Status
Not open for further replies.

kmaster224

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
1. What is your budget? Up to $1000 but if necessary maximum of $1200

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Either a 15 inch or 17 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? No

5. How much battery life do you need? Doesn't matter, will be plugged in 99% of the time.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Definitely. Call of duty on high, skyrim high/medium, NFS high, minecraft.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Surfing the web, watching some movies

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Minimum 500gb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? minimum of 3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? I would love a blu ray but on my budget idk. I need a DVD

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. The Asus laptops with air venting out the back seem cool. But any brand would work.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I would like a back lit keyboard but it's not a need. I need at least a quad core 2.2 ghz processor from Intel. And I prefer Nvidia cards, the 550m and 560m look good.

kmaster224

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Thanks WR2 those laptops look great! And JackNaylorPE I'm going to look around on that, thank you. I'm sorry but I have to change the screen size, I need a 15 inch. Do you have any other good deals?

It's 'what's inside' that mostly determines how much a laptop costs and how well it performs.

15" lighter and better portability. 17" has more room for features or improved engineering (better cooling for higher end graphics cards and a 2nd HDD/SSD bay, for example). For some people a 15" 1920x1080 resolution LCD results in text being too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.