[LSJ] Directed Rebirth and Tapetachatte

Hi !
I am playing a monster dick with the monstruous enkidu.
i manage to torporize several vampires.
I have a Gangrel conspiracy and Rebirth in hand.
As i go to diablerize one of them, i play Gangrel conspiracy.
Then someone plays Sudden Reversal.
But somewoh i was lucky enough to tape-ma-chatte (which in this case
means i top decked with an incredible luck) to replace my gangrel
conspiracy with Rebirth.
hoping that no one has a direct intervention in hand (tape-ta-chatte), i
want to play rebirth on the same action.

But was i lucky enough or is it too late ?
card text on Gangrel conspiracy says "cancel a blood hunt called"
while card text on rebirth says "no blood hunt may be called".

thank you
reyda

DEMON

text:

Requires a Red List minion. Only usable when a diablerie action is
successful.
No blood hunt may be called, and this vampire untaps. A vampire can
play only one Rebirth each turn.

it doesn't state that it has to be played immediately after the
diablerie resolved successfully, so you could for example play Ritual
of the Bitter Rose first.

the 'No blood hunt may be called' clause indicates that is has to be
played before anyone acftually calls a blood hunt.

if you have played Gangrel Conspiracy then the blood hunt has already
been called and it would (IMO) be too late to play Rebirth.

Rebirth would need a '... and cancel a blood hunt that has already been
called' clause (or a ruling) to override this, at least as I understand
it.

reyda wrote:
> Hi !
> I am playing a monster dick with the monstruous enkidu.

Wow, that's a very scary visual!!

Robert Scythe a écrit :
> reyda wrote:
>
>>Hi !
>>I am playing a monster dick with the monstruous enkidu.
>

> Wow, that's a very scary visual!!

but man , it's a typo !

TRENDING THREADS