[TWD] Atlanta's April Showers Tournament (multi-deck)

Atlanta Game Factory
Atlanta, Georgia
Saturday the 16th of April, 2005
2 R + F
10 players
Multi-deck and multi-judge

Final Standings (unofficial):

Rank Name GW VP Final
1. Jeffrey Thompson 1 4 4
2. Michael Perlman 1 3.5 1
3. Todd Bannister 1 4 0
4. John Newquist 0 3 0
5. David Tatu 0 1.5 0

6-10 in no particular order
Sonny Prowett
Erin Prowett
Robyn Tatu
Danielle Newquist
Simeon Nagel

Round 1
Jeffrey Thompson (Bay and Howl) 0vp
John Newquist (non-Malkavian dominate obfuscate stealth bleed) 2vp
Sonny Prowett (Who's Your Daddy - Waters of Duat Corruption) 0vp
David Tatu (Brujah Antitribu - celerity/potence/presence) 0vp
Michael Perlman (Theo Bell/Amelia perma-rush with Burning Wrath) 3vp

Todd Bannister (Janni/Joe "Boot" Hill - Assamite rush) 4vp
Robyn Tatu (no idea) 0vp
Danielle Newquist (Enkidu multi-rush) 0vp
Erin Prowett (Brujah antitribu flung junk) 1vp
Simeon Nagel (Malkavian antitribu stealth bleed) 0vp

Round 2
Todd Bannister (Janni/Joe "Boot" Hill - Assamite rush) 0vp
Jeffrey Thompson (In the Presence of Lasombra) 4vp
Simeon Nagel (Malkavian antitribu stealth bleed) 0vp
Erin Prowett (Tzimisce Fiendish Tongue bleed) 0vp
John Newquist (Malkavian/Malkavian antitribu dementation bleed) 1vp

Mike Perlman (obfuscate weenies who hunt) 0.5vp
Robyn Tatu (auspex weenies who block) 0.5vp
David Tatu (Ventrue antitribu Weighted Walking Stick /
Concealed .44 Magnum) 1.5vp
Sonny Prowett (Who's Your Daddy - Waters of Duat Corruption) 1vp
Danielle Newquist (Enkidu multi-rush) 0vp

Final table
Todd won the tie breaker to be the top seed going into the finals.
David and John had no choice about where to sit. Michael chose to sit
behind David and in front of John. I choose to sit in front of David.
Todd chose to sit in front of me.

John went first.

John Newquist (Dangerously Cheesy - caitiff prince making vote
deck) 0vp
Mike Perlman (obfuscate weenies who hunt) 1vp
David Tatu (thaumaturgy weenies with Tremere Convocation) 0vp
Jeffrey Thompson (Unmasking the War Ghouls) 4vp
Todd Bannister (Janni/Joe "Boot" Hill - Assamite rush) 0vp

A few specific actions decided the game.

1) David played a Charnas the Imp on Terrence. The Little Tailor
immediately turned it into a War Ghoul.
2) John played a Sabbat Threat and targeted the Tzimisce as well as
his prey and his grand prey. This caused David to be ousted by Mike,
and caused the War Ghouls to go across the table to dunk the famous
Igo the Hungry.
3) The War Ghouls offered to dunk all of John's minions if Mike would
diablerize the Famous Igo. The War Ghouls successfully followed
through on this deal.
4) The Assamites were 2 pool away from Dragonbound ousting the Caitiff
when all of the Assamites entered torpor at the hands of the War
Ghouls.
5) Both the Assamites and the Caitiff where ousted on the same turn by
the Tzimisce.

Bay and Howl
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/message/2839

The Little Tailor of Prague Unmasks the War Ghouls
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/message/2336

In the Presence of Lasombra
(updated to remove the Dramatic Upheavals from prior years, below)

Deck Name: In the Presence of the Lasombra
Created By: The Lasombra
remove the Dramatic Upheavals as required by the current tournament
rules.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 31, Max: 40, Avg: 9.00)
2 Tobias Smith DOM OBT pot PRE 7, Lasombra:3
1 Gratiano DOM obf OBT pot 8, Lasombra:2, Priscus
3 Francisco Domingo de Polonia DOM OBT POT PRE pro
9, Lasombra:2, Archbishop
1 Alvaro dom OBT POT pre 9, Lasombra:2, Archbishop
2 Ambrosio Luis Moncada aus DOM for OBT POT PRE
10, Lasombra:2, Cardinal
2 Marcus Vitel DOM FOR OBF OBT PRE 10, Ventrue:3, Prince
1 Ayelea AUS DOM OBT pre THA 10, Tremere antitribu:2, Cardinal

Library: (89 cards)
-------------------
Master (16 cards)
2 Direct Intervention
1 Fame
1 Information Highway
7 Minion Tap
1 Pentex Subversion
1 Powerbase: Madrid
1 Secure Haven
2 Sudden Reversal

Action Modifier (25 cards)
6 Awe
2 Bewitching Oration
3 Blanket of Night
5 Shadow Play
9 Voter Captivation

Political Action (21 cards)
2 Anarchist Uprising
1 Ancient Influence
2 Ancilla Empowerment
1 Banishment
2 Cardinal Benediction
1 Consanguineous Boon
4 Conservative Agitation
7 Kine Resources Contested
1 Political Stranglehold

Reaction (27 cards)
5 Deflection
1 Delaying Tactics
9 Obedience
4 Redirection
8 Wake with Evening's Freshness

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:23:46 -0400, The Lasombra
<TheLasombra@hotmail.com> scrawled:

>1) David played a Charnas the Imp on Terrence. The Little Tailor
>immediately turned it into a War Ghoul.

ahahaha! man i hate Charnas.....when other people play him...

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)