[LSJ] Mata Hari and Assimite Contracts

LSJ,
How does Mata Hari's Special and Assimite Contracts work? She can play
Clandestine Contract but does it still treat her as being named for the
contract? What about Provision of Silsilia? What about Khabar: Glory?

How does Mata Hari's Special work with D'habi Revenant?

How does it work with Priestess of Sekhmet?

How does it work with Walk through Arcadia?

How does it work with Derange?

How does it work for Sacrifice?

How does it work for Infernal Pact?

How does it work for Ventrue Investment?

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

    XZealot wrote:
    > LSJ,
    > How does Mata Hari's Special and Assimite Contracts work? She can
    play
    > Clandestine Contract but does it still treat her as being named for
    the
    > contract? What about Provision of Silsilia? What about Khabar:
    Glory?

    > How does Mata Hari's Special work with D'habi Revenant?
    >
    > How does it work with Priestess of Sekhmet?
    >
    > How does it work with Walk through Arcadia?
    >
    > How does it work with Derange?
    >
    > How does it work for Sacrifice?
    >
    > How does it work for Infernal Pact?
    >
    > How does it work for Ventrue Investment?

    For all: she plays the card as an <X>. Once in play, the card no longer
    treats her as an X.
    Once in play, she is no longer chosen for the Clandestine Contract.
    Provision of the Silsila is largely useless to her, since she won't be
    chosen for a contract. Glory won't give her +bleed, but will net pool
    on oust.

    D'Habi specifies "this Baali", which she is not.

    Walk Through Arcadia has no "in play" effect (indeed, it is not put in
    play), so it is fine.

    The rest similarly.

    Daneel wrote:
    > Just to clarify: I have Mata Hari and Samson in play. I play Ventrue
    > Investment. I may choose to play it in the normal fashion (as I
    have
    > Samson in play), in which case it gets one counter for Samson. I
    may
    > also choose to play it using Mata Hari's special, in which case the
    > Ventrue Investment also counts her to be a Ventrue Antitribu, and
    it
    > gets two counters. Right?

    Supposing Samson graverobbed Mata Hari (he's group 2 and she's group
    4), yes.

    John

    Daneel wrote:
    > On 2 May 2005 10:27:26 -0700, <jnewquist@difsol.com> wrote:
    >

    > > Daneel wrote:
    > >> Just to clarify: I have Mata Hari and Samson in play. I play
    Ventrue
    > >> Investment. I may choose to play it in the normal fashion (as I
    > > have
    > >> Samson in play), in which case it gets one counter for Samson. I
    > > may
    > >> also choose to play it using Mata Hari's special, in which case
    the
    > >> Ventrue Investment also counts her to be a Ventrue Antitribu,
    and
    > > it
    > >> gets two counters. Right?
    > >
    > > Supposing Samson graverobbed Mata Hari (he's group 2 and she's
    group
    > > 4), yes.
    >
    > Okay, so if I played Hostile Takeover instead of Graverobbing, it
    > doesn't work?

    Well, I was assuming you'd start with a !Ventrue deck to use the VI, so
    I didn't think of Mata playing the HT to grab Samson. Maybe Alan
    Sovereign's around for a third investment counter.

    > Only with Graverobbing? And what if Samson has DOM
    > (through a skill card, the Seal or some Elder Vitae, for example),
    > does it matter whether he plays Graverobbing at dom or DOM?

    Only if he later goes to torpor. As long as Samson stays ready, you can
    play the VI (control a ready ventrue, per the rulebook) and use Mata
    Hari's text (play a card requiring a clan as if she were a member of
    that clan) even if she's still in torpor.

    > Please, was the graverobbing remark of any relevance to the
    hypothetical
    > example? Sheesh. I feel like needing to take a vacation every
    month.

    No, it was (tangentially) relevant to the weeks-old discussion about
    whether or not Frederick the Weak is too strong. Personally, I think
    Samson would kick Frederick's ass if only Dylan would give him his hair
    back.

