Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Tungsten C Install CDs?

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 7:01:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Hi:
I think my 2 year old tossed my install cds the other day; at least, I
dug them out for a reinstall and now they're gone. Palm tells me I'm not
eligible to purchase them anymore, which seems wierd, but their mail
support is not too great. Anyway, if someone would be willing to make me
a copy I'd be most grateful and would happily pay for shipping etc. If
you can do it please mail me at garbage_isbuy@hotmail.com (the garbage_
part should be left off).
TIA,
Freud

More about : tungsten install cds

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 5:42:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Instead of burning them and sendingthem to you how about I rip them and post
them in another group for you to download and burn yourself? I still have
both CDs and used them only twice so the rips should be fine.

"Freud" <maybe@not.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d237f8721da0998968f@news.speakeasy.net...
> Hi:
> I think my 2 year old tossed my install cds the other day; at least, I
> dug them out for a reinstall and now they're gone. Palm tells me I'm not
> eligible to purchase them anymore, which seems wierd, but their mail
> support is not too great. Anyway, if someone would be willing to make me
> a copy I'd be most grateful and would happily pay for shipping etc. If
> you can do it please mail me at garbage_isbuy@hotmail.com (the garbage_
> part should be left off).
> TIA,
> Freud
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 7:49:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <1119505326.7203a008d668f24404be20c4e9ed06f6@teranews>,
scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> Instead of burning them and sendingthem to you how about I rip them and post
> them in another group for you to download and burn yourself? I still have
> both CDs and used them only twice so the rips should be fine.
>
An ISO would be great - alt.binaries.palmpilot sound good to you?
Thanks,
Freud
Related resources
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 4:57:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

alt.binaries.warez.palm is better for me. I don't have access to your
suggested group and the one I suggested is always dead. Do you have access
to this one? I can start posting as early as tomorrow (I still have to make
the ISOs first but that shouldn't take long). You know how to use rar and
par files, right?

"Freud" <maybe@not.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d24dc6c26e2831b989690@news.speakeasy.net...
> In article <1119505326.7203a008d668f24404be20c4e9ed06f6@teranews>,
> scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> > Instead of burning them and sendingthem to you how about I rip them and
post
> > them in another group for you to download and burn yourself? I still
have
> > both CDs and used them only twice so the rips should be fine.
> >
> An ISO would be great - alt.binaries.palmpilot sound good to you?
> Thanks,
> Freud
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 1:44:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <1119589045.7f66c99b6f9e3ddda6e0822b9d334f80@teranews>,
scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> alt.binaries.warez.palm is better for me. I don't have access to your
> suggested group and the one I suggested is always dead. Do you have access
> to this one? I can start posting as early as tomorrow (I still have to make
> the ISOs first but that shouldn't take long). You know how to use rar and
> par files, right?
>
alt.binaries.warez.palm is fine for me too, and yes, I know how to use
rar files. I really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Freud
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 5:14:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I'll try to start posting them there tomorrow for you> I'll popst both CDs
losted as CD one and two, of course. I usually post more then the average
par files, 25%. Most post 10% or less par2 files. I don't use par2 files at
all.

If you have any problem with the post when I compleed it just leave me a
note there and I'll take appropriate action.

You're welcome!

"Freud" <maybe@not.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d25d84830baeea8989691@news.speakeasy.net...
> In article <1119589045.7f66c99b6f9e3ddda6e0822b9d334f80@teranews>,
> scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> > alt.binaries.warez.palm is better for me. I don't have access to your
> > suggested group and the one I suggested is always dead. Do you have
access
> > to this one? I can start posting as early as tomorrow (I still have to
make
> > the ISOs first but that shouldn't take long). You know how to use rar
and
> > par files, right?
> >
> alt.binaries.warez.palm is fine for me too, and yes, I know how to use
> rar files. I really appreciate it.
> Thanks,
> Freud
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 8:01:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Sorry I haven't done this yet. I've had a hard time since last night. I'm
starting the ripping process now and will post as soon as they're done.

"Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1119771523.dec2714b937ec9d8f02a6bf71163c0dc@teranews...
> I'll try to start posting them there tomorrow for you> I'll popst both CDs
> losted as CD one and two, of course. I usually post more then the average
> par files, 25%. Most post 10% or less par2 files. I don't use par2 files
at
> all.
>
> If you have any problem with the post when I compleed it just leave me a
> note there and I'll take appropriate action.
>
> You're welcome!
>
> "Freud" <maybe@not.com> wrote in message
> news:MPG.1d25d84830baeea8989691@news.speakeasy.net...
> > In article <1119589045.7f66c99b6f9e3ddda6e0822b9d334f80@teranews>,
> > scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> > > alt.binaries.warez.palm is better for me. I don't have access to your
> > > suggested group and the one I suggested is always dead. Do you have
> access
> > > to this one? I can start posting as early as tomorrow (I still have to
> make
> > > the ISOs first but that shouldn't take long). You know how to use rar
> and
> > > par files, right?
> > >
> > alt.binaries.warez.palm is fine for me too, and yes, I know how to use
> > rar files. I really appreciate it.
> > Thanks,
> > Freud
>
>
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 7:19:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I tried to post these cds last night via flash newsgroups but none of the
posts showed on that server or road runner. I have an email out to their
tech support asking why. I am going to try again on teranews as soon as
their servers are up and running again. One of their datacenters had a
blackout. Sorry for the delay.


"Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1119772904.f5054c468a3133e263029c05e14f7429@teranews...
> Sorry I haven't done this yet. I've had a hard time since last night. I'm
> starting the ripping process now and will post as soon as they're done.
>
> "Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1119771523.dec2714b937ec9d8f02a6bf71163c0dc@teranews...
> > I'll try to start posting them there tomorrow for you> I'll popst both
CDs
> > losted as CD one and two, of course. I usually post more then the
average
> > par files, 25%. Most post 10% or less par2 files. I don't use par2 files
> at
> > all.
> >
> > If you have any problem with the post when I compleed it just leave me a
> > note there and I'll take appropriate action.
> >
> > You're welcome!
> >
> > "Freud" <maybe@not.com> wrote in message
> > news:MPG.1d25d84830baeea8989691@news.speakeasy.net...
> > > In article <1119589045.7f66c99b6f9e3ddda6e0822b9d334f80@teranews>,
> > > scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> > > > alt.binaries.warez.palm is better for me. I don't have access to
your
> > > > suggested group and the one I suggested is always dead. Do you have
> > access
> > > > to this one? I can start posting as early as tomorrow (I still have
to
> > make
> > > > the ISOs first but that shouldn't take long). You know how to use
rar
> > and
> > > > par files, right?
> > > >
> > > alt.binaries.warez.palm is fine for me too, and yes, I know how to use
> > > rar files. I really appreciate it.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Freud
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 6:32:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

While this is not quite on topic---
I use Agent as my news reader---but I do not know how to read/utilize

rar or Par2 files.
Any guidance, suggestions, help would be most appreciated.
Mahl

Scooterflex wrote:
> I tried to post these cds last night via flash newsgroups but none of the
> posts showed on that server or road runner. I have an email out to their
> tech support asking why. I am going to try again on teranews as soon as
> their servers are up and running again. One of their datacenters had a
> blackout. Sorry for the delay.
>
>
> "Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1119772904.f5054c468a3133e263029c05e14f7429@teranews...
>
>>Sorry I haven't done this yet. I've had a hard time since last night. I'm
>>starting the ripping process now and will post as soon as they're done.
>>
>>"Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:1119771523.dec2714b937ec9d8f02a6bf71163c0dc@teranews...
>>
>>>I'll try to start posting them there tomorrow for you> I'll popst both
>
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 10:23:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Read here... it explains everything.

http://www.slyck.com/ng.php?page=1

I thought you said you can use rar files.

"Mahlon Wagner" <mwagner2@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:k6Uve.56029$g5.21767@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> While this is not quite on topic---
> I use Agent as my news reader---but I do not know how to read/utilize
>
> rar or Par2 files.
> Any guidance, suggestions, help would be most appreciated.
> Mahl
>
> Scooterflex wrote:
> > I tried to post these cds last night via flash newsgroups but none of
the
> > posts showed on that server or road runner. I have an email out to their
> > tech support asking why. I am going to try again on teranews as soon as
> > their servers are up and running again. One of their datacenters had a
> > blackout. Sorry for the delay.
> >
> >
> > "Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:1119772904.f5054c468a3133e263029c05e14f7429@teranews...
> >
> >>Sorry I haven't done this yet. I've had a hard time since last night.
I'm
> >>starting the ripping process now and will post as soon as they're done.
> >>
> >>"Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>news:1119771523.dec2714b937ec9d8f02a6bf71163c0dc@teranews...
> >>
> >>>I'll try to start posting them there tomorrow for you> I'll popst both
> >
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 10:24:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

By the way, I made the images using Alcohol 120% so you would need that to
burn the image. I think they have a trial for download.

