Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[Deck] Nu is the Pack Alpha

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 8:52:52 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Deck Name: Nu is the Pack Alpha
Created By: The Lasombra
Description: Nu the Pillar multi-rush, with permanent non-strike
damage caused by multiple Wolf Companions during strike resolution.
Blood gain on Nu is key to keeping the deck going.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 9, Max: 36, Avg: 5.25)
---------------------------------------------
1 Dani ani 2, Nosferatu antitribu:2
1 Shannon Price ani obf 3, Nosferatu antitribu:2
1 Tommy ani pot 3, Nosferatu antitribu:2
1 Clarissa Steinburgen ani obf 3, Nosferatu:3
1 Darva Felispa ani pot 3, Nosferatu:3
1 Mouse ani 2, Nosferatu:3
1 Gillian Krader ani dem 2, Pander:2
5 Nu ani aus POT PRE pro TEM 9, True Brujah:2

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (16 cards)
1 Coven, The
3 Dreams of the Sphinx
3 Fame
1 Guardian Angel
1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
1 Inbase Discotek, Frankfurt
2 Perfectionist
1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
1 Slum Hunting Ground
1 Tabriz Assembly
1 Tension in the Ranks

Action (14 cards)
2 Ambush
2 Bum's Rush
2 Clotho's Gift
2 Enchant Kindred
2 Harass
2 Kiss of Lachesis
2 Shepherd's Innocence

Action Modifier (2 cards)
2 Iron Glare

Combat (47 cards)
5 Disarm
10 Drawing Out the Beast
10 Lapse
8 Pack Alpha
6 Scorpion Sting
8 Taste of Vitae

Retainer (8 cards)
8 Wolf Companion

Equipment (3 cards)
1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
1 Assault Rifle
1 Sport Bike

This deck was last saved at 4:46:56 AM on 4/30/2005

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.

More about : deck pack alpha

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 11:30:42 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

The Lasombra wrote:

> -------------------
> Master (16 cards)
> 1 Coven, The
> 3 Dreams of the Sphinx
> 3 Fame
> 1 Guardian Angel
> 1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
> 1 Inbase Discotek, Frankfurt
> 2 Perfectionist
> 1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
> 1 Slum Hunting Ground
> 1 Tabriz Assembly
> 1 Tension in the Ranks
>
No Animalism masters? The benefits of sup ANI seem at least worth 2 or
3 in the deck. 1) You can eat your Wolves if you want to, 2) do an
additional non-strike unpreventable damage with DotB, and 3) Have your
underlings recruit a couple of the Wolves and Shepherd's Innocence them
onto Nu.

> Action (14 cards)
> 2 Ambush
> 2 Bum's Rush
> 2 Clotho's Gift
> 2 Enchant Kindred
> 2 Harass
> 2 Kiss of Lachesis
> 2 Shepherd's Innocence
>
I might consider replacing Ambush with Nose of the Hound, since your
non-Nu vampires aren't going to be all that useful in combat. I would
probably drop 1 Kiss, and I'm not 100% how sure Enchant is when you
only have 2 of them in the deck - maybe drop them. If you go with
Animalism masters, you may want to add a Shepherd's Innocence. Tier of
Souls is also always good (again, only if you add ANI masters), but
there may not be room for it. Still, it pays for the untap by itself.

> Action Modifier (2 cards)
> 2 Iron Glare
>
Depending on how well the deck works, these may be unnecessary,
especially as the only 2 bleed mods. On the other hand, it's nice to
have some ousting power. I would re-evaluate the number (either more
or less) based on a few test runs.

> Combat (47 cards)
> 5 Disarm
> 10 Drawing Out the Beast
> 10 Lapse
> 8 Pack Alpha
> 6 Scorpion Sting
> 8 Taste of Vitae
>
Scorion Sting isn't much better than a Lucky Blow in this deck. While
Nu does have POT, I think I would go with Haymaker instead. In fact,
now that I think about it, wow, you totally need Haymaker in this deck.
Well, or Mighty Grapple, which amounts to the same thing, but Haymaker
is funnier and can be used by your ani weenies.