    John

    LSJ wrote:
    > Daneel wrote:
    > > On 2 May 2005 13:31:33 -0700, <jnewquist@difsol.com> wrote:
    > >> Only if he later goes to torpor. As long as Samson stays ready,
    you can
    > >> play the VI (control a ready ventrue, per the rulebook) and use
    Mata
    > >> Hari's text (play a card requiring a clan as if she were a member
    of
    > >> that clan) even if she's still in torpor.
    > >
    > > Are you pulling my leg? Can you really do that? This is new. So you
    can
    > > play the card because Samson is ready, and you use Mata Hari's
    special
    > > ability to make the card consider her a Ventrue Antitribu?
    > >
    > > LSJ, can we get a confirmation here, please?
    >
    > No. Her special won't apply to playing master cards if she isn't
    ready,
    > since she needs to be ready to meet any clan requirement of a master
    > card.

    Her text: "You and she may play cards that require a sect and/or clan
    as if she were of that required sect and/or clan."

    There's nothing in there that says she needs to be the ready minion I
    "spot" to play master cards requiring a sect or clan, merely that I can
    play such cards "as if she were of that sect and/or clan."

    John

    On 2 May 2005 08:30:30 -0700, LSJ <vtesrep@white-wolf.com> wrote:

    >> How does it work for Ventrue Investment?
    >
    > For all: she plays the card as an <X>. Once in play, the card no longer
    > treats her as an X.
    > Once in play, she is no longer chosen for the Clandestine Contract.
    > Provision of the Silsila is largely useless to her, since she won't be
    > chosen for a contract. Glory won't give her +bleed, but will net pool
    > on oust.
    >
    > D'Habi specifies "this Baali", which she is not.
    >
    > Walk Through Arcadia has no "in play" effect (indeed, it is not put in
    > play), so it is fine.
    >
    > The rest similarly.

    Just to clarify: I have Mata Hari and Samson in play. I play Ventrue
    Investment. I may choose to play it in the normal fashion (as I have
    Samson in play), in which case it gets one counter for Samson. I may
    also choose to play it using Mata Hari's special, in which case the
    Ventrue Investment also counts her to be a Ventrue Antitribu, and it
    gets two counters. Right?

    --
    Bye,

    Daneel

    In order for you to play a clan master card you need to control a ready
    member of that clan. Mata allows you to play a master card from any
    clan, but she needs to be ready to fulfill the other criteria.

    On 2 May 2005 10:27:26 -0700, <jnewquist@difsol.com> wrote:

    > Daneel wrote:
    >> Just to clarify: I have Mata Hari and Samson in play. I play Ventrue
    >> Investment. I may choose to play it in the normal fashion (as I
    > have
    >> Samson in play), in which case it gets one counter for Samson. I
    > may
    >> also choose to play it using Mata Hari's special, in which case the
    >> Ventrue Investment also counts her to be a Ventrue Antitribu, and
    > it
    >> gets two counters. Right?
    >
    > Supposing Samson graverobbed Mata Hari (he's group 2 and she's group
    > 4), yes.

    Okay, so if I played Hostile Takeover instead of Graverobbing, it
    doesn't work? Only with Graverobbing? And what if Samson has DOM
    (through a skill card, the Seal or some Elder Vitae, for example),
    does it matter whether he plays Graverobbing at dom or DOM?

    Please, was the graverobbing remark of any relevance to the hypothetical
    example? Sheesh. I feel like needing to take a vacation every month.

    --
    Bye,

    Daneel
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On 2 May 2005 13:31:33 -0700, <jnewquist@difsol.com> wrote:

    > Daneel wrote:

    > Ventrue
    >> > have
    >> > may
    > the
    > and
    >> > it
    >> >
    >> > Supposing Samson graverobbed Mata Hari (he's group 2 and she's
    > group
    >> > 4), yes.
    >>
    >> Okay, so if I played Hostile Takeover instead of Graverobbing, it
    >> doesn't work?
    >
    > Well, I was assuming you'd start with a !Ventrue deck to use the VI, so
    > I didn't think of Mata playing the HT to grab Samson. Maybe Alan
    > Sovereign's around for a third investment counter.