"Mahlon Wagner" <mwagner2@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message
news:k6Uve.56029$g5.21767@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> While this is not quite on topic---
> I use Agent as my news reader---but I do not know how to read/utilize
>
> rar or Par2 files.
> Any guidance, suggestions, help would be most appreciated.
> Mahl
>
> Scooterflex wrote:
> > I tried to post these cds last night via flash newsgroups but none of
the
> > posts showed on that server or road runner. I have an email out to their
> > tech support asking why. I am going to try again on teranews as soon as
> > their servers are up and running again. One of their datacenters had a
> > blackout. Sorry for the delay.
> >
> >
> > "Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:1119772904.f5054c468a3133e263029c05e14f7429@teranews...
> >
> >>Sorry I haven't done this yet. I've had a hard time since last night.
I'm
> >>starting the ripping process now and will post as soon as they're done.
> >>
> >>"Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>news:1119771523.dec2714b937ec9d8f02a6bf71163c0dc@teranews...
> >>
> >>>I'll try to start posting them there tomorrow for you> I'll popst both
> >
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 12:37:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:23:46 -0400, "Scooterflex"
<scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Read here... it explains everything.
>
>http://www.slyck.com/ng.php?page=1

IMHO - using newsgroups to distribute 700MB of data is a waste of a
valuable resource. rar files are a neat "trick" to get around
reasonable limits imposed by newsgroups, but still use the same amount
of bandwidth and storage space as one large file. If you wish to send
this amount of data to one or a few people why not do it through an
ftp site you own or can gain legal access to instead of flooding the
whole world with your semi-private data?


--
Vic Roberts
Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 7:37:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I didn't want to go through ftp because I like my anonymity and I just plain
lie Usenet. It is MY choice to post, not yours to not allow it. Your insight
on rar files is just plain wrong as with Usenet as a whole. All NNTP servers
are not created equal. Some servers drop files of certain sizes, some don't.
Hence the reason for smaller sizes and the using of par files. It doesn't
use the same amount of bandwidth because if you think about it using rar
files and par files decreases the amount of bandwidth. If people started
posting through Usenet the way you suggest, just one big file, then when
someone asks for a repost, the whole 700MB file has to be reposted thus
increasing the bandwidth. Now, let's move up to 21st century technology,
that same person posts the same file split into multiple parts and creates
par files to go with that post. If someone needs a repost all they have to
do is download one or more of the par files (depending how many they need)
and then they have the whole file. No extra bandwidth used other than a
minimum.

I am not 'flooding the whole world with my semi-private data' as you so
immaturely put it. As I told someone else in another group recently, the
world does not revolve around you so don't ever think it does. I am trying
to assist someone here by giving them access to CDs that they had lost. I
have not violated any software rights and I find it offensive that you don't
realize when someone is trying to help someone else. No one ever forced you
to view or download the data that I, or anyone else for that matter, posts
on Usenet. I am also conforming to the group's charter so what you have
complained about is a moot issue in the eyes of those that make a
difference.

"Victor Roberts" <xxx@lighting-research.com> wrote in message
news:D k61c1ljus9h98te9ltfl785d6i73ah2jn@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:23:46 -0400, "Scooterflex"
> <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Read here... it explains everything.
> >
> >http://www.slyck.com/ng.php?page=1
>
> IMHO - using newsgroups to distribute 700MB of data is a waste of a
> valuable resource. rar files are a neat "trick" to get around
> reasonable limits imposed by newsgroups, but still use the same amount
> of bandwidth and storage space as one large file. If you wish to send
> this amount of data to one or a few people why not do it through an
> ftp site you own or can gain legal access to instead of flooding the
> whole world with your semi-private data?
>
>
> --
> Vic Roberts
> Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:51:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 03:37:14 -0400, "Scooterflex"
<scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I didn't want to go through ftp because I like my anonymity and I just plain
>lie Usenet. It is MY choice to post, not yours to not allow it.

I never said I would not allow it. I don't have that power. I was only
stating that I believe your behavior is irresponsible.

