DECK - Enkidu the Miller

Is this a fools errand?

Deck Name: Enkidu the Miller
Created By: J
Brinksmanship

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 44, Max: 44, Avg: 6.5)
6 Enkidu for ANI CEL OBF POT PRO 11 Gangrel Antitribu
6x 2 Caps

Library: (75 cards)
-------------------
Master (8 cards)
2 Dia de los Muertos
1 Giant`s Blood
1 Blood Doll
1 Festivo dello Estinto
1 Coven, The
1 Campground Hunting Ground
1 Guardian Angel

Action (4 cards)
2 Shadow of the Beast
2 Entrenching

Action Modifier (7 cards)
4 Animal Magnetism
3 Forced March

Political Action (4 cards)
1 Cardinal Benediction
3 Brinksmanship

Combat (42 cards)
25 Psyche!
9 Pack Alpha
4 Earth Meld
4 Taste of Vitae

Ally (1 cards)
1 Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Retainer (9 cards)
9 Raptor

--> J

arg, you got to it before i did...
just some things to consider:
add 1 or 2 owl spies to burn to get the extra punchiness from pack
alpha
1 more tase can't hurt
Regent + Eternal Vigilance or a homunculus for some permanant untaps
and where's the rack? or powerbase Baranguilla [sp?]
Who wantts to D action them when enkidu is watching them?

-KB, Prince of Harrisburg

Quetzalcoatl

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005

We were just discussing this last night at the regular Sydney social.

One idea:
Dual Form (minor) for Enkidu so he could recruit a raptor, untap, rush,
pack alpha a raptor, untap at end of turn

of course with Forced March he could do something else as well like
bleed and then untap at end of turn.

You get the idea.

> Brinksmanship

I was immediately suspicious / wary of Enkidu, cos I saw the potential
for him to go a bit too well with Raptors... I visualised it as a rush
/ intercept deck, with the Raptors and Gemini's Mirror there to hose
other combat options - Enkidu could waltz over with a simple combo
(like Leathery Hide / Disarm), and nuke any vampire, without any risk
at all. Oust with Fame / weenie bleeds, exactly like a Fatima deck.

The deck milling would just be rubbing salt into the stumps.

-your concept is better, cos it's fast and more prey-focused.

> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 44, Max: 44, Avg: 6.5)
> 6 Enkidu for ANI CEL OBF POT PRO 11 Gangrel Antitribu
> 6x 2 Caps

If you could find room for Heidelberg Castle or Shepherd's Innocence,
you could try adding a couple of midcaps with ANI, to help out with the
Raptor fetching.

> Master (8 cards)
> 2 Dia de los Muertos
> 1 Giant`s Blood
> 1 Blood Doll
> 1 Festivo dello Estinto
> 1 Coven, The
> 1 Campground Hunting Ground
> 1 Guardian Angel

Carver's Meat Packing and Storage = pure glory for this deck. Probably
better than a hunting ground, and cheaper too. Obviously it's
beneficial if you can pack another player's weenies into torpor, and
it's also great cos it lets you bleed recklessly with your own chumps.
If they get axed, they provide free blood for Enkidu! A perfect excuse
to drop the line:

"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more
powerful than you could possibly imagine."

Another Guardian Angel might be better than your Coven or Hunting
ground - cos you will get hit quite a lot.

> Combat (42 cards)
> 25 Psyche!
> 9 Pack Alpha
> 4 Earth Meld
> 4 Taste of Vitae

Not sure if you would need quite so many Psyche. Very funny, though.

Early on, before you get lots of Raptors on Enkidu, you are vulnerable
to other combat decks. Other players will nuke Enkidu, if they can,
once they work out what your trick is.

Currently, you have no defence against (say) a rush from Beast, and you
are probably screwed if a Tzimisce or Gangrel blocks you and plays some
aggro. Adding in 5 Leathery Hide (or whatever) should keep you safe
against all but a few cards. They will also be very easy to cycle,
since you are fighting at close range, and should expect to get punched
for 1 a fair bit (until you draw a Guardian Angel, but even then, you
can choose not to use it, and cycle transient cards instead).

J wrote:
> Is this a fools errand?

