Leadtek Winfast A280 LE TD MYVIVO GeForce4 TI 4200

gforty

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2003
I posted in tv/capture cards forum, maybe here is a better place.
Anybody have one of these? Leadtek Winfast A280 LE TD MYVIVO GeForce4 TI 4200 128MB 8x AGP Video Card-Retail Box. I am thinking of getting this instead of the 8500DV but the leadtek website is kind of vague. I am wondering if it has all of the following:Ability to input video from a camcorder(VHS); Ability to watch and record live tv(cable input?)Will it do all of this without having to add something else.
Thanks!!

donnore

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2003
I may not be of much help, but, if you want good quality video playback/capture/editing or anything media, ATI products are more suitable. That´s because media has always been their specialty, most other brands put more effort on gaming.
I´m going for a 7500 myself, for the good ability to watch and record live tv(cable input). Although the card is slightly dated.

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
The video-in feature of the A280 only accepts analog video inupt. So it allows you to input video from a camcorder(VHS). However, it doesn't have built-in TV tuner which you can't just connect the card to cable and to watch and record live tv. You need some sort of TV tuner box or just a TV set.