>Your insight
>on rar files is just plain wrong as with Usenet as a whole. All NNTP servers
>are not created equal. Some servers drop files of certain sizes, some don't.
>Hence the reason for smaller sizes and the using of par files.

Right, the reason to break a large file into smaller ones is to get
around restrictions imposed to prevent posting large files.

>It doesn't
>use the same amount of bandwidth because if you think about it using rar
>files and par files decreases the amount of bandwidth. If people started
>posting through Usenet the way you suggest, just one big file, then when
>someone asks for a repost, the whole 700MB file has to be reposted thus
>increasing the bandwidth. Now, let's move up to 21st century technology,
>that same person posts the same file split into multiple parts and creates
>par files to go with that post. If someone needs a repost all they have to
>do is download one or more of the par files (depending how many they need)
>and then they have the whole file. No extra bandwidth used other than a
>minimum.

This repost argument is a red herring, and you know it. Only a small
fraction of files require reposting.

>I am not 'flooding the whole world with my semi-private data' as you so
>immaturely put it.

Insults aside, you are flooding the whole world with your data since
the files will be set to every news server that will accept them - and
you know this.

>As I told someone else in another group recently, the
>world does not revolve around you so don't ever think it does.

But you must think it revolves around you since you have decided it is
OK to abuse this public resource for your semi-private need.

>I am trying
>to assist someone here by giving them access to CDs that they had lost.

All well and good. Have you ever considered sending them a CD by snail
mail? Considering all the problems you have had posting the files,
they would have the CD by now.

>have not violated any software rights and I find it offensive that you don't
>realize when someone is trying to help someone else.

No one said you were violating any software rights. For the second
part, see above.

>No one ever forced you
>to view or download the data that I, or anyone else for that matter, posts
>on Usenet.

The bandwidth in question is that required to send your 700Mb of data
to every newsserver in the world that carries the newsgroup you are
going to post to.

>I am also conforming to the group's charter so what you have
>complained about is a moot issue in the eyes of those that make a
>difference.

I can only repeat that rar files are a trick to get around charter
restrictions on posting large files - and you know that, don't you?



>"Victor Roberts" <xxx@lighting-research.com> wrote in message
>news:D k61c1ljus9h98te9ltfl785d6i73ah2jn@4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:23:46 -0400, "Scooterflex"
>> <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Read here... it explains everything.
>> >
>> >http://www.slyck.com/ng.php?page=1
>>
>> IMHO - using newsgroups to distribute 700MB of data is a waste of a
>> valuable resource. rar files are a neat "trick" to get around
>> reasonable limits imposed by newsgroups, but still use the same amount
>> of bandwidth and storage space as one large file. If you wish to send
>> this amount of data to one or a few people why not do it through an
>> ftp site you own or can gain legal access to instead of flooding the
>> whole world with your semi-private data?
>>
>>
>> --
>> Vic Roberts
>> Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.
>

--
Vic Roberts
Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 10:04:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

> I never said I would not allow it. I don't have that power. I was only
> stating that I believe your behavior is irresponsible.

Your opinion.... but this is what Usenet has evolved to whether you like it
or not.

> Right, the reason to break a large file into smaller ones is to get
> around restrictions imposed to prevent posting large files.

Wrong. Most ISPs useold, under powered servers that do not have the space to
keep the files for extended times thus reducing retention or dropping posts.

> This repost argument is a red herring, and you know it. Only a small
> fraction of files require reposting.

That is completely true. It depends on the server the poster AND the
downloader use.

> Insults aside, you are flooding the whole world with your data since
> the files will be set to every news server that will accept them - and
> you know this.

Wrong yet again (that's three). I am not flooding the whole world with my
data because the whole world is not made up of news servers. You have the
choice to not download it, you have the choise to not view it. If people
posting files bother you so much then why put yourself in a situation where
you are seeing those files? Do you complain about every person that posts in
the warez and every binary group out there? Have you even seen the amount of
data that is posted every day on Usenet? This is what Usenet has evolved to,
if you don't want to see it and it bothers you so much then don't use it.

> But you must think it revolves around you since you have decided it is
> OK to abuse this public resource for your semi-private need.

I am using Usenet the way Usenet has evolved to. I am conforming to each
group's charter and FAQ if one is in place. I am following the rules set
forth by those that make the rules. You, sir (and I use the term loosely) do
not make the rules.

> All well and good. Have you ever considered sending them a CD by snail
> mail? Considering all the problems you have had posting the files,
> they would have the CD by now.

I did not consider mailing them the files because this is not the way I
wanted to do it. Had this been someone I knew, yes I would have considered
it but since it wasn't I didn't. Deal with it.

> The bandwidth in question is that required to send your 700Mb of data
> to every newsserver in the world that carries the newsgroup you are
> going to post to.

Have you complained about every poster in all the biaries groups as a whole
or individually? If you're going top complain to me about posting these two
CDs and using htese arguements then you should complain about evey person in
every binaries group there is on Usenet.

> I can only repeat that rar files are a trick to get around charter
> restrictions on posting large files - and you know that, don't you?

No, I don't. You're wrong, plain and simple. You just have no idea of the
working of a News Server, do you?
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 12:33:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:04:25 -0400, "Scooterflex"
<scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote:


>Wrong yet again (that's three). I am not flooding the whole world with my
>data because the whole world is not made up of news servers. You have the
>choice to not download it, you have the choise to not view it.

It sounds like you have no idea how Usenet works. (Or perhaps you do
and are just ignoring the reality to try to make your point.) Based on
your explanation it seems you think there is one huge news server that
serves the whole world (you can't really believe this) and no
bandwidth is wasted unless I and many other people choose to download
the files you have uploaded. The way it works is that every message
and file gets posted to the thousands of news servers all around the
world that carry that news group. So in order to send one CD to one or
two people you are sending the CD to many thousands of news servers
where no one is interested in your file.


--
Vic Roberts
Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:10:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <1120082692.aae647f3f18be54abea87438e41eb3ce@teranews>,
"Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote:


> I did not consider mailing them the files because this is not the way I
> wanted to do it. Had this been someone I knew, yes I would have considered
> it but since it wasn't I didn't. Deal with it.

Defensive much?

You wouldn't mail a stranger a CD but you would post files to a whole mess
of strangers. Hmmmm.

Ah, but I see it's Scooterflex.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:10:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Do you see any identifying data other than the server I popsted these
through in this header? Is there an IP address listed? There is no way to
trace this back to me other than to report me to my ISP.

Path:
be05!atl-c01.usenetserver.com!atl-c02.usenetserver.com!newscon02.news.prodig
y.com!prodigy.net!newsfeed.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp!newsfeed-east.nntpserver.com!
nntpserver.com!newsfeed-west.nntpserver.com!manticore.nntpserver.com.POSTED!
teranews!not-for-mail
From: ScooterFlex@yahoo.com (ScooterFlex)
Sender: ScooterFlex@yahoo.com
Newsgroups: alt.binaries.warez.palm
Subject: Second Try - Tungsten C install disks by request [027/130] -
TungstenC_Disk1.par (1/1) 11
X-Newsposter: NNTP POWER-POST 2000 (Build 24c) - net-toys.8k.com
X-No-Archive: yes
X-Server-Date: 27 Jun 2005 09:03:15 GMT
Lines: 258
NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 04:03:16 EST
Message-ID: <1119862996.22b527aa5ba21d767904cdc6686efd60@teranews>
X-Abuse-Report: http://www.usenetabuse.com
X-Abuse-Notes: Abuse reports must be submited via the usenetabuse.com portal
listed above.
X-Abuse-Notes2: Reports sent via any other method will not be processed.
X-Abuse-Notes3: Any other abuse reporting headers in this article are
fraudulent.
X-Orginal-Message-ID: <ohPve.48807$VU.1308@manticore.nntpserver.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:03:16 GMT
Xref: usenetserver.com alt.binaries.warez.palm:1268
"Guy Bannis" <guy@ether.net> wrote in message
news:guy-2906051512040001@192.168.1.103...
> In article <1120082692.aae647f3f18be54abea87438e41eb3ce@teranews>,
> "Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
> > I did not consider mailing them the files because this is not the way I
> > wanted to do it. Had this been someone I knew, yes I would have
considered
> > it but since it wasn't I didn't. Deal with it.
>
> Defensive much?
>
> You wouldn't mail a stranger a CD but you would post files to a whole mess
> of strangers. Hmmmm.
>
> Ah, but I see it's Scooterflex.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:16:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Wrong again, VIC. I know there is a lot more than one news server. I know
they propagate (can you say this word?) to all other servers that have
access to a particular group. What you haven't answered is this:

Do you complain about every person posting full CDs, or in some cases full
DVDs to every binaries group or have you just singled me out because I
didn't post something that you needed/wanted? Someone does care what I
posted, someone actually ASKED for it. I didn't go to all the trouble to
create the rar and par files and ask my nsp why my posts were not going
through and then post it because I felt like wasting time. You must be an
idiot if you think I were to do that. Just because you are not interested in
what I posted that does not mean that other people can't use what I post.
Remember, the world does NOT revolve around Dick... oh sorry, I meant Vic.
And for you to single me out when I posted just 2 or three CDs worth of data
means you're a petty, little man with nothing else to take up his spare
time.

> It sounds like you have no idea how Usenet works. (Or perhaps you do
> and are just ignoring the reality to try to make your point.) Based on
> your explanation it seems you think there is one huge news server that
> serves the whole world (you can't really believe this) and no
> bandwidth is wasted unless I and many other people choose to download
> the files you have uploaded. The way it works is that every message
> and file gets posted to the thousands of news servers all around the
> world that carry that news group. So in order to send one CD to one or
> two people you are sending the CD to many thousands of news servers
> where no one is interested in your file.
>
>
> --
> Vic Roberts
> Replace xxx with vdr in e-mail address.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 10:18:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

"Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1120082692.aae647f3f18be54abea87438e41eb3ce@teranews...

scooter, you might want to check out 'yousendit'. An alternative to usenet
for 1:1 file xfers. 1Gb limit though I find at above 150Mb or so the xfer
times are excessive.

--
Tumbleweed

email replies not necessary but to contact use;
tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com
July 1, 2005 11:04:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <1120197561.069dddb3ff555af3293e2b7b7b38ccd0@teranews>,
scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> Thanks for pointing that out but I wasn't going to respond to his
> childishness anymore. I was done last night with it because it was clear I
> wasn't getting through to him.

Pleasure - welcome back to the real, reasonable, and sometimes-sane
world :) )

--

NightStalker
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:04:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

> Pleasure - welcome back to the real, reasonable, and sometimes-sane
> world :) )
> --
>
> NightStalker

It's nice over here..I think I'll stay a while.
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 11:05:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <1119772904.f5054c468a3133e263029c05e14f7429@teranews>,
scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> Sorry I haven't done this yet. I've had a hard time since last night. I'm
> starting the ripping process now and will post as soon as they're done.
>

Whenever you have time would be great.
Thanks,
Freud
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 6:13:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I completed it a few days ago to a.b.warez.palm. Look for the third try,
that's the complete set.

"Freud" <maybe@not.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d291c8da6e34777989692@news.speakeasy.net...
> In article <1119772904.f5054c468a3133e263029c05e14f7429@teranews>,
> scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> > Sorry I haven't done this yet. I've had a hard time since last night.
I'm
> > starting the ripping process now and will post as soon as they're done.
> >
>
> Whenever you have time would be great.
> Thanks,
> Freud
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 3:04:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <1120284810.37c1d0c5021aff3627946087fe39a0b7@teranews>,
scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> I completed it a few days ago to a.b.warez.palm. Look for the third try,
> that's the complete set.

I got CD1 fine, thanks so much - I was out of town for a few days. One
section of TungstenC_Disk2.part05.rar didn't come through, so if you
could repost that section it would be great, but the first disk is the
one I really needed. I'm sorry you got flamed above for providing this;
I agree that usenet is good for this type of thing. Why would you want
to give me, a total stranger, access to your ftp? Aren't binary groups
for just this sort of thing? You've helped me out anonymously, and I
really appreciate it.
Thanks again,
Freud
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 11:49:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

If all you're missing is one part on disk 2 just download one of the PAR
files and FSRaid (posted here) and you're good go. If you need help with how
to use PAR files just read the foloowing link.

http://www.slyck.com/ng.php?page=6

You're welcome on the post. I'm not worried about trolls, you find them in
every group you go to. If you need more help feel free to ask me.

"Freud" <maybe@not.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d307713bd1d4a57989693@news.speakeasy.net...
> In article <1120284810.37c1d0c5021aff3627946087fe39a0b7@teranews>,
> scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> > I completed it a few days ago to a.b.warez.palm. Look for the third try,
> > that's the complete set.
>
> I got CD1 fine, thanks so much - I was out of town for a few days. One
> section of TungstenC_Disk2.part05.rar didn't come through, so if you
> could repost that section it would be great, but the first disk is the
> one I really needed. I'm sorry you got flamed above for providing this;
> I agree that usenet is good for this type of thing. Why would you want
> to give me, a total stranger, access to your ftp? Aren't binary groups
> for just this sort of thing? You've helped me out anonymously, and I
> really appreciate it.
> Thanks again,
> Freud
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 11:50:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Actually I post FSRaid in the group I posted the CDs in. Sound good?

