LSJ: guns and ghouls

geoff

Quick search of recjyhad didn't help me...

I maneuver with the guns built in maneuver. Opponent maneuvers close
and grapples me. I am comitted to striking with the gun but cannot
under grapple so strike hands. Can a ghoul retainer not use the gun
at this point as the minion cannot?

In message <86e3f5f4.0504242304.68d61616@posting.google.com>, Geoff
<talonz51@yahoo.ca> writes:
>Quick search of recjyhad didn't help me...

author:LSJ ghoul grapple

Second hit.

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?selm=384D04C2.150706A%40wizards.com

****
> it possible for ghoul to use the magnum.44 when its contolling vampire
> is engaged in an immortal grapple? Is this any different when the
> ghouled vampire uses the magnum himself, therefore losing his strike
> when the opposing minion played immortal grapple?

If the "ghouled vampire" (I assume that means "the vampire employing the
Ghoul" - "ghouled vampire" is a contradiction in terms), maneuvered with
the .44, then the Ghoul cannot use the .44 during strike resolution, by
card text. If the vampire did not use the .44 to maneuver, then the
Ghoul is free to use the .44 during strike resolution even if his
employer is grappled.
****

Specifically, from Ghoul Retainer's card text:

"may use a weapon that is not being used by the employing minion (or
another retainer) during that round"

Maneuvering with the weapon is using it during that round.

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and