High-Powered USB Port

How do I determine if I have a high-powered USB port vs.
some other USB port? I want to add another computer to
my existing wireless broadband network, but do not know
how to tell if my USB port is high-powered -- a system
requirement for the wireless adapter.

Right now I am trying to add an older computer, a Pentium
III, at 333 MB, running Windows XP. This seems doable,
except for the distinction of the available USB port --
any help out there?

Thanks,
Mike Zimmer

I think you are asking if the hub has 500ma available at each port.
Try:
Start: Settings: Control Panel: System: Hardware: Device Manager: Universal
Serial Bus Controllers: USB Root Hub: Properties: Power (Whew!)
You want it to say 500mA per port. I believe this is the norm on a
motherboard hub. It will only be true of outboard hubs if there is a power
supply attached.