Not sure that Disarm is necessary. Sure, it's nasty, but if your combo
works, you'll never *need* it. Might do better to replace the Disarms
with more rush actions, and/or a couple of Raven Spies - either one
will get you a couple more combats.

> Retainer (8 cards)
> 8 Wolf Companion
>

> Equipment (3 cards)
> 1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
> 1 Assault Rifle
> 1 Sport Bike
>
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 11:35:00 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Here's my $.02

First off, it seems a little strange to have 34 Animalism cards in a
deck where no one has ANI. I mean, Calebros the Martyr would be a nice
addition to the deck, something.

Action (14 cards)
2 Ambush
2 Bum's Rush
2 Clotho's Gift
2 Enchant Kindred
2 Harass
2 Kiss of Lachesis
2 Shepherd's Innocence

I'd come down to one Innocence, if not take them out all together.
Wouldn't Nose of the Hound be better than Ambush or Bum's Rush?

Action Modifier (2 cards)
2 Iron Glare

Combat (47 cards)
5 Disarm
10 Drawing Out the Beast
10 Lapse
8 Pack Alpha
6 Scorpion Sting
8 Taste of Vitae

I don't like the Beasts. I'd take almost all of them out and replace
them with IGs or Thrown Gates or something. I'd also replace the
Scorpion's Stings with Undead Strengths or something.

Retainer (8 cards)
8 Wolf Companion

Equipment (3 cards)
1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
1 Assault Rifle
1 Sport Bike

I'd replace the Sport's Bike with a Raven Spy since you can Pack Alpha
it into play.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 5:24:26 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"The Lasombra" <TheLasombra@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ihh671p4j5042593bjjec1br88cvip1lnl@4ax.com...
> Deck Name: Nu is the Pack Alpha
> Created By: The Lasombra
> Description: Nu the Pillar multi-rush, with permanent non-strike
> damage caused by multiple Wolf Companions during strike resolution.
> Blood gain on Nu is key to keeping the deck going.
>
> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 9, Max: 36, Avg: 5.25)
> ---------------------------------------------
> 1 Dani ani 2, Nosferatu antitribu:2
> 1 Shannon Price ani obf 3, Nosferatu antitribu:2
> 1 Tommy ani pot 3, Nosferatu antitribu:2
> 1 Clarissa Steinburgen ani obf 3, Nosferatu:3
> 1 Darva Felispa ani pot 3, Nosferatu:3
> 1 Mouse ani 2, Nosferatu:3
> 1 Gillian Krader ani dem 2, Pander:2
> 5 Nu ani aus POT PRE pro TEM 9, True Brujah:2
>
> Library: (90 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (16 cards)
> 1 Coven, The
> 3 Dreams of the Sphinx
> 3 Fame
> 1 Guardian Angel
> 1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
> 1 Inbase Discotek, Frankfurt
> 2 Perfectionist
> 1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
> 1 Slum Hunting Ground
> 1 Tabriz Assembly
> 1 Tension in the Ranks

Haven uncovered would be a good idea. Inbase might not be strictly
neccessary, you have a bunch of blood gain already. I'd put in Giant's blood
and jake before spending 2 pool.
>
> Action (14 cards)
> 2 Ambush
> 2 Bum's Rush
> 2 Clotho's Gift
> 2 Enchant Kindred
> 2 Harass
> 2 Kiss of Lachesis
> 2 Shepherd's Innocence

I'd cut down on a kiss and a Sheperd's. You only have 6 rush cards, 10 seems
a little more likely to get Nu in combat.
>
> Action Modifier (2 cards)
> 2 Iron Glare

Hard to not see how a few Domain of evernight would improve the deck, a free
hunt, an extra bleed.

>
> Combat (47 cards)
> 5 Disarm
> 10 Drawing Out the Beast
> 10 Lapse
> 8 Pack Alpha
> 6 Scorpion Sting
> 8 Taste of Vitae

There might be enough reason to go with 12/8 Lapse/DotB. Once you get 3 DotB
in your hand its a real pain to flush them out. Though the cost is
prohibitive.

