[Deck] Nu is the Pack Alpha

Deck Name: Nu is the Pack Alpha
Created By: The Lasombra
damage caused by multiple Wolf Companions during strike resolution.
Blood gain on Nu is key to keeping the deck going.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 9, Max: 36, Avg: 5.25)
1 Dani ani 2, Nosferatu antitribu:2
1 Shannon Price ani obf 3, Nosferatu antitribu:2
1 Tommy ani pot 3, Nosferatu antitribu:2
1 Clarissa Steinburgen ani obf 3, Nosferatu:3
1 Darva Felispa ani pot 3, Nosferatu:3
1 Mouse ani 2, Nosferatu:3
1 Gillian Krader ani dem 2, Pander:2
5 Nu ani aus POT PRE pro TEM 9, True Brujah:2

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (16 cards)
1 Coven, The
3 Dreams of the Sphinx
3 Fame
1 Guardian Angel
1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
1 Inbase Discotek, Frankfurt
2 Perfectionist
1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
1 Slum Hunting Ground
1 Tabriz Assembly
1 Tension in the Ranks

Action (14 cards)
2 Ambush
2 Bum's Rush
2 Clotho's Gift
2 Enchant Kindred
2 Harass
2 Kiss of Lachesis
2 Shepherd's Innocence

Action Modifier (2 cards)
2 Iron Glare

Combat (47 cards)
5 Disarm
10 Drawing Out the Beast
10 Lapse
8 Pack Alpha
6 Scorpion Sting
8 Taste of Vitae

Retainer (8 cards)
8 Wolf Companion

Equipment (3 cards)
1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
1 Assault Rifle
1 Sport Bike

This deck was last saved at 4:46:56 AM on 4/30/2005

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.
8 answers Last reply
More about deck pack alpha

    The Lasombra wrote:

    > -------------------
    > Master (16 cards)
    > 1 Coven, The
    > 3 Dreams of the Sphinx
    > 3 Fame
    > 1 Guardian Angel
    > 1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
    > 1 Inbase Discotek, Frankfurt
    > 2 Perfectionist
    > 1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
    > 1 Slum Hunting Ground
    > 1 Tabriz Assembly
    > 1 Tension in the Ranks

    No Animalism masters? The benefits of sup ANI seem at least worth 2 or
    3 in the deck. 1) You can eat your Wolves if you want to, 2) do an
    additional non-strike unpreventable damage with DotB, and 3) Have your
    underlings recruit a couple of the Wolves and Shepherd's Innocence them
    onto Nu.

    > Action (14 cards)
    > 2 Ambush
    > 2 Bum's Rush
    > 2 Clotho's Gift
    > 2 Enchant Kindred
    > 2 Harass
    > 2 Kiss of Lachesis
    > 2 Shepherd's Innocence

    I might consider replacing Ambush with Nose of the Hound, since your
    non-Nu vampires aren't going to be all that useful in combat. I would
    probably drop 1 Kiss, and I'm not 100% how sure Enchant is when you
    only have 2 of them in the deck - maybe drop them. If you go with
    Animalism masters, you may want to add a Shepherd's Innocence. Tier of
    Souls is also always good (again, only if you add ANI masters), but
    there may not be room for it. Still, it pays for the untap by itself.

    > Action Modifier (2 cards)
    > 2 Iron Glare

    Depending on how well the deck works, these may be unnecessary,
    especially as the only 2 bleed mods. On the other hand, it's nice to
    have some ousting power. I would re-evaluate the number (either more
    or less) based on a few test runs.

    > Combat (47 cards)
    > 5 Disarm
    > 10 Drawing Out the Beast
    > 10 Lapse
    > 8 Pack Alpha
    > 6 Scorpion Sting
    > 8 Taste of Vitae

    Scorion Sting isn't much better than a Lucky Blow in this deck. While
    Nu does have POT, I think I would go with Haymaker instead. In fact,
    now that I think about it, wow, you totally need Haymaker in this deck.
    Well, or Mighty Grapple, which amounts to the same thing, but Haymaker
    is funnier and can be used by your ani weenies.