"Freud" <maybe@not.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d307713bd1d4a57989693@news.speakeasy.net...
> In article <1120284810.37c1d0c5021aff3627946087fe39a0b7@teranews>,
> scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> > I completed it a few days ago to a.b.warez.palm. Look for the third try,
> > that's the complete set.
>
> I got CD1 fine, thanks so much - I was out of town for a few days. One
> section of TungstenC_Disk2.part05.rar didn't come through, so if you
> could repost that section it would be great, but the first disk is the
> one I really needed. I'm sorry you got flamed above for providing this;
> I agree that usenet is good for this type of thing. Why would you want
> to give me, a total stranger, access to your ftp? Aren't binary groups
> for just this sort of thing? You've helped me out anonymously, and I
> really appreciate it.
> Thanks again,
> Freud
July 3, 2005 12:05:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <MPG.1d307713bd1d4a57989693@news.speakeasy.net>,
maybe@not.com says...
> In article <1120284810.37c1d0c5021aff3627946087fe39a0b7@teranews>,
> scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> > I completed it a few days ago to a.b.warez.palm. Look for the third try,
> > that's the complete set.
>
> I got CD1 fine, thanks so much - I was out of town for a few days. One
> section of TungstenC_Disk2.part05.rar didn't come through, so if you
> could repost that section it would be great, but the first disk is the
> one I really needed. I'm sorry you got flamed above for providing this;
> I agree that usenet is good for this type of thing. Why would you want
> to give me, a total stranger, access to your ftp? Aren't binary groups
> for just this sort of thing? You've helped me out anonymously, and I
> really appreciate it.
> Thanks again,
> Freud
>

Ahh - how refreshing :)  Politeness, gratitude, common sense, and
respect for fellow posters has returned to Usenet. :) 

And no - that's NOT being sarcastic.

--

NightStalker
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 12:05:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

It is refreshing to see this sort of gratitude every once in a while after
seeing the many flames that preceed it. But it's worth it if it helps
someone in my opinion.

"NightStalker" <Nightstalker@somewhere.or.other> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d31acbb86eed5309897d1@news-50.giganews.com...
> In article <MPG.1d307713bd1d4a57989693@news.speakeasy.net>,
> maybe@not.com says...
> > In article <1120284810.37c1d0c5021aff3627946087fe39a0b7@teranews>,
> > scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> > > I completed it a few days ago to a.b.warez.palm. Look for the third
try,
> > > that's the complete set.
> >
> > I got CD1 fine, thanks so much - I was out of town for a few days. One
> > section of TungstenC_Disk2.part05.rar didn't come through, so if you
> > could repost that section it would be great, but the first disk is the
> > one I really needed. I'm sorry you got flamed above for providing this;
> > I agree that usenet is good for this type of thing. Why would you want
> > to give me, a total stranger, access to your ftp? Aren't binary groups
> > for just this sort of thing? You've helped me out anonymously, and I
> > really appreciate it.
> > Thanks again,
> > Freud
> >
>
> Ahh - how refreshing :)  Politeness, gratitude, common sense, and
> respect for fellow posters has returned to Usenet. :) 
>
> And no - that's NOT being sarcastic.
>
> --
>
> NightStalker
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 3:53:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <1120348218.36f9500813ed9641a3395f8f8a3136d4@teranews>,
scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> Actually I post FSRaid in the group I posted the CDs in. Sound good?
>
That worked great - I've never had to recover with PAR files before,
learned something new.
Thanks again,
Freud
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 11:29:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.sys.palmtop.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Anytime. I'm glad it worked out for you. If you need anything else, feel
free to ask and I'll do what I can to help out.

"Freud" <maybe@not.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1d3476eca3482fe0989694@news.speakeasy.net...
> In article <1120348218.36f9500813ed9641a3395f8f8a3136d4@teranews>,
> scootertrasher@yahoo.com says...
> > Actually I post FSRaid in the group I posted the CDs in. Sound good?
> >
> That worked great - I've never had to recover with PAR files before,
> learned something new.
> Thanks again,
> Freud
!