    I assume you intentionally left yourself open this time. Okay, I'll bite:
    VI isn't an Investment in that sense (it lacks the special descriptor).
    So Alan's special wouldn't matter. Unfortunately, if you ask me... But
    it's still so.

    >> Only with Graverobbing? And what if Samson has DOM
    >> (through a skill card, the Seal or some Elder Vitae, for example),
    >> does it matter whether he plays Graverobbing at dom or DOM?
    >
    > Only if he later goes to torpor. As long as Samson stays ready, you can
    > play the VI (control a ready ventrue, per the rulebook) and use Mata
    > Hari's text (play a card requiring a clan as if she were a member of
    > that clan) even if she's still in torpor.

    Are you pulling my leg? Can you really do that? This is new. So you can
    play the card because Samson is ready, and you use Mata Hari's special
    ability to make the card consider her a Ventrue Antitribu?

    LSJ, can we get a confirmation here, please?

    >> Please, was the graverobbing remark of any relevance to the
    > hypothetical
    >> example? Sheesh. I feel like needing to take a vacation every
    > month.
    >
    > No, it was (tangentially) relevant to the weeks-old discussion about
    > whether or not Frederick the Weak is too strong. Personally, I think
    > Samson would kick Frederick's ass if only Dylan would give him his hair
    > back.

    ;)

    (Now that I know to detect a joke, I can actually spot it and enjoy.)

    --
    Bye,

    Daneel
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Daneel wrote:
    > On 2 May 2005 13:31:33 -0700, <jnewquist@difsol.com> wrote:
    >> Only if he later goes to torpor. As long as Samson stays ready, you can
    >> play the VI (control a ready ventrue, per the rulebook) and use Mata
    >> Hari's text (play a card requiring a clan as if she were a member of
    >> that clan) even if she's still in torpor.
    >
    > Are you pulling my leg? Can you really do that? This is new. So you can
    > play the card because Samson is ready, and you use Mata Hari's special
    > ability to make the card consider her a Ventrue Antitribu?
    >
    > LSJ, can we get a confirmation here, please?

    No. Her special won't apply to playing master cards if she isn't ready,
    since she needs to be ready to meet any clan requirement of a master
    card.

    http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Robert Scythe wrote:
    > In order for you to play a clan master card you need to control a
    ready
    > member of that clan.

    Like Samson (in the example above).

    > Mata allows you to play a master card from any
    > clan, but she needs to be ready to fulfill the other criteria.

    Her text does not say she needs to be ready for her ability to work.
    (If it did she would not be able to play Recure of the Homeland). It
    may be somehow implicit, but it's not in the plain English.

    Per her text I may play Ventrue Investment "as if she were of [clan
    Ventrue Antitribu]". Since she is not ready, this is not sufficient to
    meet the rules "control a ready minion of that clan", but Samson is. I
    meet the requirements to play the card, and per Mata's text I can play
    such a card as if she were !Ventrue.

    Unless there's something implicit in her text that's just not coming
    through to me.

    John
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    jnewqu...@difsol.com wrote:
    > Robert Scythe wrote:
    > > In order for you to play a clan master card you need to control a
    > ready
    > > member of that clan.
    >
    > Like Samson (in the example above).
    >
    > > Mata allows you to play a master card from any
    > > clan, but she needs to be ready to fulfill the other criteria.
    >
    > Her text does not say she needs to be ready for her ability to work.
    > (If it did she would not be able to play Recure of the Homeland). It
    > may be somehow implicit, but it's not in the plain English.
    >
    > Per her text I may play Ventrue Investment "as if she were of [clan
    > Ventrue Antitribu]". Since she is not ready, this is not sufficient
    > meet the rules "control a ready minion of that clan", but Samson is.
    > meet the requirements to play the card, and per Mata's text I can
    play
    > such a card as if she were !Ventrue.
    >
    > Unless there's something implicit in her text that's just not coming
    > through to me.
    >
    > John

    A couple of questions:

    Can you use two different vampires to satisfy the requirements to play
    a card? For example, if there were a master card that required a
    Ventrue Prince, I couldn't use Jazz Wentworth to satisfy the Ventrue
    requirement, and Gilbert Duance to satisfy the Prince requirement. I
    would have to have a vampire like Emerson Bridges (who is both Ventrue
    and a Prince) out and ready to satisfy all the requirements to play the
    card, correct?

