What's this?

Suddenly there is something on my taskbar, where the
internet gateway icon is, called "Xinternet connection"
What is this? I can't disable or delete it. If I
disable it, I have no internet connection. It won't tell
me where it came from or anything about it in
Properties. It won't let me access the settings. I get
a message saying the settings can only be modified on
the "network sharing computer". ??? Help!!

Sounds like you've got a parasite, malware, a Trojan or other spyware on
your system. Check out the information here: www.aumha.org/secure.htm .
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC