[Tournament Report]South Central Qualifier- Lafayette, LA

It was a fun filled weekend with much playing, frivolity, joking, and idiocy
to go around. We had 20 players show up and there was everything from
weenie, anarch revolt politics to Enkidu Black Hand. There was a huge
variety in decks and every round presented something different.

Congradulations to Chad Brinkley for emerging victorious with his Ahrimanes
Bruise-Bleed Wall. His victory was hard earned in the Finals.

The finals were Graham Blake (!Malk S&B)-->Andrew Taylor (Tzimice
Wall)-->Chad Brinkley (Ahrimanes Bruise-Bleed Wall)--> Norm Brown (Pre/Thau
Stealth Bleed&Vote)-->Albert Chang (Tremere Wall). Graham came flying out
of the blocks and put Andrew on his heels early as the table was getting set
up. Andrew was scrambling to keep his defenses in place. Chad was pounding
into me repeatedly, but luckily I had alot of Telepathic Counters and Dummy
Corps to reduce his bleeds. I was laying into Albert with all the Legal
Manipulations and KRC's I could manage, but Albert's pesky Tremere
intercepted almost everything I tried. Graham then ousted Andrew, but not
before Andrew took down Vantasenesa with a Rotschrek. Vantasenesa was
immediately diablerized. Graham's goose was cooked and Albert ousted him
shortly there after. So it was down to Norm-->Albert-->Chad. Albert
blocked every action I took and sent 3 of my 4 minions to torpor leaving me
with six pool. Chad then bled into me for 3 leaving me with 3 pool. My
game was finished, and I transferred myself out of the game so as not to be
a meat shield. Chad and Albert went back and forth, around and around with
Chad eventually coming out on top.

Final Rank Name Prelim GWs Prelim VPs Final VPs TPs
1 Chad Brinkley 1 4.5 3 138
2 Graham Blake 3 10 1 180
3 Albert Chang 2 7.5 1 156
4 Andrew Taylor 1 4.5 0 132
5 Norm Brown 1 4 0 108
6 Derek Ray 1 3.5 126
7 Joey Theriot 1 3 126
8 Mike Perlman 1 2 96
9 Daniel Harris 0 4 138
10 Oscar Garza 0 2.5 120
11 Mark Figuerola 0 2 120
12 Justin Shackelford 0 2 114
13 Barrett Bolivar 0 2 108
14 Trey Piazza 0 1 84
15 David Tatu 0 0.5 84
16 Danielle Capritto 0 0.5 78
17 Kyle Fabre 0 0 66
17 Jeff Marx 0 0 66
19 Jacob Potter 0 0 60
19 Kelly Loins 0 0 60

So we now have 5 qualifiers out of the South Central Qualifier

1) Chad Brinkley
2) Graham Blake
3) Albert Chang
4) Andrew Taylor
5) Norm Brown

I want to thank everyone who attended and contributed to having a GREAT
qualifier weekend!

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

Congrats to Chad!
Sounds like a lot of fun was had by all.
You gonna be in Indy Norm?

Dean

Absolutely!

"DeanG" <dfgarrison@msn.com> wrote in message
> Congrats to Chad!
> Sounds like a lot of fun was had by all.
> You gonna be in Indy Norm?
>
> Dean

TRENDING THREADS