Erciyes Fragments, The + Eye of Hazimel

Erciyes Fragments, The
Unique master. Put this card in play. Tap this card to move a library
card from your prey`s ash heap to this card, face down. You may look at
that card at any time. You may play the card from the Fragments as if
playing it from your hand (requirements and cost, if any, apply as
normal). When that card is burned, remove it from the game instead.
Only 1 card can be on this card at a time. Any vampire with a capacity
above 4 can steal the Fragments (and any card on it) for his or her
controller as a (D) action.

Eye of Hazimel
Unique equipment. The minion with this equipment gets +1 bleed and +1
strength. This minion may enter combat with any minion controlled by
another Methuselah as a (D) action. If this minion is a vampire, he or
she has superior Potence [POT] and superior Chimerstry [CHI], and
combat cards cost this vampire 1 less blood to play. While the bearer
is ready, this equipment cannot be transferred, moved or stolen. If
this equipment is burned, this minion takes 5 unpreventable damage.
During your untap phase, burn 1 pool or burn this equipment.

So, if I loose the Eye after having equipped it from the Fragment, then
I don't take the 5 upreventable, right?

Cheers,
-Scrote

Colin McGuigan wrote:
> scrote wrote:
> > So, if I loose the Eye after having equipped it from the Fragment,
then
> > I don't take the 5 upreventable, right?
>
> Apparently. Keyword on EF being "instead", so it's never actually
burned.

> (More Frederick the Weak multirush tech...)

Now... how do we get a copy of the eye of hazimel in our prey's
ashheap?

We don't... so sad.

(there needs to be more ccgs that can manipulate other players
ashheaps...)

Colin McGuigan wrote:
> scrote wrote:
> > So, if I loose the Eye after having equipped it from the Fragment,
then
> > I don't take the 5 upreventable, right?
>
> Apparently. Keyword on EF being "instead", so it's never actually
burned.

> (More Frederick the Weak multirush tech...)

Amusingly, this would mean if you manage to play an Embrace (or 3rd
Tradition, or Waters of Duat, or Legion a Master:Discipline, etc) out
of your prey's ash heap using the Erciyes, when the fledgeling gets
burnt he won't count for Tension in the Ranks or Path of Death and the
Soul, either.

> --Colin McGuigan

-John Flournoy

scrote wrote:
> Erciyes Fragments, The
> Eye of Hazimel

> So, if I loose the Eye after having equipped it from the Fragment, then
> I don't take the 5 upreventable, right?

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

In article <1113752758.863746.174990@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
Screaming Vermillian wrote:

>> (More Frederick the Weak multirush tech...)
>
> Now... how do we get a copy of the eye of hazimel in our prey's
> ashheap?

Borrow minion, equip.
Borrow minion, heidelberg, bleed
(ybercool Salubri disarm deck, sadly disarm+anestetic
touch does not work)

uriah winter.

And lastly, the most excellent:
caiaphas smith, heidelberg, kindred segretation!

--
Sator Ukko
333=11

Sator Ukko wrote:
> In article <1113752758.863746.174990@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
> Screaming Vermillian wrote:
>>Now... how do we get a copy of the eye of hazimel in our prey's
>>ashheap?
>>

> Borrow minion, equip.
> Borrow minion, heidelberg, bleed
> (ybercool Salubri disarm deck, sadly disarm+anestetic
> touch does not work)
>
> uriah winter.
>
> And lastly, the most excellent:
> caiaphas smith, heidelberg, kindred segretation!

None of these will work. Cards go into their owner's ash heap, not
their controller's. The only way to get an Eye of Hazimel in your
prey's ash heap is for your prey to have an Eye of Hazimel in their deck.

--Colin McGuigan

On 18 Apr 2005 14:15:38 GMT, Sator@Remove_Me.room33.com.invalid (Sator
Ukko) scrawled:

>(ybercool Salubri disarm deck, sadly disarm+anestetic
>touch does not work)

why not?

i hands for 1 w/ anesthetic touch at first strike.
you do whatever.
my strike resolves, then combat ends.
this is the end of the round.
disarm is played at the end of the round.
i did more damage than you.
*yoink*

salem
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
(replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:36:08 -0500, Colin McGuigan
<maguaSPAM@BGONEspeakeasy.net> scrawled:

>Sator Ukko wrote:
>> In article <1113752758.863746.174990@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
>> Screaming Vermillian wrote:
>>>Now... how do we get a copy of the eye of hazimel in our prey's
>>>ashheap?
>>>

>> Borrow minion, equip.
>> Borrow minion, heidelberg, bleed
>> (ybercool Salubri disarm deck, sadly disarm+anestetic
>> touch does not work)
>>
>> uriah winter.
>>
>> And lastly, the most excellent:
>> caiaphas smith, heidelberg, kindred segretation!
>
>None of these will work. Cards go into their owner's ash heap, not
>their controller's. The only way to get an Eye of Hazimel in your
>prey's ash heap is for your prey to have an Eye of Hazimel in their deck.

also, i am pretty sure heidleburg is only between vampires, not
minions in general.

but another way to do it would be to have eye in your deck, and
fragments, and have your predator steal the fragments, and then put
the eye on it, and then you steal the fragments back, and get the eye.