    Not sure that Disarm is necessary. Sure, it's nasty, but if your combo
    works, you'll never *need* it. Might do better to replace the Disarms
    with more rush actions, and/or a couple of Raven Spies - either one
    will get you a couple more combats.

    > Retainer (8 cards)
    > 8 Wolf Companion
    >

    > Equipment (3 cards)
    > 1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
    > 1 Assault Rifle
    > 1 Sport Bike

    Here's my $.02

    First off, it seems a little strange to have 34 Animalism cards in a
    deck where no one has ANI. I mean, Calebros the Martyr would be a nice
    addition to the deck, something.

    Action (14 cards)
    2 Ambush
    2 Bum's Rush
    2 Clotho's Gift
    2 Enchant Kindred
    2 Harass
    2 Kiss of Lachesis
    2 Shepherd's Innocence

    I'd come down to one Innocence, if not take them out all together.
    Wouldn't Nose of the Hound be better than Ambush or Bum's Rush?

    Action Modifier (2 cards)
    2 Iron Glare

    Combat (47 cards)
    5 Disarm
    10 Drawing Out the Beast
    10 Lapse
    8 Pack Alpha
    6 Scorpion Sting
    8 Taste of Vitae

    I don't like the Beasts. I'd take almost all of them out and replace
    them with IGs or Thrown Gates or something. I'd also replace the
    Scorpion's Stings with Undead Strengths or something.

    Retainer (8 cards)
    8 Wolf Companion

    Equipment (3 cards)
    1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
    1 Assault Rifle
    1 Sport Bike

    I'd replace the Sport's Bike with a Raven Spy since you can Pack Alpha
    it into play.

    "The Lasombra" <TheLasombra@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Deck Name: Nu is the Pack Alpha
    > Created By: The Lasombra
    > damage caused by multiple Wolf Companions during strike resolution.
    > Blood gain on Nu is key to keeping the deck going.
    >
    > Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 9, Max: 36, Avg: 5.25)
    > 1 Dani ani 2, Nosferatu antitribu:2
    > 1 Shannon Price ani obf 3, Nosferatu antitribu:2
    > 1 Tommy ani pot 3, Nosferatu antitribu:2
    > 1 Clarissa Steinburgen ani obf 3, Nosferatu:3
    > 1 Darva Felispa ani pot 3, Nosferatu:3
    > 1 Mouse ani 2, Nosferatu:3
    > 1 Gillian Krader ani dem 2, Pander:2
    > 5 Nu ani aus POT PRE pro TEM 9, True Brujah:2
    >
    > Library: (90 cards)
    > -------------------
    > Master (16 cards)
    > 1 Coven, The
    > 3 Dreams of the Sphinx
    > 3 Fame
    > 1 Guardian Angel
    > 1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
    > 1 Inbase Discotek, Frankfurt
    > 2 Perfectionist
    > 1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
    > 1 Slum Hunting Ground
    > 1 Tabriz Assembly
    > 1 Tension in the Ranks

    Haven uncovered would be a good idea. Inbase might not be strictly
    neccessary, you have a bunch of blood gain already. I'd put in Giant's blood
    and jake before spending 2 pool.

    > Action (14 cards)
    > 2 Ambush
    > 2 Bum's Rush
    > 2 Clotho's Gift
    > 2 Enchant Kindred
    > 2 Harass
    > 2 Kiss of Lachesis
    > 2 Shepherd's Innocence

    I'd cut down on a kiss and a Sheperd's. You only have 6 rush cards, 10 seems
    a little more likely to get Nu in combat.

    > Action Modifier (2 cards)
    > 2 Iron Glare

    Hard to not see how a few Domain of evernight would improve the deck, a free
    hunt, an extra bleed.

    > Combat (47 cards)
    > 5 Disarm
    > 10 Drawing Out the Beast
    > 10 Lapse
    > 8 Pack Alpha
    > 6 Scorpion Sting
    > 8 Taste of Vitae

    There might be enough reason to go with 12/8 Lapse/DotB. Once you get 3 DotB
    in your hand its a real pain to flush them out. Though the cost is
    prohibitive.