    Also, for Ventrue Investment, though Mata Hari can play the card 'as a
    !Ventrue', it doesn't actually make her one, does it? So she wouldn't
    count 'as a !Ventrue you control' for determining how many blood
    counters you put on VI, right?

    Chris, aka Martin, Elder of Clan Tremere
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    salem wrote:
    > tsk. bad people.
    >
    > say you don't have a samson. just a mata hari in torpor.
    >
    > you want to play VI. can't, no ready !ven.
    >
    > now you have samson. he's a ready !ven.
    >
    > you want to play VI. It requires a ready !ven to play. so, who meets
    > this requirement? Samson, and no one else. so you play the card. it
    > gets one counter, because Samson is the only !ven you control. You
    > can't play it using mata's ability, because she is in torpor. she
    does
    > not meet the requirements of playing the card. she meets one
    > requirement, !ven, but not the other requirement, "ready".

    Samson and Mata Hari do not play Master cards. Methuselahs do.
    Methuselahs must meet the requirements (in this case, control a ready
    !Ventrue).

    But Mata Hari's text does not say that I may play cards requiring a
    clan as if I met the requirements of those cards, it says I may play
    them as if she were a member of that clan (which, while she is ready,
    happens to mean I may that I may play them as if I meet the
    requirements by doing so).

    > now, because you were not playing the card with mata's ability, the
    VI
    > card does not treat her as !ven, because as we know the "play as if
    > X..." things are only treated as X by the specific cards that they
    are
    > playing as X. So, because it was Samson allowing you to play VI and
    > not Mata, the card only gets one counter.

    Mata Hari's ability to play cards herself is not at issue. She also
    allows her controller to play cards as if she were of the clan/sect
    that they require. Nothing in her text (explicitly) states that she
    must be ready for me to do so.

    If it's meant to be that way, fine. But it's not clear from the text.

    > salem
    > http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
    > (replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)

    John
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On 3 May 2005 05:26:21 -0700, <jnewquist@difsol.com> wrote:

    > Robert Scythe wrote:
    >> In order for you to play a clan master card you need to control a
    > ready
    >> member of that clan.
    >
    > Like Samson (in the example above).
    >
    >> Mata allows you to play a master card from any
    >> clan, but she needs to be ready to fulfill the other criteria.
    >
    > Her text does not say she needs to be ready for her ability to work.
    > (If it did she would not be able to play Recure of the Homeland). It
    > may be somehow implicit, but it's not in the plain English.
    >
    > Per her text I may play Ventrue Investment "as if she were of [clan
    > Ventrue Antitribu]". Since she is not ready, this is not sufficient to
    > meet the rules "control a ready minion of that clan", but Samson is. I
    > meet the requirements to play the card, and per Mata's text I can play
    > such a card as if she were !Ventrue.
    >
    > Unless there's something implicit in her text that's just not coming
    > through to me.

    Pretty convincing argument. Quite logical; I'm convinced. Of course,
    I'm not officially convinced, just common sense logically convinced;
    only LSJ can officially convince me. ;)

    LSJ?

    --
    Bye,

    Daneel
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    carl wrote:
    > <jnewquist@difsol.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Robert Scythe wrote:
    > > > In order for you to play a clan master card you need to control a
    > > ready
    > > > member of that clan.
    > >
    > > Like Samson (in the example above).
    > >
    > > > Mata allows you to play a master card from any
    > > > clan, but she needs to be ready to fulfill the other criteria.
    > >
    > > Her text does not say she needs to be ready for her ability to
    work.
    > > (If it did she would not be able to play Recure of the Homeland).
    It
    > > may be somehow implicit, but it's not in the plain English.
    >
    > Specific card text to the contrary (of course)
    > How does any dirt-bod do anything if they're not-ready?

    They don't take actions except the leave torpor. They don't react. But
    their text is active, by default. See also Mariel, Lady Thunder.

    If Mata Hari's text said "When she is ready, you and she...", she would
    not be able to play Recure of the Homeland, because she would not be
    able to use her text to mimic !Tremere when she was in torpor. That she
    *can* play Recure of the Homeland is good and consistent.

    Likewise, if her text said (or if it is meant to imply) that "you and
    she may play cards that require a sect or clan as if she met that
    sect/clan requirement", then it wouldn't matter and my example would be
    moot. But it is not clear from the text alone that she must be used to
    meet the requirements of master cards I play when I use her text.

    Of course we have to take LSJ's last post as the official clarification
    (for now, at least), but it'd be nice if he said something more on the
    issue.

    > New Meth's got a dream she gets these bods, dirt naps them keeps them
    in the
    > basement y'see. Thinks it gives her special powers.

    John
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On Tue, 03 May 2005 20:46:29 GMT, Daneel <daniel@eposta.hu> scrawled:

    >On 3 May 2005 05:26:21 -0700, <jnewquist@difsol.com> wrote:
    >

    >> Robert Scythe wrote:
    >>> In order for you to play a clan master card you need to control a
    >> ready
    >>> member of that clan.
    >>
    >> Like Samson (in the example above).
    >>
    >>> Mata allows you to play a master card from any
    >>> clan, but she needs to be ready to fulfill the other criteria.
    >>
    >> Her text does not say she needs to be ready for her ability to work.
    >> (If it did she would not be able to play Recure of the Homeland). It
    >> may be somehow implicit, but it's not in the plain English.
    >>
    >> Per her text I may play Ventrue Investment "as if she were of [clan
    >> Ventrue Antitribu]". Since she is not ready, this is not sufficient to
    >> meet the rules "control a ready minion of that clan", but Samson is. I
    >> meet the requirements to play the card, and per Mata's text I can play
    >> such a card as if she were !Ventrue.
    >>
    >> Unless there's something implicit in her text that's just not coming
    >> through to me.
    >
    >Pretty convincing argument. Quite logical; I'm convinced. Of course,
    > I'm not officially convinced, just common sense logically convinced;
    > only LSJ can officially convince me. ;)

    tsk. bad people.

    say you don't have a samson. just a mata hari in torpor.

    you want to play VI. can't, no ready !ven.

    now you have samson. he's a ready !ven.

    you want to play VI. It requires a ready !ven to play. so, who meets
    this requirement? Samson, and no one else. so you play the card. it
    gets one counter, because Samson is the only !ven you control. You
    can't play it using mata's ability, because she is in torpor. she does
    not meet the requirements of playing the card. she meets one
    requirement, !ven, but not the other requirement, "ready".

    now, because you were not playing the card with mata's ability, the VI
    card does not treat her as !ven, because as we know the "play as if
    X..." things are only treated as X by the specific cards that they are
    playing as X. So, because it was Samson allowing you to play VI and
    not Mata, the card only gets one counter.

    salem
    http://www.users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/VtES/index.htm
    (replace "hotmail" with "yahoo" to email)
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    On Wed, 04 May 2005 07:31:38 +1000, salem <salem_christ.geo@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    > tsk. bad people.
    >
    > say you don't have a samson. just a mata hari in torpor.
    >
    > you want to play VI. can't, no ready !ven.
    >
    > now you have samson. he's a ready !ven.
    >
    > you want to play VI. It requires a ready !ven to play. so, who meets
    > this requirement? Samson, and no one else. so you play the card. it
    > gets one counter, because Samson is the only !ven you control. You
    > can't play it using mata's ability, because she is in torpor. she does
    > not meet the requirements of playing the card. she meets one
    > requirement, !ven, but not the other requirement, "ready".
    >
    > now, because you were not playing the card with mata's ability, the VI
    > card does not treat her as !ven, because as we know the "play as if
    > X..." things are only treated as X by the specific cards that they are
    > playing as X. So, because it was Samson allowing you to play VI and
    > not Mata, the card only gets one counter.

    According to my interpretation... Mata Hari, when you play a card that
    requires a clan, may choose the card being played to consider her to
    be a member of that clan.

    In our example, this means that if she chooses, she is considered a
    Ventrue Antitribu for the duration of playing Ventrue Investment. If we
    do not look beyond that time scope, her status is exactly the same as
    Samson's with respect to the VI being played. Meaning, that if you can
    play VI and it gets 2 counters when Mata Hari is ready and Samson is
    torpid, the exact same result should occur if they are the other way
    around.

    The key question is: is Mata Hari's text somehow magically limited to
    mimicking a clan when she is used to play the card, or is it lacking
    such apparently missing restriction?

    --
    Bye,

    Daneel
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    jnewqu...@difsol.com wrote:
    > Likewise, if her text said (or if it is meant to imply) that "you and
    > she may play cards that require a sect or clan as if she met that
    > sect/clan requirement", then it wouldn't matter and my example would
    be
    > moot. But it is not clear from the text alone that she must be used
    > meet the requirements of master cards I play when I use her text.
    >
    > Of course we have to take LSJ's last post as the official
    clarification
    > (for now, at least), but it'd be nice if he said something more on
    the
    > issue.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/11099869a914f58d?hl=en
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    <jnewquist@difsol.com> wrote in message

    > Robert Scythe wrote:
    > > In order for you to play a clan master card you need to control a
    > ready
    > > member of that clan.
    >
    > Like Samson (in the example above).
    >
    > > Mata allows you to play a master card from any
    > > clan, but she needs to be ready to fulfill the other criteria.
    >
    > Her text does not say she needs to be ready for her ability to work.
    > (If it did she would not be able to play Recure of the Homeland). It
    > may be somehow implicit, but it's not in the plain English.

    Specific card text to the contrary (of course)
    How does any dirt-bod do anything if they're not-ready?

    New Meth's got a dream she gets these bods, dirt naps them keeps them in the
    basement y'see. Thinks it gives her special powers.
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "LSJ" <vtesrep@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
    > jnewqu...@difsol.com wrote:
    > > Likewise, if her text said (or if it is meant to imply) that "you and
    > > she may play cards that require a sect or clan as if she met that
    > > sect/clan requirement", then it wouldn't matter and my example would
    > be
    > > moot. But it is not clear from the text alone that she must be used
    > > meet the requirements of master cards I play when I use her text.
    > >
    > > Of course we have to take LSJ's last post as the official
    > clarification
    > > (for now, at least), but it'd be nice if he said something more on
    > the
    > > issue.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/11099869a914f58d?hl=en

    But that would mean "requires a ready anarch" text means the anarch cards
    can be played by anyone once one anarch (or matahari) is available - unlike
    "prereq" symbols which appear on the side of the card. The side of the card
    showing that the meth has gained influence in that clan or has familiarity
    with their movements, where the "requires a text" seems to indicate the
    acting vamp needs a skill, mindset or clout to dare to carry out there
    action.
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    carl wrote:
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/11099869a914f58d?hl=en
    >
    > But that would mean "requires a ready anarch" text means the anarch cards
    > can be played by anyone once one anarch (or matahari) is available - unlike

    No, it doesn't.

    > "prereq" symbols which appear on the side of the card. The side of the card
    > showing that the meth has gained influence in that clan or has familiarity
    > with their movements, where the "requires a text" seems to indicate the
    > acting vamp needs a skill, mindset or clout to dare to carry out there
    > action.

    "Requires a" in text or as a symbol on the side of a card means the same
    thing: the thing that is required is required. Minion cards can only be
    played by minions that meet the requirements. Master cards can only be played
    by Methuselahs who control ready minions who meet the requirements.

    http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    I took
    "All abilities that allow any minion to play a card that requires something
    which the minion lacks as "as if this minion has/is that required something
    ....""

    any minion to mean ANY minion

    rather than to mean a minon (is in this specific minion)

    Good we been playing it right then. We had to firm up when anarch came
    along cause everyone cyrpted a couple of wee anarchs and lot of Moles and
    stuff turned up.
    Made for bland games.

Games Video Games