>
> Retainer (8 cards)
> 8 Wolf Companion

One Owl companion would be worth it, especially when you get further down in
your deck. I can't see much reason not to have Murder of Crows, except for
theme. The Wolves work much better for theme.

>
> Equipment (3 cards)
> 1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
> 1 Assault Rifle
> 1 Sport Bike
>

Hope it Helps,

Colin Strauss Riggs
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 4:29:27 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 04:52:52 -0400, The Lasombra
<TheLasombra@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Deck Name: Nu is the Pack Alpha
>Created By: The Lasombra
>Description: Nu the Pillar multi-rush, with permanent non-strike
>damage caused by multiple Wolf Companions during strike resolution.
>Blood gain on Nu is key to keeping the deck going.

I added 4 Domain of Evernight to the deck before I played it. I
removed the Enchant Kindreds, Shepherd's Innocence, Kiss of Lachesis,
and Assault Rifle. The only one I missed during the game was the
Shepherd's Innocence. I added one more Clotho's Gift and got all three
into play. I untapped 3-4 times per turn, and cycled thru the deck
extremely well. I also added two Nose of the Hound, after it was
suggested on the newsgroup. Ran into Enkidu with his own pack of
animals, and that eventually took Nu down. Flesh of Marble is this
deck's worst enemy.


I didn't see the Hunting Grounds in time, but a Hunting Ground with
Tabriz Assembly gives Nu two blood at the start each turn. Nu the
Perfectionist hunting with Aaron's Feeding Razor gains three, and
after you use one to untap you are still up two blood.

The Coven should probably be replaced by the Rack. Haymaker instead of
the Scorpion Stings was also a good idea from the newsgroup, one I
will probably pursue.

I will probably also add a few Claws of the Dead, as one aggravated
damage with 5 normal is quite effective in the mid-to-late game.








Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 4:42:51 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

On 30 Apr 2005 07:30:42 -0700, "Chris Berger"
<arkayn@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

>No Animalism masters? The benefits of sup ANI seem at least worth 2 or
>3 in the deck. 1) You can eat your Wolves if you want to, 2) do an
>additional non-strike unpreventable damage with DotB, and 3) Have your
>underlings recruit a couple of the Wolves and Shepherd's Innocence them
>onto Nu.

I had three Animalism discipline master cards in to begin the deck,
then decided against once I saw how difficult it was going to be to
avoid jamming on master cards. I had too many as it was. Guardian
Angel and Inbase Discotek need to be removed. Gillian Krader should
probably be replaced by Bobby Lemon.

http://monger.vekn.org/showvamp.html?ID=611


>> Action (14 cards)
>> 2 Ambush
>> 2 Bum's Rush
>> 2 Clotho's Gift
>> 2 Enchant Kindred
>> 2 Harass
>> 2 Kiss of Lachesis
>> 2 Shepherd's Innocence

>I might consider replacing Ambush with Nose of the Hound, since your
>non-Nu vampires aren't going to be all that useful in combat.

I added two Nose in addition to the Ambush.

>I would probably drop 1 Kiss, and I'm not 100% how sure Enchant is when you
>only have 2 of them in the deck - maybe drop them.

All 4 dropped.

>If you go with Animalism masters, you may want to add a Shepherd's Innocence. Tier of
>Souls is also always good (again, only if you add ANI masters), but
>there may not be room for it. Still, it pays for the untap by itself.

I really missed the Shepherd's Innocence after I ousted my first prey
and ran into Enkidu and his Ark. I don't expect it would be much use
in most games, but would have significantly altered the results if
Bobby Lemon could have played it for me.

>> Action Modifier (2 cards)
>> 2 Iron Glare

>Depending on how well the deck works, these may be unnecessary,
>especially as the only 2 bleed mods. On the other hand, it's nice to
>have some ousting power. I would re-evaluate the number (either more
>or less) based on a few test runs.