    > Retainer (8 cards)
    > 8 Wolf Companion

    One Owl companion would be worth it, especially when you get further down in
    your deck. I can't see much reason not to have Murder of Crows, except for
    theme. The Wolves work much better for theme.

    > Equipment (3 cards)
    > 1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
    > 1 Assault Rifle
    > 1 Sport Bike

    Hope it Helps,

    Colin Strauss Riggs

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 04:52:52 -0400, The Lasombra
    <TheLasombra@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Deck Name: Nu is the Pack Alpha
    >Created By: The Lasombra
    >damage caused by multiple Wolf Companions during strike resolution.
    >Blood gain on Nu is key to keeping the deck going.

    I added 4 Domain of Evernight to the deck before I played it. I
    removed the Enchant Kindreds, Shepherd's Innocence, Kiss of Lachesis,
    and Assault Rifle. The only one I missed during the game was the
    Shepherd's Innocence. I added one more Clotho's Gift and got all three
    into play. I untapped 3-4 times per turn, and cycled thru the deck
    extremely well. I also added two Nose of the Hound, after it was
    suggested on the newsgroup. Ran into Enkidu with his own pack of
    animals, and that eventually took Nu down. Flesh of Marble is this
    deck's worst enemy.

    I didn't see the Hunting Grounds in time, but a Hunting Ground with
    Tabriz Assembly gives Nu two blood at the start each turn. Nu the
    Perfectionist hunting with Aaron's Feeding Razor gains three, and
    after you use one to untap you are still up two blood.

    The Coven should probably be replaced by the Rack. Haymaker instead of
    the Scorpion Stings was also a good idea from the newsgroup, one I
    will probably pursue.

    I will probably also add a few Claws of the Dead, as one aggravated
    damage with 5 normal is quite effective in the mid-to-late game.

    Carpe noctem.

    Lasombra

    http://www.TheLasombra.com
    Your best online source for information about V:TES.
    Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
    of booster and starter box displays.

    On 30 Apr 2005 07:30:42 -0700, "Chris Berger"
    <arkayn@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

    >No Animalism masters? The benefits of sup ANI seem at least worth 2 or
    >3 in the deck. 1) You can eat your Wolves if you want to, 2) do an
    >additional non-strike unpreventable damage with DotB, and 3) Have your
    >underlings recruit a couple of the Wolves and Shepherd's Innocence them
    >onto Nu.

    I had three Animalism discipline master cards in to begin the deck,
    then decided against once I saw how difficult it was going to be to
    avoid jamming on master cards. I had too many as it was. Guardian
    Angel and Inbase Discotek need to be removed. Gillian Krader should
    probably be replaced by Bobby Lemon.

    http://monger.vekn.org/showvamp.html?ID=611

    >> Action (14 cards)
    >> 2 Ambush
    >> 2 Bum's Rush
    >> 2 Clotho's Gift
    >> 2 Enchant Kindred
    >> 2 Harass
    >> 2 Kiss of Lachesis
    >> 2 Shepherd's Innocence

    >I might consider replacing Ambush with Nose of the Hound, since your
    >non-Nu vampires aren't going to be all that useful in combat.

    I added two Nose in addition to the Ambush.

    >I would probably drop 1 Kiss, and I'm not 100% how sure Enchant is when you
    >only have 2 of them in the deck - maybe drop them.

    All 4 dropped.

    >If you go with Animalism masters, you may want to add a Shepherd's Innocence. Tier of
    >Souls is also always good (again, only if you add ANI masters), but
    >there may not be room for it. Still, it pays for the untap by itself.

    I really missed the Shepherd's Innocence after I ousted my first prey
    and ran into Enkidu and his Ark. I don't expect it would be much use
    in most games, but would have significantly altered the results if
    Bobby Lemon could have played it for me.

    >> Action Modifier (2 cards)
    >> 2 Iron Glare

    >Depending on how well the deck works, these may be unnecessary,
    >especially as the only 2 bleed mods. On the other hand, it's nice to
    >have some ousting power. I would re-evaluate the number (either more
    >or less) based on a few test runs.

    Two seemed to work fairly well. One got thru unblocked, and the other
    being in my hand caused some block attemptst that shouldn't have
    happened. :>

    >> Combat (47 cards)
    >> 5 Disarm
    >> 10 Drawing Out the Beast
    >> 10 Lapse
    >> 8 Pack Alpha
    >> 6 Scorpion Sting
    >> 8 Taste of Vitae

    >Scorion Sting isn't much better than a Lucky Blow in this deck. While
    >Nu does have POT, I think I would go with Haymaker instead. In fact,
    >now that I think about it, wow, you totally need Haymaker in this deck.
    > Well, or Mighty Grapple, which amounts to the same thing, but Haymaker
    >is funnier and can be used by your ani weenies.

    I agree, and I will go with 4 Haymaker and 2 Weighted Walking Sticks
    before the next outing.

    >Not sure that Disarm is necessary. Sure, it's nasty, but if your combo
    >works, you'll never *need* it. Might do better to replace the Disarms
    >with more rush actions, and/or a couple of Raven Spies - either one
    >will get you a couple more combats.

    Disarm is necessary in the early game where you only have one Wolf
    Companion and are only hitting for one. Two damage doesn't send many
    vampires to torpor, but Disarm can send any of them that doesn't have
    damage prevention available.

    >> Retainer (8 cards)
    >> 8 Wolf Companion

    >> Equipment (3 cards)
    >> 1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
    >> 1 Assault Rifle
    >> 1 Sport Bike

    The Assault Rifle was removed as being too costly for a deck that only
    gains pool by ousting its prey.

    On 30 Apr 2005 07:35:00 -0700, "Preston" <prestonpoulter@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Here's my $.02

    >First off, it seems a little strange to have 34 Animalism cards in a
    >deck where no one has ANI. I mean, Calebros the Martyr would be a nice
    >addition to the deck, something.

    Bobby Lemon is my preferred choice, for one pool less and no ability
    to give someone else two permanent votes.

    >Action (14 cards)
    >2 Ambush
    >2 Bum's Rush
    >2 Clotho's Gift
    >2 Enchant Kindred
    >2 Harass
    >2 Kiss of Lachesis
    >2 Shepherd's Innocence

    >I'd come down to one Innocence, if not take them out all together.
    >Wouldn't Nose of the Hound be better than Ambush or Bum's Rush?

    Not better, no.
    Different, and allow 3-4 rushes per turn, so 2 copies did make the
    deck before it was played.

    >Action Modifier (2 cards)
    >2 Iron Glare

    >Combat (47 cards)
    >5 Disarm
    >10 Drawing Out the Beast
    >10 Lapse
    >8 Pack Alpha
    >6 Scorpion Sting
    >8 Taste of Vitae

    >I don't like the Beasts. I'd take almost all of them out and replace
    >them with IGs or Thrown Gates or something. I'd also replace the
    >Scorpion's Stings with Undead Strengths or something.

    I need to control range. Immortal Grapple does not help that at all.
    Thrown Gates mean that my Wolf Companions will fail to do their job.
    Drawing out the Beast ensures the range I desire. There currently
    isn't anything better.

    Scorpion Stings will probably become Haymakers or Weighted Walking
    Sticks, as mentioned elsewhere.

    >Retainer (8 cards)
    >8 Wolf Companion

    >Equipment (3 cards)
    >1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
    >1 Assault Rifle
    >1 Sport Bike

    >I'd replace the Sport's Bike with a Raven Spy since you can Pack Alpha
    >it into play.

    Nu really doesn't have any blood to be acquiring retainers that don't
    do damage. A future version may see a Spy or two though.

    Carpe noctem.

    Lasombra

    http://www.TheLasombra.com
    Your best online source for information about V:TES.
    Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
    of booster and starter box displays.

    I took David Cherryholmes Nu's Nine Discipline Assault deck and
    modified it a little bit...

    So far I've played it in a few friendly games where it didn't make
    that good a showing...

