Mata Hari's Origins

Hello All,

Does anyone know where/when Mata Hari was introduced into the World of
Darkness? I know there was an old movie title Mata Hari, but I am
unsure as to if this Movie is the source of the card. I have checked
the Original Kindred Most Wanted book, and Children of the Night, but I
can still not locate her.

Thanks,
David

James Coupe wrote:
> In message <1115018187.443311.312000@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
> "David Wilson, Mask of a Thousand Names" <dervish13@gmail.com>
writes:
> >Does anyone know where/when Mata Hari was introduced into the World
of
> >Darkness?
>
> Google-ing for:
>
> "mata hari" vampire masquerade
>
> turns up the following link:
>
> http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/reviews/rev_4394.html
>
> which suggests she turns up in Clanbook: Ravnos Revised.
>
> (Similar links suggest the same.)

There's also a brief writeup about her in Clanbook: Assamite Revised.

John Eno

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and

David Wilson, Mask of a Thousand Names wrote:
> I know there was an old movie title Mata Hari, but I am
> unsure as to if this Movie is the source of the card. I have checked
> the Original Kindred Most Wanted book, and Children of the Night, but
> can still not locate her.

Gertrud Zelle, aka Mata Hari, was a not-terribly-competent spy that
passed a handful of Allied secrets on to the Reich in WW II. There was
a great scandal when she was discovered, and much of her infamy can be
written up to people trying to make the French general she seduced look
like less of an idiot.

That's history. Dunno what the game made of her.

"Emmit Svenson" <emmitsvenson@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> David Wilson, Mask of a Thousand Names wrote:
>> I know there was an old movie title Mata Hari, but I am
>> unsure as to if this Movie is the source of the card. I have checked
>> the Original Kindred Most Wanted book, and Children of the Night, but
>> can still not locate her.
>
> Gertrud Zelle, aka Mata Hari, was a not-terribly-competent spy that
> passed a handful of Allied secrets on to the Reich in WW II. There was
> a great scandal when she was discovered, and much of her infamy can be
> written up to people trying to make the French general she seduced look
> like less of an idiot.

As far as historical fact goes, try this site.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/terrorists_spies/spies/hari/1.html

--heslin