Connect USB ADSL modem to router

Hi All, I've got a USB modem and a wireless router and
would like to share the broadband using the router.
I realise I really need an ethernet ADSL modem to do
this, but don't want to have to buy one, so I was
wondering if I can use my desktop PC as a bridge between
the two. Can I make a bridge between the incoming ADSL
conenction to a NIC which then goes to the router? If
not, can I configure ICS to give the router a connection
which it can then share? I really don't want to have to
buy an ethernet modem, they're expensive!!! Any ideas?
Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about connect adsl modem router

    Mark, you could try following the information in this Knowledge Base
    article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817461
    You need to have a Network Interface Card in your desktop, dedicated to the
    router, and use Internet Connection Sharing. Be aware, the ICS machine must
    always be on for any other computer to receive the shared signal. What
    router do you have?
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Mark" <mark@imptl.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All, I've got a USB modem and a wireless router and
    > would like to share the broadband using the router.
    > I realise I really need an ethernet ADSL modem to do
    > this, but don't want to have to buy one, so I was
    > wondering if I can use my desktop PC as a bridge between
    > the two. Can I make a bridge between the incoming ADSL
    > conenction to a NIC which then goes to the router? If
    > not, can I configure ICS to give the router a connection
    > which it can then share? I really don't want to have to
    > buy an ethernet modem, they're expensive!!! Any ideas?
    > Thanks!

Routers Modem Networking