    Here is my version:

    Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 15, Max: 36, Avg: 6.66)
    1 Frederick the Weak pre 2 Brujah
    Antitribu
    1 Raziya Samater ani pot 3 Brujah
    1 Tayshawn Kearns cel obf pot 4 Brujah
    1 Sir Ralph Hamilton cel ser POT PRE 6 Brujah
    1 Sela (ADV) cel obt POT PRE 7 Brujah
    Antitribu
    1 Amelia CEL POT PRE 7 Brujah
    Antitribu
    1 Jeremy MacNeil cel chi AUS POT PRE 7 Brujah
    1 Synesios obf ser POT PRE TEM 8 True Brujah
    4 Nu ani aus pro POT PRE TEM 9 True Brujah

    Library: (79 cards)
    -------------------
    Master (11 cards)
    1 Amusement Park Hunting Ground
    3 Blood Doll
    1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
    1 Coven, The
    1 Barrens, The
    1 Visit from the Capuchin
    1 Rack, The
    1 Tabriz Assembly
    1 Warzone Hunting Ground

    Action (20 cards)
    1 Ambush
    2 Bum`s Rush
    4 Clotho`s Gift
    3 Enchant Kindred
    1 Harass
    6 Kiss of Lachesis
    1 Legal Manipulations
    1 Nose of the Hound
    1 Army of Rats

    Action Modifier (12 cards)
    5 Iron Glare
    1 Aire of Elation
    2 Horrific Countenance
    4 Domain of Evernight

    Combat (23 cards)
    10 Lapse
    2 Majesty
    6 Taste of Vitae
    2 Disarm
    1 Dragon`s Breath Rounds
    2 Flesh of Marble

    Retainer (4 cards)
    1 Ghoul Retainer
    2 Owl Companion
    1 Raven Spy

    Equipment (9 cards)
    1 Flamethrower
    1 Sargon Fragment, The
    6 Assault Rifle
    1 Palatial Estate

    Now some of the changes that I made where:
    - Sargon Fragment, The: This card is "Tha Bomb", either placed in Nu
    or in a nerd it allows me to go and get what I need, when I need it...
    It has saved my bacon a number of times...
    - Ghoul Retainer: Once Nu gets its second Assault Rifle this guy
    starts to rock... 4 extra "environmental" damage each round is very
    good...
    - Heidelberg Castle, Germany: It allows some of the recruiting and
    equiping actions to be taken by someone other than Nu and it also
    allows the AR's and blood to be transfered between minions in an
    emergency.
    - Horrific Countenance: Emergency card... I've found out in the games
    that I played that this deck dies out if the Kiss of Lachesis are
    blocked!!! So this is defense against it... Sure it is VERY expensive
    but it is also fool's proof.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    The Lasombra wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 04:52:52 -0400, The Lasombra
    > <TheLasombra@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Deck Name: Nu is the Pack Alpha
    >>Created By: The Lasombra
    >>damage caused by multiple Wolf Companions during strike resolution.
    >>Blood gain on Nu is key to keeping the deck going.

    [...]

    > I didn't see the Hunting Grounds in time, but a Hunting Ground with
    > Tabriz Assembly gives Nu two blood at the start each turn. Nu the
    > Perfectionist hunting with Aaron's Feeding Razor gains three, and
    > after you use one to untap you are still up two blood.
    >
    > The Coven should probably be replaced by the Rack.

    Agreed. The Coven is couterproductive in this deck, since it gives
    blood to your enemies.

    However, if you want Nu to gain more blood, I suggest that you use:

    Name: Carver's Meat Packing and Storage
    [Gehenna:R]
    Cardtype: Master
    Cost: 1 pool
    Master. unique location.
    When a vampire of capacity below 4 goes to torpor, put a hostage
    counter on him. Hostages cannot be moved to the ready region or be
    diablerized. During your master phase, you may tap this card to move
    X blood from the blood bank to a ready vampire you control where X
    is the number of hostages in torpor. Any ready vampire may burn 2
    blood to burn any vampire's hostage counter during any untap phase.
    Burn all hostage counters if this card leaves play.
    Artist: Steve Prescott

    You have 7 vampires of capacity below 4 in your crypt, so you
    may also take advantage of the torporization of some of them, as
    well as the torporization of other such weenies controlled by
    another Methuselah.

    --
    Damnans

    http://www.almadrava.net/damnans