Well, looks like its time for PTO to see some play this Friday J :)

-Scrote

salem wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2005 02:23:51 -0700, "scrote" <mudz78@hotmail.com>
scrawled:

> >J wrote:
> >> Is this a fools errand?
> >
> >Well, looks like its time for PTO to see some play this Friday J :)
>
> and one or two elder impersonations so you can actully get it to
> referendum.
>
> :D

Well preferably, Enkidu will be burning across table.

-Scrote

> salem
> http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
> (replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

I had a similar idea. Below is my deck, which I'm currently playing
(and losing horribly) in Jyhad-On-Line, here:
http://deckserver.net:8080/jol3/jt2005a9

If you are playing in this game with me (Pat, Klaital, Marc), please do
not look at the deck list. :)

<spoiler space follows>

As you can infer, I was most worried about guns/equipment, and PTO.
The little guys are there to diablerize people in torpor as necessary,
or bleed for 1 if I've torpored all the vamps of my prey. I was
expecting more of a vote/bleed environment, and less combat. I fear
the Lady Thunder. Twisted Forest was perhaps unnecessary, but could be
useful for more accurate rushes. I figured I would only pass the vote
with Día de los Muertos, so I didn't include vote push, but Animal
Magnetism is an interesting angle. I hate to include vote push if I
have only 3 votes in the deck.

I feel like I have about the right number of psyche/raptor/pack alpha,
but should have included more Taste of Vitae and prevent. It's harder
to stay alive in combat when you're spending 2 blood a round. If you
figure 7 rounds of combat for 7 raptors, that's a minimum of 14 blood
on the raptors plus 7 blood from getting hit once per round. Guardian
Angel is an excellent idea. I would even consider 2-3, combos well
with Psyche! Shadow of the Beast also seems like a decent idea, though
taking that action is costly - I'd rather rush, because I figure my
existing combat will win, and my deck is already quite slow. Mylan
Horseed is a no-brainer, and it was certainly an error for me to omit
him. He is awesome. Entrenching seems OK, but better just to rush and
Taste. Forced March is a good idea, and I overlooked it because I
don't know KMW yet, but even so, I'm not sure what else I would do
other than rush on my turn. :)

Anyway, enough preamble, here's the deck. Look at turn 5.1 to see the
first combat.

Vampire(12)
6 Enkidu, The Noah
3 Jeffrey Mullins
1 Jesús Alcalá
1 Lisa Noble
1 Sandra White

Master(11)
2 Blood Doll
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
2 Día de los Muertos
1 Direct Intervention
1 Elder Library
1 Giant's Blood
1 The Coven
1 Twisted Forest

Action Modifier(3)
2 Forgotten Labyrinth
1 Lost in Crowds

Combat(51)
14 Psyche!
13 Pack Alpha
7 Taste of Vitae
3 Canine Horde
3 Flesh of Marble
3 Leathery Hide
2 Drawing Out the Beast
2 Pursuit
2 Sideslip
1 Acrobatics
1 Skin of Steel

Political Action(3)
3 Brinksmanship

Reaction(7)
3 Forced Awakening
2 Confusion of the Eye
2 Wake with Evening's Freshness

Retainer(15)
14 Raptor
1 Homunculus

Total library: 90

In article <1113879797.797719.3200@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "J"
<grail_j@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Is this a fools errand?
>
>Deck Name: Enkidu the Miller
>Created By: J
>Brinksmanship

<snip>

Looks funky. Comments:

- I'd add a few Beast Meld to pass the vote unblockable. You don't seem to
pack too much stealth.
- Ideas to pass the vote: low-cap Malks + Malk Rider Clause, low-cap
!Malks + Sibyl's Tongue to fetch the Dia (or other cards once the Brinks
is in play).
- I'd up the Packs and Raptor a bit (10-12?).
- DI would be good against PtO (and about everything else).

--
charles lechasseur - danov@novideospamtron.ca

On 19 Apr 2005 15:26:16 -0700, "scrote" <mudz78@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> >Well, looks like its time for PTO to see some play this Friday J :)
>>
>> and one or two elder impersonations so you can actully get it to
>> referendum.
>>
>> :D
>>

>Well preferably, Enkidu will be burning across table.
>
>-Scrote

Which is something to do as soon as possible, Raptors or not Raptors.

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Newsletter Editor