Two seemed to work fairly well. One got thru unblocked, and the other
being in my hand caused some block attemptst that shouldn't have
happened. :>


>> Combat (47 cards)
>> 5 Disarm
>> 10 Drawing Out the Beast
>> 10 Lapse
>> 8 Pack Alpha
>> 6 Scorpion Sting
>> 8 Taste of Vitae

>Scorion Sting isn't much better than a Lucky Blow in this deck. While
>Nu does have POT, I think I would go with Haymaker instead. In fact,
>now that I think about it, wow, you totally need Haymaker in this deck.
> Well, or Mighty Grapple, which amounts to the same thing, but Haymaker
>is funnier and can be used by your ani weenies.

I agree, and I will go with 4 Haymaker and 2 Weighted Walking Sticks
before the next outing.

>Not sure that Disarm is necessary. Sure, it's nasty, but if your combo
>works, you'll never *need* it. Might do better to replace the Disarms
>with more rush actions, and/or a couple of Raven Spies - either one
>will get you a couple more combats.

Disarm is necessary in the early game where you only have one Wolf
Companion and are only hitting for one. Two damage doesn't send many
vampires to torpor, but Disarm can send any of them that doesn't have
damage prevention available.


>> Retainer (8 cards)
>> 8 Wolf Companion

>> Equipment (3 cards)
>> 1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
>> 1 Assault Rifle
>> 1 Sport Bike

The Assault Rifle was removed as being too costly for a deck that only
gains pool by ousting its prey.







Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 4:47:10 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

On 30 Apr 2005 07:35:00 -0700, "Preston" <prestonpoulter@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Here's my $.02

>First off, it seems a little strange to have 34 Animalism cards in a
>deck where no one has ANI. I mean, Calebros the Martyr would be a nice
>addition to the deck, something.

Bobby Lemon is my preferred choice, for one pool less and no ability
to give someone else two permanent votes.


>Action (14 cards)
>2 Ambush
>2 Bum's Rush
>2 Clotho's Gift
>2 Enchant Kindred
>2 Harass
>2 Kiss of Lachesis
>2 Shepherd's Innocence

>I'd come down to one Innocence, if not take them out all together.
>Wouldn't Nose of the Hound be better than Ambush or Bum's Rush?

Not better, no.
Different, and allow 3-4 rushes per turn, so 2 copies did make the
deck before it was played.

>Action Modifier (2 cards)
>2 Iron Glare

>Combat (47 cards)
>5 Disarm
>10 Drawing Out the Beast
>10 Lapse
>8 Pack Alpha
>6 Scorpion Sting
>8 Taste of Vitae

>I don't like the Beasts. I'd take almost all of them out and replace
>them with IGs or Thrown Gates or something. I'd also replace the
>Scorpion's Stings with Undead Strengths or something.

I need to control range. Immortal Grapple does not help that at all.
Thrown Gates mean that my Wolf Companions will fail to do their job.
Drawing out the Beast ensures the range I desire. There currently
isn't anything better.

Scorpion Stings will probably become Haymakers or Weighted Walking
Sticks, as mentioned elsewhere.


>Retainer (8 cards)
>8 Wolf Companion

>Equipment (3 cards)
>1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
>1 Assault Rifle
>1 Sport Bike

>I'd replace the Sport's Bike with a Raven Spy since you can Pack Alpha
>it into play.

Nu really doesn't have any blood to be acquiring retainers that don't
do damage. A future version may see a Spy or two though.







Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.
May 2, 2005 6:44:21 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

I took David Cherryholmes Nu's Nine Discipline Assault deck and
modified it a little bit...

So far I've played it in a few friendly games where it didn't make
that good a showing...

