPAMyahoo.com.br>
    wrote in message news:65mn519am1bbor4eu0n4d7a66c8vjgpv2p@4ax.com...
    > Not to be even more anal, but "our Gen*Con" (EIRPG) happens around the
    > end of May/beginning of June each year.

    Yea, I figured something like that was case.

    > Since many V:tES are algo tabletop gamers, it's one trip per year
    > instead of two, something not all of them can afford - not only
    > because of money but also available time, getting license from work
    > and such.

    Check. I guess players who wish to qualify up here and play in the
    continental championship down there will just have to qualify sooner.
    (I suppose Josh *could* move his qualifier up one of these years...)

    Wish I had that problem...

    Fred
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    LSJ wrote:
    > "Frederick Scott" <nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>You know, they should fix this. Something like, "All qualifiers
    >>everywhere in the world must be held on or before date X. All
    >>Continental Championships everywhere in the world must be held
    >>after date X."
    >>
    >>But I guess as long as "backward time qualifying" only happens between
    >>tournaments on separate continents, that's probably just me being
    >>anal.
    >

    > Eliminating Friday's Qualifier at Gen*Con would be unwise, yeah. :-)

    i thought this years lcq will be held on thursday? (right?)

    stefan
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    > LSJ wrote:
    > > Eliminating Friday's Qualifier at Gen*Con would be unwise, yeah. :-)
    > >
    > i thought this years lcq will be held on thursday? (right?)

    Oh, sure. Throw the facts in my face, whydoncha?
    :-)

    --
    LSJ (vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
    V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
    Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu

Video Games