Software to emulate T&L ?

dafried

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2003
I have a Dell laptop with a slow ATI chipset on the motherboard. Some programs (mostly games) will not run without HW T&L, which I don't have. I remember that I had success using some software (German?) which emulated T&L, as well as other video attributes, and worked ok.

Anyone know the software?

Thanks in advance,

dafried

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
wat games?

as far as i know.. directX will do the t&l in software if your video card doesnt have it..i seen UT2003 played on a tnt2 lol, those dont have t&l

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
I saw it on a voodoo 3 2000 pci... its not pretty

<font color=red>*</font color=red><font color=white>*</font color=white><font color=blue>*</font color=blue>
... And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.

dafried

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2003
Phial,

Thanks for the reply. NOLF2 and Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (see a trend here?) are two of the recent games which will not run. Their own analysis engines report that I need HARDWARE TnL in order to run. I am running DirectX9 with all options.

Several months back, I had success with some program (I've lost it) that either reported HW tnl or emulated it in some way.

I'll take any suggestions, except to upgrade the chip in my Dell, since that's not possible :(

Thanks again

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
honestly, i have never heard of or seen a program that emulates hardware t&l...

with cards 2 generations ago that did support it, i doubt that anyone would have a need for it o_O

sorry man, i cant help you .. maybe someone else around here knows of the program he is talking about?

(ps-pawn shops usually sell GF2mx's for cheap, like 30 bucks. and those have hardware t&l)

vacs

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
There's a program called "3danalyzer". It offers besides others things the ability to run "any" game with software T&L emulation therefore it should also work with graphiccards which don't have hardware T&L.

The program is free and you can find it using google...

TRENDING THREADS