Here is my version:

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 15, Max: 36, Avg: 6.66)
----------------------------------------------
1 Frederick the Weak pre 2 Brujah
Antitribu
1 Raziya Samater ani pot 3 Brujah
1 Tayshawn Kearns cel obf pot 4 Brujah
1 Sir Ralph Hamilton cel ser POT PRE 6 Brujah
1 Sela (ADV) cel obt POT PRE 7 Brujah
Antitribu
1 Amelia CEL POT PRE 7 Brujah
Antitribu
1 Jeremy MacNeil cel chi AUS POT PRE 7 Brujah
1 Synesios obf ser POT PRE TEM 8 True Brujah
4 Nu ani aus pro POT PRE TEM 9 True Brujah

Library: (79 cards)
-------------------
Master (11 cards)
1 Amusement Park Hunting Ground
3 Blood Doll
1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
1 Coven, The
1 Barrens, The
1 Visit from the Capuchin
1 Rack, The
1 Tabriz Assembly
1 Warzone Hunting Ground

Action (20 cards)
1 Ambush
2 Bum`s Rush
4 Clotho`s Gift
3 Enchant Kindred
1 Harass
6 Kiss of Lachesis
1 Legal Manipulations
1 Nose of the Hound
1 Army of Rats

Action Modifier (12 cards)
5 Iron Glare
1 Aire of Elation
2 Horrific Countenance
4 Domain of Evernight

Combat (23 cards)
10 Lapse
2 Majesty
6 Taste of Vitae
2 Disarm
1 Dragon`s Breath Rounds
2 Flesh of Marble

Retainer (4 cards)
1 Ghoul Retainer
2 Owl Companion
1 Raven Spy

Equipment (9 cards)
1 Flamethrower
1 Sargon Fragment, The
6 Assault Rifle
1 Palatial Estate

Now some of the changes that I made where:
- Sargon Fragment, The: This card is "Tha Bomb", either placed in Nu
or in a nerd it allows me to go and get what I need, when I need it...
It has saved my bacon a number of times...
- Ghoul Retainer: Once Nu gets its second Assault Rifle this guy
starts to rock... 4 extra "environmental" damage each round is very
good...
- Heidelberg Castle, Germany: It allows some of the recruiting and
equiping actions to be taken by someone other than Nu and it also
allows the AR's and blood to be transfered between minions in an
emergency.
- Horrific Countenance: Emergency card... I've found out in the games
that I played that this deck dies out if the Kiss of Lachesis are
blocked!!! So this is defense against it... Sure it is VERY expensive
but it is also fool's proof.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 12:32:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

The Lasombra wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 04:52:52 -0400, The Lasombra
> <TheLasombra@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Deck Name: Nu is the Pack Alpha
>>Created By: The Lasombra
>>Description: Nu the Pillar multi-rush, with permanent non-strike
>>damage caused by multiple Wolf Companions during strike resolution.
>>Blood gain on Nu is key to keeping the deck going.

[...]

> I didn't see the Hunting Grounds in time, but a Hunting Ground with
> Tabriz Assembly gives Nu two blood at the start each turn. Nu the
> Perfectionist hunting with Aaron's Feeding Razor gains three, and
> after you use one to untap you are still up two blood.
>
> The Coven should probably be replaced by the Rack.

Agreed. The Coven is couterproductive in this deck, since it gives
blood to your enemies.

However, if you want Nu to gain more blood, I suggest that you use:

Name: Carver's Meat Packing and Storage
[Gehenna:R]
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master. unique location.
When a vampire of capacity below 4 goes to torpor, put a hostage
counter on him. Hostages cannot be moved to the ready region or be
diablerized. During your master phase, you may tap this card to move
X blood from the blood bank to a ready vampire you control where X
is the number of hostages in torpor. Any ready vampire may burn 2
blood to burn any vampire's hostage counter during any untap phase.
Burn all hostage counters if this card leaves play.
Artist: Steve Prescott

You have 7 vampires of capacity below 4 in your crypt, so you
may also take advantage of the torporization of some of them, as
well as the torporization of other such weenies controlled by
another Methuselah.

--
Damnans

http://www.almadrava.net/damnans
http://www.vtes.net
http://es.groups.yahoo.com/group/vteshispania/
!