Rock Cat, Zip Gun

As an act of desperation, a Rock Cat rushes Frederick the Weak.
Unfortunately, instead of having The One True Card in hand, Freddie only
has a Zip Gun. Freddie plays it during pre-range. The questions are:

1) Can he use the maneuver from the Zip Gun even if he's known to not be
allowed to strike due to the Rock Cat's card text?

2) If 1) is yes, does he take 1 damage from the Zip Gun?

Ankur

Ankur Gupta <agupta@cs.duke.edu> wrote:
> As an act of desperation, a Rock Cat rushes Frederick the Weak.
> Unfortunately, instead of having The One True Card in hand, Freddie only
> has a Zip Gun. Freddie plays it during pre-range. The questions are:

> 1) Can he use the maneuver from the Zip Gun even if he's known to not be
> allowed to strike due to the Rock Cat's card text?

No.
There is a GIANT ANGRY CAT MADE OF STONE chasing after Frederick, and he
is frozen in fear as he is mauled by the beast.

Ankur Gupta wrote:
> As an act of desperation, a Rock Cat rushes Frederick the Weak.
> Unfortunately, instead of having The One True Card in hand, Freddie only
> has a Zip Gun. Freddie plays it during pre-range. The questions are:

Taunting the Rock Cat, I see.

> 1) Can he use the maneuver from the Zip Gun even if he's known to not be
> allowed to strike due to the Rock Cat's card text?

No. See also: Gun vs Hidden Lurker. You can't manuever with a gun if
you can't strike with it.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/2227b15895e45edf?dmode=source&hl=en

> 2) If 1) is yes, does he take 1 damage from the Zip Gun?

Moot.

--Colin McGuigan

Ankur Gupta wrote:
> 1) Can he use the maneuver from the Zip Gun even if he's known to not
be
> allowed to strike due to the Rock Cat's card text?

No. Already covered with respect to guns with [TEM] Lapse

google for "maneuver no strike author:LSJ"

Ankur Gupta wrote:

> 2) If 1) is yes, does he take 1 damage from the Zip Gun?

First question was already answered. But if he could maneuver from the
Zip Gun, he would take the damage even if he can't strike with it.
This happens, frex, when a minion maneuvers with Zip Gun, then the
other minion maneuvers back and plays Immortal Grapple. Even though
you have no strike, you did use the Zip Gun and still take its damage.

> First question was already answered. But if he could maneuver from the
> Zip Gun, he would take the damage even if he can't strike with it. This
> happens, frex, when a minion maneuvers with Zip Gun, then the other
> minion maneuvers back and plays Immortal Grapple. Even though you have
> no strike, you did use the Zip Gun and still take its damage.

K. Thanks for all your responses. I guess this means <sniff> that Freddie
goes to torpor unless he has The One True Card.

LSJ needs to print this soon.

Ankur

Ankur Gupta wrote:
>> First question was already answered. But if he could maneuver from
>> the Zip Gun, he would take the damage even if he can't strike with it.
>> This happens, frex, when a minion maneuvers with Zip Gun, then the
>> other minion maneuvers back and plays Immortal Grapple. Even though
>> you have no strike, you did use the Zip Gun and still take its damage.
>

> K. Thanks for all your responses. I guess this means <sniff> that
> Freddie goes to torpor unless he has The One True Card.
>
> LSJ needs to print this soon.

This is why I start off by having Frederick Clan Impersonate to
!Gangrel, so he can play Leathery Hide.

--Colin McGuigan

Jozxyqk a écrit :
> Ankur Gupta <agupta@cs.duke.edu> wrote:
>
>>As an act of desperation, a Rock Cat rushes Frederick the Weak.
>>Unfortunately, instead of having The One True Card in hand, Freddie only
>>has a Zip Gun. Freddie plays it during pre-range. The questions are:
>

>>1) Can he use the maneuver from the Zip Gun even if he's known to not be
>>allowed to strike due to the Rock Cat's card text?
>

> No.
> There is a GIANT ANGRY CAT MADE OF STONE chasing after Frederick, and he
> is frozen in fear as he is mauled by the beast.

I laughed my ass off :D